Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 02:18:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 428 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AMP - The Currency That Powers Your Attention On Synereo  (Read 879151 times)
RayX12

Activity: 952
Merit: 552

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 02:03:16 PM

Take a quick example... Steem is currently valued at $102,739,330 (102 million dollars)

now lets assume that they plan to have a total coin supply of 1.6 billion AMPs

Coin value = 102,739,330 / 1,600,000,000 = $0.0642 (dollars=
 in BTC = 0.0642 / 600 = 0.0001

Current value is 0.0003

So until these people fix the coin supply entering in this market is.... questionable.

Yeah but steem is artificially bumped (like MOST alt coins), take away the whales bots playing and what do you have? WAY less value (the true value) of what people actually want to 'trade' the coin at back/forth.  We say "steem" or whatever coing is "valued at" but it's not hte same as a REAL business having such value lol.  As example WBB who runs 1ex.trade...it will soon be a registered business AG company in Switzerland because they need to setup for future plans now involving bringing in business entities. (not to distant future either) Wink  Cool - Then at least they can say "they have value" as a business or company, not just some altcoin valuation on a website.  

Wow this thing is so dangerous.. hard to believe that they are able to hold the price up...

PEOPLE DO THE MATH BEFORE YOU BUY!  

They can sell more tokens at will.  I am going to see if there is acceptance of this platform before investing.  This thing is looking more like a Steem type scam than anything else..

I heard that there is no wallet for this token?  wtf??

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alexjonescrypto

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 02:24:20 PM

Take a quick example... Steem is currently valued at $102,739,330 (102 million dollars)

Current value is 0.0003

So until these people fix the coin supply entering in this market is.... questionable.

Yeah but steem is artificially bumped (like MOST alt coins), take away the whales bots playing and what do you have? WAY less value (the true value) of what people actually want to 'trade' the coin at back/forth.  We say "steem" or whatever coing is "valued at" but it's not hte same as a REAL business having such value lol.  As example WBB who runs 1ex.trade...it will soon be a registered business AG company in Switzerland because they need to setup for future plans now involving bringing in business entities. (not to distant future either) Wink  Cool - Then at least they can say "they have value" as a business or company, not just some altcoin valuation on a website.  

Wow this thing is so dangerous.. hard to believe that they are able to hold the price up...

They can sell more tokens at will.  I am going to see if there is acceptance of this platform before investing.  This thing is looking more like a Steem type scam than anything else..

I think your comparing this to a typical altcoin. AMP is an OMNI asset. You can store AMP there or cold store with any bitcoin address. No need for some random wallet. The devs are talking that they will announce somethings about the quantity. This is a major project that is not your typical altcoin fantasy. There are years ahead, but a great dev team, a vibrant community, and things look very positive. I also heard that after this AMP sale that there would be no AMP sold, but this could just be a rumour until we have word.
Ajayjkhidhgtfe

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 02:44:01 PM

Current value is 0.0003

I think your comparing this to a typical altcoin. AMP is an OMNI asset. You can store AMP there or cold store with any bitcoin address. No need for some random wallet. The devs are talking that they will announce somethings about the quantity. This is a major project that is not your typical altcoin fantasy. There are years ahead, but a great dev team, a vibrant community, and things look very positive. I also heard that after this AMP sale that there would be no AMP sold, but this could just be a rumour until we have word.
how can we store amp on bitcoin address  Shocked  Huh and what about no crowdsale after this one would be great if there is answer to this also  Smiley
alexjonescrypto

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 03:02:08 PM

Current value is 0.0003

how can we store amp on bitcoin address  Shocked  Huh and what about no crowdsale after this one would be great if there is answer to this also  Smiley

This was shared on slack the other day on how to store AMP. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QO0sAlOFYhbcjBz3_pFEB1v8cLc1foDErLDe_iUPuA0/edit
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 03:18:05 PM

LOL at FUD here.  This coin is more than another shitty alt and soon enough will prove why.  Not fake reason it's up this high already and will prob go more in the future. Smiley

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
cryptonikus

Activity: 595
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 04:25:55 PM

FUD always means expectation of price rise. Someone should write dictionary of crypto, with practical meanings.  Smiley

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★  .❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
fittsy

Activity: 441
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2016, 04:27:21 PM

I agree.  AMP has potential.

Someone in the know with lots of experience in crypto recommended AMP and Synereo to me.  He's seen plenty of scam coins. I trust his advice better than someone I never met in RL who has an unknown amount of expertise.

MinerParts - 8 GPU Riserless motherboard with Intel 3855 CPU - 1600w fully modular power supply
Best quality PCIe Powered Risers Shop on Amazon - Shop on eBay - or ship direct at MinerParts.com <- best for international or crypto purchases
SynereoCommunity

Activity: 385

Your Network. Your Rules.

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2016, 05:02:23 PM

For those of you who think that calculating the real market value of a blockchain/token company is possible, and even make predictions from, by using "market cap" to compare with other tokens**, here's some data to play with:

This round of fundraising will be limited to $8 million worth of AMPs.

Taking prices between 28 to 40 sat (approx. $0.18 to $0.24), that means a maximum of between around 33 and 44 million AMPs will be added to the existing 62 million.  That is clearly not an increase of 2x, 3x, etc!

Furthermore, Synereo is following a plan that is overseen by a 3rd party (Omni), so there cannot be changes made to this plan without approval.  Given that everything we do is transparent, this would only be done with community input and general consensus.  This is not up to anybody's "whim".

Even more importantly, of the 1.6 billion AMPs that are not in circulation yet, only 850 million are in the Future Funding wallet/budget.  The other ~half is to be given out for user rewards, content creators, bounties, etc.  They can obviously only enter the market when the project grows, and is successful - regulated by the rate of new user adoption.  These people will be potential traders, increasing the potential volume in secondary trading markets by many, many times over - without any radical volatility that a direct sale might have.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/1r1G-ROS4vgHK84qfn1CBIxuXZQCCvIicCTQSxW1T_mo/edit?usp=drive_web

** Not recommended, as there is no theory behind it; not even a model.

▄███▄   ▄███▄
       ▄█████   █████
       ████▀   ███████
     ▄█▀     ▄█▀     ▀█▄
▄████▀  ▄████▀         ▀████▄
█████   █████           █████
▀████▄  ▀████▄          ▀███▀
     ▀█▄     ▀█▄
▄███   ▀████▄  ▀████▄
█████   █████   █████
▀████   ▀███▀   ████▀
    ▀█▄▄     ▄▄█▀
      ▀███████▀
        █████
         ▀▀▀
synereo|                         
       ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   ███
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████
  ░▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓████
 ░▓▓▓▓███████████████████▓▓░
░▓▓▓▓███████████████████▓▓▓▓░
▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓█████████████████████▓▓▓
▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓
▓▓▓███████████████▓███████▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓
░▓▓▓▓███████▓███████████▓▓▓▓░
 ░▓▓▓▓▓███████████████▓▓▓▓ 
   ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   
      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░
WildSpark
A new way to pay attention
|
Where your creation efforts are rewarded.
TELEGRAM | WEBSITE | ANN | FACEBOOK | DISCORD | TWITTER
|
EARN NOW
|

▄█████████▄
  ▄████▀   ▀██████▄
 ██████     ████████
████████▄▄  ▀████████
█████▀   ▀██    ▀████
█████     ██     ████
█████▄   ▄██    ▄████
████████▀▀  ▄████████
 ██████     ████████
  ▀████▄   ▄██████▀
     ▀█████████▀
Powered by
AMP
RayX12

Activity: 952
Merit: 552

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 06:37:03 PM

For those of you who think that calculating the real market value of a blockchain/token company is possible, and even make predictions from, by using "market cap" to compare with other tokens**, here's some data to play with:

I hope you come forth with some transparency since the information so far provided is not enough.

So there are 1.68 billion amps in existence...
And are currently available for trading only 62.5 million..
So how many AMPs were sold in the private crowdsale?
How many AMPs were given away as part of the promotion?
Where the private crowdsale AMPs already released to the market?
I assume you have not updated the market cap figures to reflect this sale?  If so why not?
And soon you are going to sell $8 million dollars more of AMP at 40 sats according to the web page for crowd sale.
Assuming that price of 40 sats then $8,000,000 = 12,900 BTC at $620 per BTC
Which means you are going to sell 12900/0.0004 = 32.2 million AMPs

Basically you are diluting the market cap of the 62.5 million AMPS in the market by an additional 32.2 million, which is a 51.5% market cap dilution, and you are hoping that the market cap is boosted automatically and magically by the same proportion.  That would require that the price holds when these additional AMPs are released to the market.

So lets assume that you do this and the people buy all of your AMPs and then you release to amps to the buyers.. 
First you have sold all of the AMP to the people who want to buy AMP who are now in the market thinking should I buy now at market prices or should I buy from the Devs.  So when you sell AMP directly to the buyers, you have taken those buyers away from the market and embezzled the value of that sale to you rather then to the market.

So now we have a market with a lot more holders and less buyers...  how do expect the price to hold up?

Now lets repeat this scenario to the total 1.68 billion AMPS available.

I am truly at a loss on how anyone can think that this is possible... Basically you are increasing the market cap of AMP (if price holds) in huge steps by doing these progressive crowdsales instead of letting the buyers dictate the price of an AMP by the standard market forces.

Now all of the current holders of AMP get screwed out of a price rise since you are taking the buyers out of the market and selling them more coins...
Ethertrader1

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 07:15:09 PM

I am truly at a loss on how anyone can think that this is possible... Basically you are increasing the market cap of AMP (if price holds) in huge steps by doing these progressive crowdsales instead of letting the buyers dictate the price of an AMP by the standard market forces.

Now all of the current holders of AMP get screwed out of a price rise since you are taking the buyers out of the market and selling them more coins...

I am an AMP holder and I was upset like many with the price announcement as most people, but its also clear this is about the project and not the price right now. While I want to make a nice return I see it clearly that the project needs funds to get to the next level. If they don't raise money how can they build a decentralised web? I would suggest sell your coins and go buy some other coins and play the altcoin lotto. This is Ethereum 2.0 and you need to realise a 10x return doesn't happen overnight, but real returns will take some time. So if they sell 20 Million or 40 Million this money is going into the project. To see what they have done with $120k I think this group is very capable.
SynereoCommunity

Activity: 385

Your Network. Your Rules.

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2016, 08:19:41 PM

I hope you come forth with some transparency since the information so far provided is not enough.

So there are 1.68 billion amps in existence...
And are currently available for trading only 62.5 million..
So how many AMPs were sold in the private crowdsale?
How many AMPs were given away as part of the promotion?
Where the private crowdsale AMPs already released to the market?
I assume you have not updated the market cap figures to reflect this sale?  If so why not?
And soon you are going to sell $8 million dollars more of AMP at 40 sats according to the web page for crowd sale.
Assuming that price of 40 sats then $8,000,000 = 12,900 BTC at $620 per BTC
Which means you are going to sell 12900/0.0004 = 32.2 million AMPs

Basically you are diluting the market cap of the 62.5 million AMPS in the market by an additional 32.2 million, which is a 51.5% market cap dilution, and you are hoping that the market cap is boosted automatically and magically by the same proportion.  That would require that the price holds when these additional AMPs are released to the market.

So lets assume that you do this and the people buy all of your AMPs and then you release to amps to the buyers..  
First you have sold all of the AMP to the people who want to buy AMP who are now in the market thinking should I buy now at market prices or should I buy from the Devs.  So when you sell AMP directly to the buyers, you have taken those buyers away from the market and embezzled the value of that sale to you rather then to the market.

So now we have a market with a lot more holders and less buyers...  how do expect the price to hold up?

Now lets repeat this scenario to the total 1.68 billion AMPS available.

Again, the idea of valuating this company (or any other) by using hacked terms borrowed from the stock market (or others) is not going to work for anything meaningful.

So I'll try to correct & answer your questions as best as possible.

There was no "private crowdsale".  It's all one thing.
The pre-sale has been going on for some time now, and it is included with the total.
They will all be released at the same time, at the end of the sale.
The other details can't be calculated until it is over.  Stay tuned.

We do not do a "market cap" - that is something the exchanges have created.

So when you sell AMP directly to the buyers, you have taken those buyers away from the market..

It sounds like you might be confused.  The secondary market where traders buy & sell tokens is supplied by us in general.  All tokens that we (or any similar company) sell are "directly to buyers".  We are the sole producer of said product, as are all tokens.  We do not compete with this market, we enable it.  The more people that hear about Synereo, the bigger that market will be, including buyers.  The social media platform is the vehicle that can take digital tokens to the masses - far beyond what has been accomplished by BTC.

This confusion comes from misusing the stock market term of "market cap".  Stocks are ownership in the company; tokens are not.  Even in these traditional companies, market cap is not the sole determiner of the value of the company.  However, if a publicly traded company did create new stocks, and they sold them on the market and the total was more than the actual value of the company, the market would react and the stock price would adjust down (that's why they only do this when there is room to move there) - just like it can move up when positive quarterly earning reports are released.

So the missing piece of information in your line of questioning is "How much is Synereo worth?".  That has nothing to do with the amount of tokens on the trading market.  One standard way is to compare the company to other similar companies.  Facebook is worth around $350 billion - and analysts recently claimed it could be worth $1 trillion in the future (whose future, I don't know!).  Ethereum was around $1 billion.  At the moment, no one has a scalable blockchain specified except Synereo - which means they can get to the size of Facebook.  Now, these are just loose comparisons, but even with their drawbacks, they are more helpful in valuation than just multiplying the tokens already sold to the market by their trading price at the moment.  You have to create some perspective, not just a single dart thrown at a wall.

The markets are good at finding equilibrium once they are mature.  The AMP market is not yet mature - it has just begun.  The market knows that there are more AMPs designated for Future Funding, and that they will be used as they pass milestones.  Each milestone increases the value of the company, because it has moved closer to those mature competitors like Facebook. (this is not even considering the many other markets that Synereo will serve, beyond social media)  If Synereo did try to sell more AMPs to the market in the future, and the company's potential new value was not greater than this figure, the market would reject them.

On the other hand, since Synereo is still a start-up company, thinking that new AMPs "dilute" the market is misplaced.  Even if nothing else happened, just the money that is raised would increase the balance sheets; "infusion" is a better word for what happens.  The value of the company will be recalculated by the market, based on the new information available.  You are free to speculate that the value is too much, too little, or just right.  The vast majority of people I've heard think it's low.  Even Steem is still almost twice where AMP will come out of the funding event, and it has declined for a couple months.

▄███▄   ▄███▄
       ▄█████   █████
       ████▀   ███████
     ▄█▀     ▄█▀     ▀█▄
▄████▀  ▄████▀         ▀████▄
█████   █████           █████
▀████▄  ▀████▄          ▀███▀
     ▀█▄     ▀█▄
▄███   ▀████▄  ▀████▄
█████   █████   █████
▀████   ▀███▀   ████▀
    ▀█▄▄     ▄▄█▀
      ▀███████▀
        █████
         ▀▀▀
synereo|                         
       ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   ███
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████
  ░▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓████
 ░▓▓▓▓███████████████████▓▓░
░▓▓▓▓███████████████████▓▓▓▓░
▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓█████████████████████▓▓▓
▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓
▓▓▓███████████████▓███████▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓
░▓▓▓▓███████▓███████████▓▓▓▓░
 ░▓▓▓▓▓███████████████▓▓▓▓ 
   ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   
      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░
WildSpark
A new way to pay attention
|
Where your creation efforts are rewarded.
TELEGRAM | WEBSITE | ANN | FACEBOOK | DISCORD | TWITTER
|
EARN NOW
|

▄█████████▄
  ▄████▀   ▀██████▄
 ██████     ████████
████████▄▄  ▀████████
█████▀   ▀██    ▀████
█████     ██     ████
█████▄   ▄██    ▄████
████████▀▀  ▄████████