Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:22:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 428 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AMP - The Currency That Powers Your Attention On Synereo  (Read 879153 times)
murt9000

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 09:46:50 AM

Ping ya back in 1 year and we can check out the price of AMPs together.

Thanks for your constructive input.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ethertrader1

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 10:02:48 AM

Synereo on The Value Walk http://www.valuewalk.com/2016/09/facebook-inc-fb-twitter-inc-twtr-social-media-choice/

"Synereo, whose alpha release is slated for September, will test its automated, trustless interactions over the network for users to build systems that do not require concentrated power to maintain order.

With the power spread throughout the network and is left in the hands of the active participants in it – the users, decentralized systems will usher in the start of a social media era that could be a plausible choice for users.

Aside enabling users to connect directly to one another via secure cryptographic channels that prevent eavesdropping without their consent, they can also exchange services and value, share and collaborate without anyone in their way. Isn’t that what we all need?"

Synereo is everywhere.....

There is really a growing need for decentralised media, social networks, platforms. I was wondering if Synereo was too early, but it appears its growing demand.
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 10:03:14 AM

You sound like the same guys that were selling under 1000 sats after the first crowdsale.  Max amount of AMPs in the foreseeable future is 62.5M + 44M = 106.5M.  A marketcap valuation of Synereo of only $100M puts each AMP at $1.  Imo, we're going to blow past that pretty quickly.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
murt9000

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 10:28:29 AM

Max amount of AMPs in the foreseeable future is 62.5M + 44M = 106.5M.

Source? If you can actually back that up with a legitimate source confirming that there are no plans to distribute the rest of the AMPs in the future, then it would actually address the concerns of many potential investors.

Let me save you some time. You can't back it up because the AMPs wouldn't have been created if there wasn't plans to distribute them in the future. I'm not psychic but I can foresee the effect that will have on the price.

DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 10:39:41 AM

Source? If you can actually back that up with a legitimate source confirming that there are no plans to distribute the rest of the AMPs in the future, then it would actually address the concerns of many potential investors.

Let me save you some time. You can't back it up because the AMPs wouldn't have been created if there wasn't plans to distribute them in the future. I'm not psychic but I can foresee the effect that will have on the price.

The last I heard, the next crowdsale is 1.5 years after this one is finished.  The first crowdsale had ~400M AMPs for sale.  This crowdsale only has a MAX of 44M AMPs for sale.  I doubt any future crowdsale will have more than 44M AMPs for sale, imo most likely less, and they're all going to be spaced at least 1.5 years apart from one another.  Founders AMPs are locked up, and I seriously doubt they sell any significant portion any time soon.  The rest of the AMPs are allocated to bounties, content creators, and user signups.  None of these are going to result in a large dillution or any one person holding a large sum of AMPs.  The crowdsales are going to be the major source of new AMPs coming to market, and as seen from the announcement, not many are up for grabs.  The crowdsale AMPs are the funding source of Synereo, and they're not going to burn through them.  The plan for Synereo is a long term one.  Listen to the hangout sessions.  In the last hangout session, Greg is talking about his vision for Synereo ten years into the future.  Long term projects require long term funding.  Do the math.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
murt9000

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 11:10:05 AM

The last I heard, the next crowdsale is 1.5 years after this one is finished.  The first crowdsale had ~400M AMPs for sale.  This crowdsale only has a MAX of 44M AMPs for sale.  I doubt any future crowdsale will have more than 44M AMPs for sale, imo most likely less, and they're all going to be spaced at least 1.5 years apart from one another.  Founders AMPs are locked up, and I seriously doubt they sell any significant portion any time soon.  The rest of the AMPs are allocated to bounties, content creators, and user signups.  None of these are going to result in a large dillution or any one person holding a large sum of AMPs.  The crowdsales are going to be the major source of new AMPs coming to market, and as seen from the announcement, not many are up for grabs.  The crowdsale AMPs are the funding source of Synereo, and they're not going to burn through them.  The plan for Synereo is a long term one.  Listen to the hangout sessions.  In the last hangout session, Greg is talking about his vision for Synereo ten years into the future.  Long term projects require long term funding.  Do the math.

Exactly, no source to confirm that the supply will not exceed 106.5M in the future because your claim was baseless. You have instead confirmed that the first inflationary event is imminent and that there are additional inflationary events planned, in the foreseeable future. Each of these events will negatively impact the price and investor sentiment. You have made my point for me, thank you.
freequant

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 11:49:58 AM

If facts & reasoning don't change your mind, nothing will.

Done more research and decided to invest anyway. I jumped the gun a bit quick earlier and apologize for that.
I still think your communication is hand wavy, but your business model is solid, and your team is top notch.
I hope I made the right choice and won't be disappointed.

I'd recommend being more upfront about that market cap thing though.
Whether or not you agree that market cap applies for crypto assets in the same way as it does for stocks, it is still a fact that every other crypto under the sun agrees to this approximation (even if it is only an approximation) and accepts to be upfront about matters of supply, and how much future dilution investors should expect to undergo. So far what I observe is that each time future dilution is mentioned you (@SynereoCommunity) go into a wall of text mode where you pretty much flood the matter under reasonable sounding explanation all the while not acknowledging the fact that the current float in indeed a mere 4% of the total supply.

Can we discuss frankly about numbers?
ShooterXD

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 11:55:39 AM

Ill just keep buying slowly.

Every day i get more coins to the big pump, easy money!
Hold your coins guys!
=D

murt9000

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 12:05:06 PM

Whether or not you agree that market cap applies for crypto assets in the same way as it does for stocks,

Market cap is simply a measurement of investor sentiment, nothing more or less, and it applies equally to any investment product. Any claim that the concept of investor sentiment doesn't apply to crypto, or more specifically Synereo, is utter waffle.
SynereoCommunity

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

Your Network. Your Rules.

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2016, 03:04:40 PM

Done more research and decided to invest anyway. I jumped the gun a bit quick earlier and apologize for that.
I still think your communication is hand wavy, but your business model is solid, and your team is top notch.
I hope I made the right choice and won't be disappointed.

I'd recommend being more upfront about that market cap thing though.
Whether or not you agree that market cap applies for crypto assets in the same way as it does for stocks, it is still a fact that every other crypto under the sun agrees to this approximation (even if it is only an approximation) and accepts to be upfront about matters of supply, and how much future dilution investors should expect to undergo. So far what I observe is that each time future dilution is mentioned you (@SynereoCommunity) go into a wall of text mode where you pretty much flood the matter under reasonable sounding explanation all the while not acknowledging the fact that the current float in indeed a mere 4% of the total supply.

Can we discuss frankly about numbers?

Sure!  We appreciate your critical views - these help us to decide on future plans, and give us important feedback on how we can improve.

"Market sentiment" is indeed important, as murt9000 says, and it does apply to digital tokens.

All I'm saying (sometimes with too many words!) is we need to replace the parts of that valuation model that do not apply to us.

One of those parts is "quarterly earnings reports", which the market sentiment reacts to with vigor.

I believe that the milestone funding that we've set up does this, albeit at a much longer term of 18 months.  However, that will change now that we are rolling out the first alpha iteration.  With each improvement (this will be every 2-3 weeks for a while), the market will see our progress this way.

The main problem I see is that many people are trying to use the principles of supply & demand in a superficial and incomplete way.

If you do not take the growth of demand into consideration, you will indeed come up with ideas like "inflationary" or "dilution".  The problem is, when the user base is growing, and the number of people that hear about the project increases greatly, those equations will not work.  It's a balancing act to match the increase in supply with the increase in demand - and new supporters buying tokens from the funding wallet do just this.  I can tell you that many people are coming into this for the first time - they do not own any other tokens.  IMO, this increase in the size of the market, and volume, will be very beneficial to the trader communities.

I invite anyone who wants to help come up with a better system than just using "supply x price" - especially those of you who are critical of our ideas - to work with us to develop something a bit more useful and accurate.  We all know we live in a world where things can be 'faked' easier than ever, and we have to act collectively to fact-check people's claims.  Right now, that is impossible if we are relying exclusively on 'market cap' as the litmus test.

▄███▄   ▄███▄
       ▄█████   █████
       ████▀   ███████
     ▄█▀     ▄█▀     ▀█▄
▄████▀  ▄████▀         ▀████▄
█████   █████           █████
▀████▄  ▀████▄          ▀███▀
     ▀█▄     ▀█▄
▄███   ▀████▄  ▀████▄
█████   █████   █████
▀████   ▀███▀   ████▀
    ▀█▄▄     ▄▄█▀
      ▀███████▀
        █████
         ▀▀▀
synereo|                         
       ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   ███
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████
  ░▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓████
 ░▓▓▓▓███████████████████▓▓░
░▓▓▓▓███████████████████▓▓▓▓░
▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓█████████████████████▓▓▓
▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓
▓▓▓███████████████▓███████▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓
░▓▓▓▓███████▓███████████▓▓▓▓░
 ░▓▓▓▓▓███████████████▓▓▓▓ 
   ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   
      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░
WildSpark
A new way to pay attention
|
Where your creation efforts are rewarded.
TELEGRAM | WEBSITE | ANN | FACEBOOK | DISCORD | TWITTER
|
EARN NOW
|

▄█████████▄
  ▄████▀   ▀██████▄
 ██████     ████████
████████▄▄  ▀████████
█████▀   ▀██    ▀████
█████     ██     ████
█████▄   ▄██    ▄████
████████▀▀  ▄████████