Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:59:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Some of you programmers should create a Bitcoin simulation.  (Read 1027 times)
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 03:16:03 PM

I barely know how to use my phone let alone code so don't waste time saying why don't you do it, but what about this suggestion to breed new uptake of Bitcoin.

Imagine people can click on a link on FB or whatever to see for themselves how easy it is to make a payment with Bitcoin. Basically recreate a fake visual Bitcoin wallet site that anyone can click around and get help tips and then guides you to make a payment to Mr X. Maybe do it like game apps do these days by guiding you to click buttons etc.  The whole point would be demystifying bitcoin to people and giving everyone that 'why didn't I use this earlier' lightbulb on moment of sending Bitcoin to someone even if that someone is a fake Miley Cryrus account.

If it's a decent educational visual and fun site then it could link off to download real wallets etc and you could get paid by Bitcoin tips (of course). I think we are in the stage where many people hear about Bitcoin but never use it, similar to the early days of the internet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CrackedLogic
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 03:21:32 PM

Should it mimic bitcoin exactly? Such as with confirmation times, current mining difficulty and such? It's possible. Post around in the project development section. It will definitely happen.

An educational App should be released to aid with the use of bitcoin. It should be something like a small virtual ecosystem comprising of pools,exchanges and maybe even faucets.

Shocked BUY GAMESWITHBTCITCOINFORDISCOUNTEDPRICES Shocked
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 03:26:25 PM

Should it mimic bitcoin exactly? Such as with confirmation times, current mining difficulty and such? It's possible. Post around in the project development section. It will definitely happen.

I was thinking a more cartoonish version of a wallet, no need for miner crap etc. Just some visual interactive wallet that allows you to cut and paste an address from a fake celebrity list on one side maybe, you input and then it can give a fun visual portrayal of your coin flying like magic fairy money dust around the globe, haha.

I guess many of the videos of abitcoin are well done, just adding that interactivity and educational element that shows an average Joe how easy it is to send to somone. I thinking simple colourful, visual with humor, maybe mocking how much hassle banking online is in comparison.  Cheesy
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 03:29:08 PM

Would be better to make a real live app and run it on Testnet..

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
juju

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 03:33:26 PM

I actually wanted to do something like this I even got a web-domain for it, time is just the enemy always.
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 03:36:03 PM

Maybe but what might seem completely simple and logical might seem like Advanced Algebra to them. Of course people need to use the real thing at some point but I see this as a way to give people the satisfaction of making and seeing how they could make a payment without extra unessecary stuff. I personally use multibit wallet which is easy as hell but it still had a lot going on when I first saw it that made me wonder if I was doing something wrong.

Plus I was thinking more colourful and educational that anyone barely interested could click around on and quickly see what Bitcoin is. Many people lets not forget hear the word Bitcoin and have no friken idea what that means. Give people the simple eureka moment of easily sending an amount to a chosen fake profile and ai think you are 50% done in making a new Bitcoin convert.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 04:12:16 PM

I was thinking a more cartoonish version of a wallet, no need for miner crap etc. Just some visual interactive wallet that allows you to cut and paste an address from a fake celebrity list on one side maybe, you input and then it can give a fun visual portrayal of your coin flying like magic fairy money dust around the globe, haha.

I guess many of the videos of abitcoin are well done, just adding that interactivity and educational element that shows an average Joe how easy it is to send to somone. I thinking simple colourful, visual with humor, maybe mocking how much hassle banking online is in comparison.  Cheesy

if you can make it more like a game, "farmville" style it would attract more facebook people for sure, they love those thing  Cheesy
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 05:44:51 PM

It must have some power in shaping opinions especially in the area of kids education games cause guess how's doing a load of it?

https://www.federalreserveeducation.org/resources/topics/games-9to12

It feels kind of sick and twisted like a Pedofile being in charge of a Kindergarten.
Nowi

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 08:01:26 AM

What about downloaded game or application, it must be smart and easy for non-technicall users like my or parrents of most users here are cause that is one of the finished group.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: