Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:03:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] cryptothrift - Bitcoin and Litecoin Auction Site  (Read 4888 times)
Dacm4n

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:32:45 PM

Is there a way to add tracking numbers to completed listings so buyers know it was really shipped?
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Duetschpire (OP)

Activity: 368

bitify.com - Bitcoin Marketplace & Auction site

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 02:14:24 AM

Is there a way to add tracking numbers to completed listings so buyers know it was really shipped?

No, not at this stage. But I think this is a great feature we will look into introducing asap. Thanks for bringing it up!

nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 06:39:51 AM

This is one of the best bitcoin sites out there! Really fast replies from the owners.

Good luck! Smiley

Duetschpire (OP)

Activity: 368

bitify.com - Bitcoin Marketplace & Auction site

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 04:37:00 AM

This is one of the best bitcoin sites out there! Really fast replies from the owners.

Good luck! Smiley

Thank you!!

MRBONG411

Activity: 639
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:03:34 AM

Not so fast on getting replies anymore. They recently made it where you can only list items for 10 days and then you have to manually relist each one if you want which takes hours. I don't mind listing something in the begining but I don't want to spend hours relisting every 10 days for stuff that doesn't really sell.

I emailed asking about a bulk relisting option or something and have not gotten an answer.

More recently I bid on a rental and the person renting it already had one bad feedback so I messaged the seller beforehand asking if it was a legit listing. They replied yes it was so I bid and paid and put the money in escrow.

I message the seller with all my pool info and then I receive a message back saying I needed to pay for the listing. I messaged them back letting them know I did pay and the funds were safely in escrow. They then messaged me back to release the funds and I am unsure if they did not know what escrow was or they were trying to rip me off so I contacted cryptothrift to ask them to contact the seller to to let them know the funds were safe.

After about a day there was no response from cryptothrift and they never bothered to contact the seller to explain how things work so I just went ahead and requested a refund.

Now though after another day there is no contact and no refund from escrow.

I know I have read things in the past here were the owners said they are family men and are good guyss but don't have a lot of time but some things need to get handled more qquickly it seems. Not sure if they need to hire someone or what but as it is now I just want my BTC returned in a timely manner and I think the seller should be warned or banned from the site.

Didn't want to really post here and make it public but felt I didn't have any other choice since message have been going unanswered.

Listed below is the listing I won.

https://cryptothrift.com/auctions/mining-contracts/1-day-4-ths-mining-3/

MRBONG411

Activity: 639

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 02:46:17 PM

Cryptothrift came through and issued a refund for the auction and I guess placed the sellers account under review.

They also said they may be working on a bulk relist feature in the future.

I really like the idea of a bitcoin auction site and I hope cryptothrift will be around for quite some time.

coaex

Activity: 616
Merit: 503

@coaex - LBMA certified Gold & Silver

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 06:00:22 PM

We had requested account termination from Cryptothrift on 24.11.2014 due to their moderators' (cryptodude) hostile attitude and false accusations towards us. They haven't terminated our account yet. We are eagerly waiting for them to take proper action.
You can find details of this debate in our thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=420070.msg9641768#msg9641768
We believe that Cryptothrift should not be operated in cryptocoin industry or should hire more professional personnel to deal with their sellers.

Coaex Precious Metals - Cryptocoin Gold and Silver Bullion
kingscrown

Activity: 672

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2014, 10:37:13 PM

is this project dead? tried to contact the site in many ways [also here] but 0 replies.

nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2014, 11:02:29 PM

is this project dead? tried to contact the site in many ways [also here] but 0 replies.

Same. It seems like the owners have gone AWOL.

They usually come on IRC but when I go on, I cant find them.

dmatthewstewart

Activity: 439

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 12:13:50 AM

I havent been on the forum in a while and Im glad I stopped by. Otherwise I wouldnt have found this thread and the site. I agree with others that the community desperately needs a strong, well built, user-friendly auction and selling platform.

When I get some more time I am going to browse through and see if I can purchase something. I did notice a few of the prices were really good. For example, a Wolfenstein: The New Order download key for PS3 for $16! Unfortunately Im looking for it on PC but thats still an awesome price. Will post additional thoughts here after I fully use the site.

nelruk

Activity: 115
Merit: 11

Bitcoin is revolution

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 07:03:11 PM

The page is really cool, I just made an auction for my PS Vita.

When I finished, I'm going to write a review.

Bitcoin is revolution. Visit http://bitcoinlandia.net Smiley my personal blog about bitcoin in spanish
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: