Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:43:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 428 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AMP - The Currency That Powers Your Attention On Synereo  (Read 879153 times)
ashapasa

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 11:03:05 AM

I bought some amp, but am hesitant to buy more  Huh Can someone please clarify the total number of New amps to be sold in crowdsale. Is it unlimited or does it have a fixed supply? Also at what price would the amps be sold, would it be on par or less than market price ?

Can someone please answer this these questions.

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1439

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 11:13:15 AM

Yes. I have the same concern as ashapasa. What if this ICO will make AMP go down in price. Then it would be better to just buy the ICO than the volatile coins in the exchanges.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
ashapasa

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 01:42:06 PM

If I am thinking correctly, it would not be in the interest of devs for price to dip at the exchanges. It would also not be possible for them to charge higher than market price, also prices in exchanges cannot rise because crowdsale is offering more amp perhaps at a discount otherwise no incentive to buy from crowdsale. Crowdsale sale prices cannot be too cheap compared to market as it will crash market price which with not benefit the devs, provided only a limited amp is to be sold, if unlimited amp is to be sold none of the above situation matters.

i am leaning towards a slight fall in price rather than a increase now. People might want to arbitrage what little incentive is provided at crowdsale compared to market.

I support the project so please don't take this as fud. What do you guys think?
TrueAnon
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 01:48:52 PM

Yes. I have the same concern as ashapasa. What if this ICO will make AMP go down in price. Then it would be better to just buy the ICO than the volatile coins in the exchanges.

This second funding isn't an "ICO" per se.  It's an external funding, which will bring external investing exposure to Synereo.  

It will be held at https://bnktothefuture.com, which has hosted investing for ShapeShift, Factom, Kraken, etc.  It's a highly publicized site with praise from Richard Branson an many media outlets.  Just think of the potential exposure that creates.  It also will be a more credible funding than your typical BitcoinTalk ICO, and requires investors to pass certain requirements, so it will give more legitimacy to Synereo, which in turn will attract deep pocket investors who may not necessarily be familiar with the crypto scene as their primary source of investment.  

If you look through that site, you'll see that the site generally attracts bigger investors, not small timers, which is also important to note.  For example, take a look at a few of the past fundings:

Kraken:
https://bnktothefuture.com/pitches/kraken-series-a
Total Raised ~ $100k (USD)
Total Investors: 1
Average Investment ~ $100k (USD) per person

Ribbit
https://bnktothefuture.com/pitches/ribbit-me
Total Raised ~ $1.5mil (USD)
Total Investors: 52
Average Investment ~ $29k (USD) per person

Storjcoin:
https://bnktothefuture.com/pitches/storj
Total Raised ~ $500k (USD)
Total Investors: 50
Average Investment ~ $10k (USD) per person

ShapeShift:
https://bnktothefuture.com/pitches/shapeshift-coincap
Total Raised ~ $1.85mil (USD)
Total Investors: 279
Average Investment ~ $6.6k (USD) per person

Factom:
https://bnktothefuture.com/pitches/factom-inc
Total Raised ~ $1.1mil (USD)
Total Investors: 329
Average Investment ~ $3.3k (USD) per person

-----------

Secondly, let's analyze the effect of the bnktothefuture on price:

• Factom finished its funding on July 22, 2016.  At that time, the price was $1.56 (USD); Now the price of Factom is $2.71 (USD)
  • Storj finished its funding on October 21, 2015.  At that time, the price was $0.015 (USD); Now the price of Storj is $0.11 (USD)

There is really no reason to believe that this funding would harm the price of Synereo, but rather would help it.  To be honest, I wish the funding would be bad for Synereo for the simple fact that I would love to buy more.  Synereo is really a gem that not too many people are focused on yet.  But if you consider that Steem hit $5 (USD), I have no doubt Synereo will go over $1.  It's extremely underpriced considering the amount of development and the skilled team.  Most people don't realize that Synereo could actually compete with Ethereum head-to-head.  

*boom*

Liking very mucho what I hear Smiley Thanks.

Would love to see AMP on 1ex.trade - if the devs don't mind going on the site and quickly filling out the sign up coin section Smiley
m4nki

Activity: 1039
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 07:41:46 PM

Synereo has been featured in an article on NewsBTC.com:

[...]The upcoming alpha launch of Synereo as a next generation social network promises change in the way consumer technologies work today. The project, which was in development mode for the last two years, strives to promote decentralization in the social networking sector. It utilizes the power of Bitcoin’s underlying technology — the blockchain — to build a trustless system, where the user is the only king.
[...]
By removing the middlemen as stated above, Synereo aims to provide passive income to users. The platform’s decentralized prospects prompt advertisers to directly pay users to see their content. By following this method, advertisers also get to connect with potential leads, with their consent for a fee.[...]

http://www.newsbtc.com/2016/08/23/blockchain-synereo-evolution-social-networking/

DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 04:20:26 AM

If I am thinking correctly, it would not be in the interest of devs for price to dip at the exchanges. It would also not be possible for them to charge higher than market price, also prices in exchanges cannot rise because crowdsale is offering more amp perhaps at a discount otherwise no incentive to buy from crowdsale. Crowdsale sale prices cannot be too cheap compared to market as it will crash market price which with not benefit the devs, provided only a limited amp is to be sold, if unlimited amp is to be sold none of the above situation matters.

i am leaning towards a slight fall in price rather than a increase now. People might want to arbitrage what little incentive is provided at crowdsale compared to market.

I support the project so please don't take this as fud. What do you guys think?

Like I said before, I think the price at the crowdsale will be at least around 40-50k sat per AMP.  This is pure speculation though.  I deduce this from the fact that it would be half the price of the Ethereum crowdsale (1000 ETH per BTC), but for a much more technologically advanced platform.  Whatever the price is, the market will quickly adjust to it, because the order books are thin.  In my mind the greatest benefit to buying directly from Synereo as opposed to the open market is that you are able to lock-in your price for a set number of AMPs without driving the price up against yourself.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
Maksim Popov

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 09:12:20 AM

So the price for ICO would be twice lower then the price on exchanges?
Is this right? What is the benefit holding current coins though?
whenberich

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 09:32:10 AM

So the price for ICO would be twice lower then the price on exchanges?
Is this right? What is the benefit holding current coins though?

How are you concluding this?

The current market price is roughly 24k; if someone says they think the price for the crowdsale will be 40-50k how is that lower than the current price?  It's higher.  The advantage of holding now is that this crowd sale will bring major investment that will increase the price.  I think there's a strong advantage to holding now.

What's the ICO price? I saw someone said it was 4k sat, I calculated the price is 200 sat. But you guys said 10k sat? I am very confused now.
jacaf01

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2016, 10:18:36 AM

Please when is the new ICO? I dont want to miss out this time arround

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Synereo_zh

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 11:47:21 AM

Please when is the new ICO? I dont want to miss out this time arround

There is not a set date and terms yet. The best option is to subscribe to our newsletter at http://www.synereo.com/ to get updates.

Join our slack where the conversation is happening http://slack.synereo.com/
TeseracT

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 01:11:28 PM

Well the crowdsale has to be in better price than market, otherwise why invest through BTTF. So short term price decline is logical.

ICONOMI - Fund Management Platform  ❘|❘ ICO ❘|❘ DISCUSSION
raphma

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 02:29:11 PM

Well the crowdsale has to be in better price than market, otherwise why invest through BTTF. So short term price decline is logical.
actually, it tends to the opposity.
the price will be higher, that will lead to pump in the current coin and price will find a "new zone".

if they do a lower price in the crowdsale that will ruin the investors holding right now and that would lead to a lose of trust.
but, if they opens in a higher price, they market will adjust and that will be good to the current investors, and that will lead to gain trust.
m4nki

Activity: 1039
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 03:15:08 PM

More coverage about Synereo and it's upcoming release:

[...]
Anything published through Synereo is encrypted and recorded onto a public blockchain which no individual person or organisation can control. As Konforty assured me, this means that:

Synereo has zero access or control over information on the network. There’s nothing Synereo can do that relates to user identity or data on the network. Neither Synereo nor any external party can take down information or users from the net.
[...]

http://cryptorials.io/synereo-need-decentralized-social-networks/

The decentralized, open-source social network will compensate users with its own cryptocurrency for viewing promoted content.
[...]

http://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/innovation/blockchain-powered-synereo-set-to-challenge-facebook-and-twitter/

[...]
Built on top of the company’s unique distributed tech stack, which utilizes blockchain technology to enable a peer-to-peer internet, the alpha version will become available after two years of development and refinement.
[...]

http://www.econotimes.com/Synereos-blockchain-based-social-network-to-enter-alpha-phase-in-September-263754

[...]
Synereo prides itself on sharing information through pathways of networks, similar to how the brain works. To be more precise, the social network aims to integrate measures of compassion in its code. This will be made possible thanks to Synereo collaborating with Ethereum and various top developers.
[...]

http://fintechist.com/decentralised-social-media-platform-synereo-focuses-measures-compassion/

[...]
“Nevertheless, decentralized social networks are going to become the norm, based on the reward incentives they will work. Think about it, at some point a generation grew up without myspace we our generation was thinking myspace is the coolest thing ever. A generation is starting that may never use facebook because they can't understand the concept of feel good likes over monetary likes.”
[...]

https://cointelegraph.com/news/beware-facebook-decentralised-social-network-is-approaching

[...]
The Synereo network operates entirely without central servers or data centers. Instead, the network compensates users for contributions of storage and computation power when they support the distributed network with their personal devices. Additionally, the social network itself adheres to principles of the attention economy, which provides users with monetary rewards for creating and curating content that people like.
[...]

http://www.the-blockchain.com/2016/08/22/blockchain-startup-synereo-announces-alpha-release-worlds-first-decentralized-social-network/

TeseracT

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 03:21:24 PM

the price will be higher, that will lead to pump in the current coin and price will find a "new zone".

if they do a lower price in the crowdsale that will ruin the investors holding right now and that would lead to a lose of trust.
but, if they opens in a higher price, they market will adjust and that will be good to the current investors, and that will lead to gain trust.

is it your speculation or you know, the price in crowdslae will be higher?

raphma

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 03:41:15 PM

is it your speculation or you know, the price in crowdslae will be higher?

speculation.
like i said, if they know what they are doing(and i'm sure they know) they wouldn't harm the current supporters.

the current supporters are people buying amp right now.
TeseracT

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 04:06:02 PM

someone set sell wall of 190 BTC at 28500 to suppress price rise, obviously a whale trying to accumulate before pump happens.

mexicotaco

Activity: 87

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 05:03:34 PM

someone set sell wall of 190 BTC at 28500 to suppress price rise, obviously a whale trying to accumulate before pump happens.

Shocked Shocked You may be right, maybe he really wants to sell, who knows? Usually sell in the news, you know this.
SynereoCommunity

Activity: 385

Your Network. Your Rules.

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2016, 06:51:29 PM

You can JOIN us LIVE by using the zoom link

https://zoom.us/j/2522161381

▄███▄   ▄███▄
       ▄█████   █████
       ████▀   ███████
     ▄█▀     ▄█▀     ▀█▄
▄████▀  ▄████▀         ▀████▄
█████   █████           █████
▀████▄  ▀████▄          ▀███▀
     ▀█▄     ▀█▄
▄███   ▀████▄  ▀████▄
█████   █████   █████
▀████   ▀███▀   ████▀
    ▀█▄▄     ▄▄█▀
      ▀███████▀
        █████
         ▀▀▀
synereo|                         
       ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   ███
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████
  ░▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓████
 ░▓▓▓▓███████████████████▓▓░
░▓▓▓▓███████████████████▓▓▓▓░
▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓█████████████████████▓▓▓
▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓
▓▓▓███████████████▓███████▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓
░▓▓▓▓███████▓███████████▓▓▓▓░
 ░▓▓▓▓▓███████████████▓▓▓▓ 
   ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   
      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░
WildSpark
A new way to pay attention
|
Where your creation efforts are rewarded.
TELEGRAM | WEBSITE | ANN | FACEBOOK | DISCORD | TWITTER
|
EARN NOW
|

▄█████████▄
  ▄████▀   ▀██████▄
 ██████     ████████
████████▄▄  ▀████████
█████▀   ▀██    ▀████
█████     ██     ████
█████▄   ▄██    ▄████
████████▀▀  ▄████████