Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:30:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 428 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AMP - The Currency That Powers Your Attention On Synereo  (Read 879153 times)
BTC-BTC-BTC
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

www.neutroncoin.com

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 05:27:51 PM

What was the ICO price?

1k-2k sat, some people bought with 1usd=350 amp, some for less amp, but the price is already multiple. I dare not buy this.

WOW. Great for the people bought it at the ICO price. I am not going in at the current price. Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
raphma

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 05:32:14 PM

Another crowdsale will kill the price of AMP, it's called inflation.
only if they sell below the market price... and i really hope they dont do this.
cowboys

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 06:10:48 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2016, 06:26:10 PM by cowboys

It would be cool to see how many AMPs a potential AMP buyer would need to reach his goal audience.  A factor like this is the only real way to value AMP.

If a AMP was valued at 1$ each and you needed 1 AMP to reach 5 consumers then the value of AMP would be in a bubble, and the price would crash.  

I mention this because this seems to be the main sales pitch.  

People need to know these things have a real grasp of the value of AMP

Also it would be cool to hear a list of other applications that Synereo has in mind beside the social platform, and also how AMP would be spent in these platforms.  

People need to know these things to even start speculating the value of AMP.  

If you, Synereo, were to quantify these variables and even backed them up, pragmatically, in your beta release then you could probably expect a ton of investors. But only if the current price of a AMP, 0.17$ , seemed reasonable for its efforts.  

If a 17 cent AMP could enable a piece of content to reach 100,000 consumers then yes AMP would be extremely under valued at its current 0.17$ usd price.  In this case you could expect a lot of investors.

Right now we are shooting in the dark, and am surprised no one has brought this up.  How are expect to reach people with sky high money without this information.  Real investors bet on product, not pure speculation.

Devs?

Answering questions like these would be good for your long-term goal... unless your just down for the AMP bubble.  Be aware that too high of a price of AMP WILL kill your chances of attracting investors and ultimately would kill your project as a whole.   You guys will need a ton of money to battle a billion dollar company.  

Heres one case:  http://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2012/04/11/ten-reasons-why-facebook-bought-instagram/#7792cd237407

Also if Synereo is going public, then don't you risk being bought out by Facebook?  Facebook would not grow the company, they would smash it - its a threat to their main revenue stream.  If so all beginning investors would be played - since without Synereo, AMPs are worthless.  Is this your exit-strategy?  

Huh Huh Huh
LiskQH

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 08:12:59 PM

I haven't understood something, ICO has already begun?! Why there is no official news?  Huh Huh Huh
https://bnktothefuture.com/pitches/synereo
SynereoCommunity

Activity: 385

Your Network. Your Rules.

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2016, 08:26:44 PM

It would be cool to see how many AMPs a potential AMP buyer would need to reach his goal audience.  A factor like this is the only real way to value AMP.

If a AMP was valued at 1$ each and you needed 1 AMP to reach 5 consumers then the value of AMP would be in a bubble, and the price would crash.  

I mention this because this seems to be the main sales pitch.  

People need to know these things have a real grasp of the value of AMP

Excellent points!
The idea that we need to have some baseline for comparison, especially where existing services will compete for market share, is a very natural one.

So to start, we can take something that is more fixed: network transaction fees on synereo vs other places, from btc to international fiat transfers.  The short answer is less than one cent.  To say that is "competitive" to existing charges is an understatement; it's an exponential, disruptive leap forward.

On the other hand, specifically in the context that you speak of, where someone AMPs their content to reach new markets/viewers, that cost is relative to several variables, so not so straightforward.  However, there are two important points I'd like to add.

1. Your "organic reach" does not need Amping to be distributed with its own ranking factor to your normal contacts, based on the past history of your relationship, and specific semantic context (hashtags, etc).  So a business who has all their customers using this network could communicate with everyone at >$.01 per customer.  Like email supercharged with network social effects.  A hard price to beat.

So you only use AMPs to push content beyond the network that you build up yourself over time.

2. I think if you could offer reaching 5 new potential customers for $1, you'd have every fortune 500 company in line at your doorstep.  I'm not talking random people, mind you, but context relevant, opted-in consumers. (you'll actually get both, when you factor in friends-of-friends sharing)

So will it be that cheap?  I kind of doubt it.  Companies pay an average of $26-50 per qualified lead, for example.  Also, think about the value of BTC in those same terms - seems to be quite disconnected between the market price of the token, and the value of actual services rendered.  There is obviously more at play here than a simple 1:1 correspondence.

The thing is, it's not Synereo that sets this rate, it's the market.
The decentralized attention economy puts the value in control of the owner of the attention, not with the owner of the medium
If you are an active network member, adding value to it as you go, then you'll have a high Reo (reputation) score, and get more from Amped posts.  If you have established many good relationships with other high-reo "distributors" (curators, etc), then their boosts will be more effective than the same number of average users re-sharing it.

So it is an interesting question, as to how the "price of reaching relevant consumers" will factor into the very long-term price of AMPs.

But first, the network has to grow and mature.  It's all speculation until then, and there are parts of the story that really have not been done before, so there are no adequate comparisons.

Some other applications are listed at the bottom of our landing page:  https://www.synereo.com/

Synereo is not 'going public' either, BTW.  The 'exit strategy' is to become a public commons.

▄███▄   ▄███▄
       ▄█████   █████
       ████▀   ███████
     ▄█▀     ▄█▀     ▀█▄
▄████▀  ▄████▀         ▀████▄
█████   █████           █████
▀████▄  ▀████▄          ▀███▀
     ▀█▄     ▀█▄
▄███   ▀████▄  ▀████▄
█████   █████   █████
▀████   ▀███▀   ████▀
    ▀█▄▄     ▄▄█▀
      ▀███████▀
        █████
         ▀▀▀
synereo|                         
       ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   ███
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████
  ░▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓████
 ░▓▓▓▓███████████████████▓▓░
░▓▓▓▓███████████████████▓▓▓▓░
▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓█████████████████████▓▓▓
▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓
▓▓▓███████████████▓███████▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓
░▓▓▓▓███████▓███████████▓▓▓▓░
 ░▓▓▓▓▓███████████████▓▓▓▓ 
   ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   
      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░
WildSpark
A new way to pay attention
|
Where your creation efforts are rewarded.
TELEGRAM | WEBSITE | ANN | FACEBOOK | DISCORD | TWITTER
|
EARN NOW
|

▄█████████▄
  ▄████▀   ▀██████▄
 ██████     ████████
████████▄▄  ▀████████
█████▀   ▀██    ▀████
█████     ██     ████
█████▄   ▄██    ▄████
████████▀▀  ▄████████
 ██████     ████████
  ▀████▄   ▄██████▀
     ▀█████████▀
Powered by
AMP
Joint Force

Activity: 804

DAO ↔ DApp

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2016, 10:34:24 PM

I haven't understood something, ICO has already begun?! Why there is no official news?  Huh Huh Huh

I think bnktothefuture has two rounds of investing.

1) for their elite members group. You get in if you have lots of money.

2) for the public.

elite members get in on the investment for cheaper.

I've never used them so I don't know for sure.

boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 10:50:22 PM

Synereo is not 'going public' either, BTW.  The 'exit strategy' is to become a public commons.

exactly the right strategy, companies grow, get big, and still fail .... standards can evolve and last for ever
Elokane (OP)

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2016, 11:21:32 PM

I haven't understood something, ICO has already begun?! Why there is no official news?  Huh Huh Huh

2) for the public.

Everyone can participate if they're interested. We have announced multiple times that an early sale is available to our community.

Synereo: liberating the Internet from abusive business models.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>
m4nki

Activity: 1039
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 02:05:40 AM

Synereo got featured on Bitcoin Rush on YouTube. Wondering what this guy drinks Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCXYrFB6VUM&hb=Heartbeat_moment&hb_moment=GZYNTStClBvaZ0DU24bOVs7MnNwqkyQv&t=154s&t2=293s

Joint Force

Activity: 804

DAO ↔ DApp

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2016, 02:14:04 AM

2) for the public.

Everyone can participate if they're interested. We have announced multiple times that an early sale is available to our community.

I was talking about bnktothefuture in general, for all their investment opportunities. I think bnktothefuture has two member rankings. If you want to buy lots of Synereo you would want to look at joining that part of bnktothefuture if it exists. I don't use bnktothefuture so I don't know for sure.

Dave5

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 03:05:22 AM

I have an account with bnktothefuture and invested in few past campaigns.  All investors have same opportunity to invest and in no way some get an advantage over others!!

❒ SWISS ALPS ❒        ▬ MINING & ENERGY ▬      ❒ SWISS ALPS ❒
█████          The Smart Mining Company           █████
Telegram █  Get a piece of COLD 6 220 238 SAM █     Twitter
lsqgoddess

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 03:54:07 AM

You guys mean amp has 2nd round of ico already?? Shouldn't be latter??
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 04:22:22 AM

You guys mean amp has 2nd round of ico already?? Shouldn't be latter??

It starts in September.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2016, 09:33:52 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2016, 10:05:05 AM by Joerii

My answer to the question "Price seems high right now.... should I buy ?"

It’s impossible to say with certainty why the price of an asset rises or falls. There’s many factors contributing to buying and selling pressure. But the simplest way to explain it is this : It has to do with sentiment. How does “the market” feel about Synereo right now ? If “it” is positive ( with that, i mean the average spending power a speculator/investor has ) - price will rise because more is bought. Negative sentiment will result in the opposite.

To complicate matters, sometimes this logic goes out of the window when big speculators try to manipulate the market by making a price drop so the can buy in cheap, or driving the price up so they can sell at a better price Smiley

You can always worry that you’re buying at to high a price, just as you can also worry that you’re selling at to low a price. The only thing that matters in that decision is one question : What do you think the price will be in the future ? And “the future” depends on how much patience you have.

It's always a guessing game. During a big rally in any asset, there's always people that'll comment "surely, this can't go any higher" .... and yet, it can and often does. They sell and then cry about the missed profit because price goes on to double.
During a crash, you'll have people buying and commenting, "surely, we've reached the bottom now" ...and it keeps crashing and they lose more money.

Calling tops and bottoms is VERY hard and even real experts usually only have a success rate of 60% or so. The trick is making a lot of trades and spreading your risk, so that with a small % edge, you still make money.

Now I wish I could follow that advice myself, since I have 80% of all my capital in AMP right now....

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
ApexEvo

Activity: 280

🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 10:16:48 AM

I haven't understood something, ICO has already begun?! Why there is no official news?  Huh Huh Huh

I thought we will hear about the price of AMP in crowdsale and about amount of AMP being sold. Is this the crowdsale that was supposed to be live in september? Why not official announcement?

▄▄▄▄▄               ▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄██▀        ▀██▄    ▄██▀         ▀█▄
██▀            ▀██▄  ▀▀             ██
██               ▀██        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
██                ▀██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ██▄          ▄██   ▀██▄          ▄▄▄
  ▀██▄      ▄██▀      ▀██▄▄     ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀          ▀▀██████▀▀

Unchained Smart Contracts
Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable
Blockchain Technology
Turing-Complete
State-Channels

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.TWITTER.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TELEGRAM

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████     
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
.SLACK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
REDDIT
f
.FACEBOOK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
LINKEDIN

extee

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 10:16:59 AM

are AMPS just the tokens of the social network or also the underlying coin of the Synereo blockchain as a whole?
happynorway

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 11:46:05 AM

from bnktothefuture.com:

AMP price will be locked at a price higher than the market price

so if people wanna buy amp, people will pump the market price, actually i think it is reverse. People won't buy up, and the price will be dumped because of the dilution.
LiskQH

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 11:50:48 AM

Now I have begun to doubt honesty of developers. What is it and what does it mean?
To begin sale for tens of thousands of dollars it is reserved? They sell the shares at the good price now? Because now price very highly?

They want (or they know what so will be) suit a huge dump during ICO?
LiskQH

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 11:55:50 AM

From us keep a secret conditions of carrying out ICO now. We as people the invested money in the project shall know it. Everything shall be transparent. Developers shall report about it now what I could make the decision what to do with my investments.

And now they create favorable circumstances for speculators and own silent sales of coins.
K~Ehleyr

Activity: 434

Ooh, shiny things!!

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 12:00:35 PM

I've been watching this and trying to figure it out.  I don't understand the reason for, or objective of, the crowdsale.  However, given that there is to be a crowdsale, there are three options for pricing.

1.  Crowdsale at market value: market becomes flooded, price drops.
2.  Crowdsale at below market value: same effect as 1 but forces an immediate dip, probably also prompting a dump before the crowdsale even starts as traders sell high to buy back cheaper later.
3.  Crowdsale at above market value: hmm... an artificial pump, yes, but would avoid the pre-sale sell-off.  It may be the best way to mitigate the effect of dumping a whole load of new coins into the system.

Can anyone verify whether that analysis has any merit or whether I've just written a load of crap?
Any why do the crowdsale thing?
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 428 »
  Print  

Jump to: