Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:49:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dark Side of the Moon  (Read 971 times)
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 07:47:53 AM

I've tried to visualize the dark side of the Moon and this is what I'm getting. I see a giant skull face, the moon appears to be an artificial construct. Inside the eye sockets are terawatt stereoscopic imaging radar transmitters. The Moon need only turn and cast its gaze upon us should we anger it.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3083

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2015, 08:12:13 AM

I've tried to visualize the dark side of the Moon and this is what I'm getting. I see a giant skull face, the moon appears to be an artificial construct. Inside the eye sockets are terawatt stereoscopic imaging radar transmitters. The Moon need only turn and cast its gaze upon us should we anger it.

Do you realize how much energy would be required to start rotation of the moon, then stop it after 180 degrees?  Where would that energy come from?

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2015, 08:15:19 AM

I imagine space Nazi's.

(oYo)

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2015, 08:34:09 AM

Our moon is the Death Star, only it's been there for so long, the side facing us is all covered with dust and no-one has bothered to clean it.  Wink

The other side looks like this.

bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 05:24:46 PM

Do you realize how much energy would be required to start rotation of the moon, then stop it after 180 degrees?  Where would that energy come from?
I'm sure the question will be either answered sarcastically or ignored. You probably would need a nuclear explosion to turn it, but you'd also risk pushing it out of orbit so it won't ever be done.

███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2015, 05:31:26 PM

Do you realize how much energy would be required to start rotation of the moon, then stop it after 180 degrees?  Where would that energy come from?
I'm sure the question will be either answered sarcastically or ignored. You probably would need a nuclear explosion to turn it, but you'd also risk pushing it out of orbit so it won't ever be done.

Even a 100 megaton of TNT explosion would not be enough, not even close.
Its a whole different scale of energy required to something like that.

I have not calculated the number, but if you said 1000000 nukes, then would it be more realistic.

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 05:48:47 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2015, 03:53:09 AM by notbatman

Do you realize how much energy would be required to start rotation of the moon, then stop it after 180 degrees?  Where would that energy come from?

The Moon rotates on its axis every 27.322 days, having it turn 180 degrees would only be a matter of de-synchronizing it temporarily. Tesla has been famously quoted as saying he could move the earth if he could wrap a wire around it.
stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 06:56:25 PM

Our moon is the Death Star, only it's been there for so long, the side facing us is all covered with dust and no-one has bothered to clean itWink

The other side looks like this.

Man, the groundskeeper needs to be fired!  Cool

Decksperiment

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 07:01:28 PM

When the Sun is gold and Black,
and you wanna scream and shout,
cause decksperiment's playing the Dark side of the Moon..

Now that can be freaky when your already dis-orientated due to crowd consumption, lol..
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 07:59:21 PM

"I've tried to visualize the dark side of Earth, but all I kept seeing is more cats."
ChiliPowder

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 10:25:01 PM

Im pretty sure there are Transformers over there.
nsimmons

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 06:32:28 PM

FYI, rough math assuming solid moon.

71701720.8413 Megatons to stop rotation, considering the largest explosion ever was about 50MT, we'd need 1.5 million of those.

assume the moon is solid, workout the moment of inertia and kinetic energy.

TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 06:43:15 PM

71701720.8413 Megatons to stop rotation, considering the largest explosion ever was about 50MT, we'd need 1.5 million of those.

Sound reasonable.

Side note: It is true what nsimmons state, that the largest human made explosion ever was about 50MT, the Tsar Bomba. However it is a 3-stage hydrogen bomb, 100MT, but was scaled down to 50% for the test explosion.

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
nsimmons

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 06:46:03 PM

Sound reasonable.

Side note: It is true what nsimmons state, that the largest human made explosion ever was about 50MT, the Tsar Bomba. However it is a 3-stage hydrogen bomb, 100MT, but was scaled down to 50% for the test explosion.

You ever see the newer time machine movie? Where in the future they used nukes to excavated on the moon and split it in half. This is what i think would happen.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: