Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:33:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning about Ebay seller : mu5069evy  (Read 937 times)
thedreamer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 02:17:25 AM

Bought a few SP20's from him/she/it and one of them is defective.

Tried to ask seller about issues with Miner, explaining in exact detail how I tested the issue to make sure it wasn't anything on my end (Power supplies, power cable, voltages, etc..)

They said it was all my fault and I burned the unit out during my 'underclocking' testing trying to see why it was hanging up after a few hours.
I never ran the unit even at standard speeds. Tried a few higher voltages, but never even went as high as stock speeds. Always at 1200GH/s underclocked.

I do the same on my other 7 SP20's , know the system pretty well already and yet none of the others have
the same issue where it needs to be hard-booted once a day at least as it just loses internet or hangs up totally.
Temps are 3C in the room, 33-44C across all loops, running through EVGA 1300 G2's.

So anyways, he also sold a bunch of 'semi defective' SP20s in other ebay listings , so I'm guessing he sent me one and now is
playing the blame game.

Just word of caution if dealing with this particular seller : mu5069evy

Go Big or Go Home.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1709

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 02:39:46 AM

Just file a Paypal dispute and mail it back when Paypal directs you too. You will be out the return shipping fee.

Even if the item was fully functional and you actually did break it, Paypal will side you with anyways.

Reasons like this are why I never sell anything on eBay.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
thedreamer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 02:49:07 AM

Just file a Paypal dispute and mail it back when Paypal directs you too. You will be out the return shipping fee.

Even if the item was fully functional and you actually did break it, Paypal will side you with anyways.

Yeah I'll probably do that. Not a fan of returning anything. Just now I have to deal with packing up, shipping off, paying for the shipping and then wait for weeks to get the money refunded by ebay if I get it. Ugh.

Go Big or Go Home.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:21:07 AM

Will Spoondolies do an RMA Huh It may still be under warranty  Wink

Not sure if you have to be the original purchaser...........

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 04:31:41 AM

Yeah I'll probably do that. Not a fan of returning anything. Just now I have to deal with packing up, shipping off, paying for the shipping and then wait for weeks to get the money refunded by ebay if I get it. Ugh.

Double check ebay policies, the seller pays the return shipping if you request a return, it is exceedingly unlikely you would not be refunded...

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
https://www.bitworks.io
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 04:51:08 AM

Double check ebay policies, the seller pays the return shipping if you request a return, it is exceedingly unlikely you would not be refunded...

As long as it's not as described the seller chances are pays shipping.  If it's pretty much any other reason you pay.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1709

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 05:20:11 AM

As long as it's not as described the seller chances are pays shipping.  If it's pretty much any other reason you pay.

Are you sure? I assumed the buyer is always at risk of paying the shipping even if not described.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 05:38:43 AM

Are you sure? I assumed the buyer is always at risk of paying the shipping even if not described.

I thought so aswell until i read it: http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/return-item.html
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: