Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:13:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin exchanges that doesn't require a Social Security  (Read 1045 times)
darksteve (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 11:58:04 AM

I am a US citizen and I'm looking to buy Bitcoins on an exchange.  Are there any that offers alternative ways of verification and don't require a social security number?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btcjocan

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 12:41:03 PM

I am a US citizen and I'm looking to buy Bitcoins on an exchange.  Are there any that offers alternative ways of verification and don't require a social security number?

With my personal experience on crypto exchanges online, I haven't encounter any site that doesn't require that matter, because as in my own understanding that social security number proved the authenticity of your complete informations. I don't see any problems with that and you can comply what is really needed in order to do the exchanges service of buying your bitcoins to invest.
sweetdesirez

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 02:07:36 PM

Most exchanges do not ask for a verification upto a certain limit. They require the verifications after a certain amount of total transactions to comply with the laws of the country from where they operate from. Would suggest to use and dump accounts up to the limit.
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 03:41:01 PM

Most exchanges do not ask for a verification upto a certain limit. They require the verifications after a certain amount of total transactions to comply with the laws of the country from where they operate from. Would suggest to use and dump accounts up to the limit.

Many exchanges will ask you to verifying your details using Government proof, Facebook, trusted users around the site, phone number and etc...
If there is any exchanges will not require information like SSN id or other id, you can list down below. We may come to know that.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 07:00:52 PM

United States government is obsessed with Know Your Customer (KYC) and all other identity stuffs when it comes to finacial transactions and exchanges operating in the States have to abide by them. I would advise to go for the offshore exchanges who are not so strict in identity verification.

You mean using multiple accounts so that we will never reach such limits where the verification process will get triggered on reaching ? seems a working idea though.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: