Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:19:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking to buy a miner from TechnoBit.eu  (Read 555 times)
0bit (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 09:21:12 PM

This is a question to people who have had experience with buying things from technobit.eu. I want to make sure that the people I'm buying from will actually be able to deliver my miner in a timely fashion (I do live in North America, and I know they are based in Europe so shipping will probably take a while) and that miner I buy will actually come in working condition. So my question is, in your experience  is it a trustworthy website? I have seen lots of announcement threads for their miners on this forum, but I havn't seen many threads discussing as to whether the company is reputable or not. I'd like to be confident that the company is reputable before I buy anything from them.

P.S: I'm not sure if this is being posted in the right board or not. If there is another part of the website where this could be better answered please let me know.

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2016, 09:27:40 PM

I can't see anything in the last gen on their site, what were you looking to buy? They've had more than mixed results in 2015.

0bit (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 09:37:15 PM

I'm not (yet) too serious about Bitcoin mining, so I was looking at their TechnoBit DICE as a cheap miner to get. What kind of made me suspicious was the fact that I didn't see too many articles discussing the miner other than the announcement thread on this forum, and some of the requirements for the miner aren't listed on their website. For example, the type of power supply it requires isn't listed.
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1849

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 11:49:56 PM

I cannot in good conscience ever recommend someone buy a miner from Technobit. I don't know about other models' delivery reliability, but summer 2014 BlackArrow offered customers an option to convert X1 and X3 (which were by then months overdue) to ASICs instead of complete miners, and Technobit came back with a 4-chip board design which they offered to BlackArrow customers taking the chip conversion. I was supposed to receive two myself (via Minersource, whose reliability became fairly questionable around the same time) and about 40 for hosting customers; not a single one was ever delivered. I managed to get word out of Technobit about six months later stating that, for one of those customers, the miners had been shipped (only four months late) but had been lost by the carrier and Technobit was waiting for carrier insurance to get back to them before doing anything about it. The purchaser of these miners had not yet been told of this predicament, which leads me to believe it was an outright lie. My other hosting customer, I had no word at all why his machines disappeared. And I can name you others who spent upwards of $10,000 on Minion boards from Technobit without receiving a single one (or, at best, a handful of nonfunctional boards).

I have very little direct experience myself with Technobit (they did buy some cables off me once, and paid promptly, but that's certainly different than me purchasing from them) but most of what I gather from others about Technobit is they can't really be trusted to deliver more than about half the orders placed with them, and that not necessarily on time.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
J4bberwock

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 08:23:40 AM

This is a question to people who have had experience with buying things from technobit.eu. I want to make sure that the people I'm buying from will actually be able to deliver my miner in a timely fashion (I do live in North America, and I know they are based in Europe so shipping will probably take a while) and that miner I buy will actually come in working condition. So my question is, in your experience  is it a trustworthy website? I have seen lots of announcement threads for their miners on this forum, but I havn't seen many threads discussing as to whether the company is reputable or not. I'd like to be confident that the company is reputable before I buy anything from them.

P.S: I'm not sure if this is being posted in the right board or not. If there is another part of the website where this could be better answered please let me know.

Thanks

Don't buy anything from Technobit directly.
The site is up, you can even pay by bank transfer, but there is close to zero chance you'll receive anything.
If you want a small miner to see how it works and not loose too much money (maybe even recoup your investment), your best bet is to buy a compac made by sidehack and also manufactured in Europe (look in the group buy threads).

Second hand S3/S5 are overpriced (soon unprofitable for the S3), older gen are costing you money to run.

Even putting thousands or $/€ in antminers S7 or Avalon 6 won't allow you a much better chance of return on investment, and the initial money needed is over 1000$.

Custom Server PSU breakout boards, 1200w, 1300w, 2000w, 2880w https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=738527.0
Btc: 1J4bberWs6f6XVQ53gn3BNc8qHAicmm7wu
Ltc: LNDmMBtzD3cduwjfxANm2wDrxt9jXRk5ZP
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 11:50:23 PM

Thanks

Don't buy anything from Technobit directly.
The site is up, you can even pay by bank transfer, but there is close to zero chance you'll receive anything.
If you want a small miner to see how it works and not loose too much money (maybe even recoup your investment), your best bet is to buy a compac made by sidehack and also manufactured in Europe (look in the group buy threads).

Second hand S3/S5 are overpriced (soon unprofitable for the S3), older gen are costing you money to run.

Even putting thousands or $/€ in antminers S7 or Avalon 6 won't allow you a much better chance of return on investment, and the initial money needed is over 1000$.

+1000  Do not buy from Technobit,you will not get anything you order...ever!!!!  Wink

Here is the groupbuy section & threads mentioned by J4bberwock :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=137.0

And this is sidehacks sales thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1126705.0

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: