Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:33:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WARNING] A personal warning to you all.  (Read 2935 times)
stonehedge (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 11:54:30 AM

If you can't lose big, don't bet big.

Yes, this what people always talks about, we all know that, but the truth is how exactly many people can follow the rule? Gambling is addictive, people who is addictive with gambling all need a lesson, like this, finally OP loss big money, this is the best way to keep them away from gambling.

This was really the point of me sharing on this thread.

I was not a habitual gambler and until becoming involved in crypto had barely placed a bet in my life.  I have no idea what happened to me when I made my big loss.  It just seemed to happen.  I just lost control and the whole thing is a haze.  Its scary because I was not somebody who gambles regularly or with large amounts.

Anyway, thanks for the messages of support.  I do appreciate them.

As for the warnings of not betting more than I can afford to lose and other pearls of wisdom...bit too late for me but thanks anyway Wink

For the record, at today's prices, I'm down £116,000 from that single flurry of madness.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pagalwana

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 11:57:27 AM

I am sad to see such big loss but i have made till now like 10-20 bets with directbet and i am at a profit of 0.01. Should i stop before i start giving loss ? But i feel very lucky while gambling.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ THIS IS NOT A FRAUD ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TRADINGUSEFUL INFOPROFIT                 SUCCESS BITCOIN TRADING                 ►TRADINGUSEFUL INFOPROFIT
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ We Earn 9.3% Per Day And Give You Up To 6.6% ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
1gallon

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 02:26:28 PM

I was not a habitual gambler and until becoming involved in crypto had barely placed a bet in my life.  I have no idea what happened to me when I made my big loss.  It just seemed to happen.  I just lost control and the whole thing is a haze.  Its scary because I was not somebody who gambles regularly or with large amounts.

As for the warnings of not betting more than I can afford to lose and other pearls of wisdom...bit too late for me but thanks anyway Wink

For the record, at today's prices, I'm down £116,000 from that single flurry of madness.

I'm sorry for your loss mate!! this whole crypto-currency keeps making me feel like it's not real money because of how easy it is to just put a simple number and press 'roll'.

I myself know the thrill and rush and sweaty palms too well rolling online, and havn't lost nearly as much as you have, maybe around ~$800. Thus this year I will not be taking a trip to Vegas or anywhere much.

It's like crypto is not real money... it's like when I used to play Neopets (like some just-dice users know), and we bonded over how we treat crypto somewhat like a game currency you buy and play with. Neopets had a currency called Neopoints, and they had slot machines, wheels, scratch cards, I feel like that's what i'm doing most of the time, and then come late to realize... i paid for these bitcoins with real money, and i lost real money.
GannickusX

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 03:07:01 PM

I am sad to see such big loss but i have made till now like 10-20 bets with directbet and i am at a profit of 0.01. Should i stop before i start giving loss ? But i feel very lucky while gambling.

Depends, are you gambling on dice or sports because on sports you can definitely make profit even in the long term.
dhimasnk

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 03:15:27 PM

Should not bet a lot of money, because you will regret it if bet all your money

BUY LOW/SELL HIGH
24/7 TRADING BOT  GUNBOT  THE AUTOMATIC PROFIT GENERATOR FOR POLONIEX
LIMITED EDITION NOW AVAILABLE FOR KRAKEN AND BITTREX  My bitcoin address: 37xyZGoqmkeTTatsWcnFJS4iL4xdE4Cuia + wex.nz codes at Peermarketer@gmail.com
cazkooo
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1013

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 03:25:35 PM

I'm sorry for your loss mate!! this whole crypto-currency keeps making me feel like it's not real money because of how easy it is to just put a simple number and press 'roll'.

I myself know the thrill and rush and sweaty palms too well rolling online, and havn't lost nearly as much as you have, maybe around ~$800. Thus this year I will not be taking a trip to Vegas or anywhere much.

It's like crypto is not real money... it's like when I used to play Neopets (like some just-dice users know), and we bonded over how we treat crypto somewhat like a game currency you buy and play with. Neopets had a currency called Neopoints, and they had slot machines, wheels, scratch cards, I feel like that's what i'm doing most of the time, and then come late to realize... i paid for these bitcoins with real money, and i lost real money.

It will be good if we actually get some profit from gambling, but the house wins almost all the time, you need to be super lucky for that, all that happens should remain history, it is a lesson for you to actually not gamble high amount
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 03:36:53 PM

Gambling is addictive and can cause losses to you eventually.
It would be best to quit gambling.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 04:13:06 PM

Hi,

I have lost over 300BTC through theft and one 20 minute self destructive gambling spree in the last year or so.

If you have a moment to read my account here, I hope to prevent others making the same mistakes as me.

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/a-warning-to-you-all.4373/

All the best,

Dan

Thanks for story and warning, i only gamble what i can afford to lose for fun Smiley
Stars

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 05:17:38 PM

Gambling is addictive and can cause losses to you eventually.
It would be best to quit gambling.

For the majority of people, I agree. Though there's people out there that can control gambling and just do it every so often for some fun.

Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:22:30 PM

You probably have more fairer odds on the horses.

That's where my money goes, pokies/slots, roulette, poker, etc don't phase me, betting on an animal gives you more chance Wink
asuryan180

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:30:30 PM

You probably have more fairer odds on the horses.

That's where my money goes, pokies/slots, roulette, poker, etc don't phase me, betting on an animal gives you more chance Wink

That is quite true especially if you go to the track and bet on them live that is a nice day out, i have a horse racing track at the end of my road and a dog racing track about a 5minute walk away. To be honest i don't use them as much as i used to but they are a good day/night at the dogs  Smiley

Hows it been going since your loss op have you managed to get back on track and not let it get you down to much?

Hope so.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: