Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:06:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Multiple Online Bitcoin Wallets Using Copay  (Read 996 times)
wslh (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 12:28:20 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2015, 01:33:10 PM by wslh

Hi,

We just published a blog post about using Copay on a server to host multiple wallets and have them updated. This is useful if you like to implement multiple online wallets hosted on a server like BitGo. The github fork is here. The current version supports only 1-1 wallets but soon we will update the project to support multi-signature wallets and communicating them using the Insight mailbox plugin. Currently, every Copay wallet establishes a connection to the Insight server so it's difficult to scale if you have all the wallets in a server.

Hope it helps,
wslh

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 02:51:18 PM

I am beta tester of Copay iOS wallet. I really like the GUI and all but IMHO you should remove registering an account.

My rating: 80/100. Can increase if you add more technical features. Smiley

wslh (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 04:26:08 PM

I am beta tester of Copay iOS wallet. I really like the GUI and all but IMHO you should remove registering an account.

My rating: 80/100. Can increase if you add more technical features. Smiley

The point of this code modification is to run Copay on a server and handle wallets there. If you try to do this only with Copay the solution will not scale because the number of connections to the Insight server depend on the number of wallets being used.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: