Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:49:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Account UNIBTC hacked/stolen  (Read 1685 times)
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2300

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 03:24:29 AM

Hi,
Thanks for making this thread because I had no idea this account was hacked. Someone sold this to me and I've been using it lately just on and off in the community and planned on joining a sig campaign later on.
I am happy to give you the account back but im out .1BTC as that's how much I paid for this account.
I know I am probably scammed but I guess this is my fault for not doing research on the account and my seller :/

What I wonder though is why you just claimed it stolen but I've had possession for nearly a week?Huh

Contact me and we can work out how to get this back in your possession. Hopefully we can sort this out Smiley

Best regards
Who did you buy the account for?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 07:43:25 AM

It is the same story of itsmylife aka Tle88 (here the topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=987563.0). Why people don't ask signed message? In these days are happened a lot of these situation. @OP if you can post a signed message here with also the date, thanks (or maybe it is better to contact theymos if the actual owner will not help you).
unibtc

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 08:56:57 AM

It is the same story of itsmylife aka Tle88 (here the topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=987563.0). Why people don't ask signed message? In these days are happened a lot of these situation. @OP if you can post a signed message here with also the date, thanks (or maybe it is better to contact theymos if the actual owner will not help you).

Hi
I am not trying to chest anyone i told owner to contact me so I can help him out.
I am not a criminal I bought this account I was also scammed :/
Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 09:33:29 AM

Hi
I am not trying to chest anyone i told owner to contact me so I can help him out.

Buying accounts is very risky, even if barely tolerated as per forum rules. Also when dealing in accounts trade you should follow not only this guidelines but also asking the account seller to prove legit ownership of such account by signing a message (including current date) using a Bitcoin address or PGP key associated with the account (refs. here & there).

IF You think you were scammed, You should open a thead - using this report format - in the Scam accusations board. Remember to leave appropriate feedback to him.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
unibtc

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 10:40:56 AM

Hi

Buying accounts is very risky, even if barely tolerated as per forum rules. Also when dealing in accounts trade you should follow not only this guidelines but also asking the account seller to prove legit ownership of such account by signing a message (including current date) using a Bitcoin address or PGP key associated with the account (refs. here & there).

IF You think you were scammed, You should open a thead - using this report format - in the Scam accusations board. Remember to leave appropriate feedback to him.

No you guys are misunderstanding me
I think the guy who sold it to me hacked this account and then sold it to me.
Idk his forum handle all I know is his skype ID since he added me on skype after I started a thread on another forum

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 10:48:09 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2015, 11:08:11 AM by redsn0w

Hi

Idk his forum handle all I know is his skype ID since he added me on skype after I started a thread on another forum

Then you should asked a signed message to the seller before buy the account. Now (as Grand_Voyageur) said : if you think you were scammed then it is better to open a scam accusation in the properly section with all the information. These buying/selling of account is really risky and one day someone will be "screwed-up".
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 12:15:08 PM

Hi

You should share all the information you have about him. Otherwise you're just protecting the scammer (or intentionally hiding the truth).
And you're evading the question: why didn't you ask for a signed message? Or what excuse did he give?

unibtcwashacked (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 09:02:19 PM

Hello there..  Thanks for coming forward. Im not saying im gonna believe you or not.. I have provided all signed messages on previous replies and that proves im the first and original owner of the account.. Now, like you said you bought it from someone, true or not, im not gonna buy something that is actually mine.. Im not gonna force you ti give it back to me, but if you do i would greatly appreciate it.. If not then the account will be useless with ita negative feedbacks.. But like i said on previous post, im moving on, wether i get it back or not..
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: