Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:44:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Holding Gold at BitReserve, yes or no ?  (Read 1407 times)
dunchy (OP)

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 11:15:30 AM

Let's say I buy and hold 50BTC worth of gold at bitreserve.com .

Gold spikes over night 100% compared to BTC. How will bitreserve have 50BTC more to pay me morning after?

Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 01:11:46 PM

Gold spikes over night 100% compared to BTC. How will bitreserve have 50BTC more to pay me morning after?

Most people who own gold will tell you, if you don't have it in your hand, you don't own it.  I agree with that statement.
I would however assume that Bitreserve either buys the gold (unlikely) or buys GLD (more likely) with your bitcoins, otherwise there is no gold involved in the process!

Can you not ask them exactly how they invest in gold with your Bitcoin?
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 11:11:07 AM

You can buy Gold stock in the gold market and hold it, if you don't want to buy the physical gold and if the price of gold goes up, you will get whatever is the current price when you sell your gold stock.

But what I am talking about is registered Bullion Market stocks and is secured and you will get your money back when you sell your stocks.

Not sure if Bitreseve is same.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 11:27:42 AM

Most people who own gold will tell you, if you don't have it in your hand, you don't own it.  I agree with that statement.
I would however assume that Bitreserve either buys the gold (unlikely) or buys GLD (more likely) with your bitcoins, otherwise there is no gold involved in the process!

Can you not ask them exactly how they invest in gold with your Bitcoin?

They could also buy physically settled gold futures and sell them before expiration, though I don't see much difference (and any logic behind) between buying cash-settled gold futures and physically settled ones in this case but for being able to say that they do actually go physical...

bourseindia

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 08:44:46 AM

BUY GOLD APR. AT 26140 TGT 26190, 26240, 26290 SL 26050
BUY GOLD APR. CALL DID OUR FIRST TGT OF 26190
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 10:55:44 AM

they will buy it for you i presume, i don't see other way around
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 11:19:53 AM

The only answer I can see is that Bitreserve has his own portfolio and actively manage it betting that its managing is more profitable than its users' trading. Because otherwise it could incur in losses to solve your problem.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 07:46:20 PM

Gold isn't something which should be bought and sold online.
Gold is physical.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 03:11:13 AM

Gold is physical.

Agreed. If you aren't holding the actual gold, you don't really own it. Bit risky for my taste.
Undermood
Legendary

Activity: 950
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 08:44:24 AM

You can buy Gold stock in the gold market and hold it, if you don't want to buy the physical gold and if the price of gold goes up, you will get whatever is the current price when you sell your gold stock.

But what I am talking about is registered Bullion Market stocks and is secured and you will get your money back when you sell your stocks.

Not sure if Bitreseve is same.
It is more secure than investing or saving gold in Bitreseve. Or either way you can buy physical investing gold from the gold dealers and save in the vault. 

╓▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄╖,
         ,▄██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▄,
        ▄████▀▀░░        ░╙▀▓███▓,
      ,███╣▒▒▒░░╓╖╖╖╖╖╖,░░░▒▒╢▓▓▓[
     ╓▓██▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓╢▓▓▓▓
    ╖▒▓▓▓▓▓██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▓▓▓▓▒░,
   ╫▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒               "▓▓▓▓▓▓  ╟
  ▐▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓╖              ▓▓▓▓▓▓░  ]
 ,▓▓░░░░╙▓▓▓▓▓▄           ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓`░░ ▐▓▌
 ╟▓▓▌░░░ ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓         ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░╓▓▓▓
 ╟▓▓▓▓   ░`▓▓▓▓▓▓,      ╟▓▓▓▓▓╜░░░░╓▓▓▓▓
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓,░ ░ ▓▓▓▓▓▓╖   ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░╟▓▓▓▓▌
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓╖░   ╙▓▓▓▓▓▌ ╓██████▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓`
   ╙▓▓▓▓▓▌  ░░╙▓▓▓▓▓▓█████▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓  ░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓╢╣╢╢▓███▓█▀
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓@░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▄░▒▒░▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀▀
            ╙▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀`
InfinitusToken.io
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███

███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
   ███
⚑⚑ Read our Whitepaper
⚑⚑ Medium ⚑⚑ Telegram
[/ta
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2015, 09:24:19 AM
Last edit: March 29, 2015, 10:24:28 AM by deisik

Gold is physical.

People who say things like that seemingly don't quite understand how gold is bought. You can indeed go to a bullion bank and buy some gold ingots or coins there, but if you want to buy a million dollar worth of gold, it seems that the easiest way is to buy it online (and sell as well, for that matter) at an exchange (like Comex) and have it later delivered to your gold vault...

memai

Activity: 52

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 11:38:28 AM

No, I think so. Nothing is safety to hold your Gold there
bourseindia

Activity: 4

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 12:00:58 PM

MCX: SELL GOLD JUNE AT 26700 TGT
26650, 26600, 26550 SL 26780
SELL GOLD JUNE CALL DID OUR FINAL TGT OF 26550
Wardrick
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 07:16:24 AM

I'd never purchase vouchers for the gold/silver I buy unless it was physically impossible for me to store it in a safe manner anymore. I don't know why you would want to buy and store anything on any site like Bitreserve right now. Sell your Bitcoin and buy physical gold and if you're going to buy gold vouchers do it at an established business. The odds of you losing your Bitcoin are mathematically pretty high given there should be a 0% chance in the first place.
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 09:10:30 AM

I'd never purchase vouchers for the gold/silver I buy unless it was physically impossible for me to store it in a safe manner anymore. I don't know why you would want to buy and store anything on any site like Bitreserve right now. Sell your Bitcoin and buy physical gold and if you're going to buy gold vouchers do it at an established business. The odds of you losing your Bitcoin are mathematically pretty high given there should be a 0% chance in the first place.
I agree with you that if you don't have it in your hand, you don't own it, but for trading pursposes paper gold and silver are much much easier.
I had physical (lost it in a boating accident unfortunately) but when the price peaks, it is difficult to sell at a decent price without resorting to eBay, that will steal 10%, or untrusted buyers offline.

If you are trading, paper gold would be fine, for a long term investment physical is the only way to go.
Wardrick
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 05:33:15 PM

I agree with you that if you don't have it in your hand, you don't own it, but for trading pursposes paper gold and silver are much much easier.
I had physical (lost it in a boating accident unfortunately) but when the price peaks, it is difficult to sell at a decent price without resorting to eBay, that will steal 10%, or untrusted buyers offline.

If you are trading, paper gold would be fine, for a long term investment physical is the only way to go.

Yeah paper gold would definitely be more useful if you are looking to quick trading instead of a long term investment, but definitely not from a site like Bitreserve. There's to high of a chance that the site won't be able to fulfill the entirety of the voucher. Especially when you are getting into the amounts such as 50 BTC, if something goes wrong with their site as we've seen countless times before with other sites the odds of getting your Bitcoin back are very low.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: