Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:00:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Original FUD] What if you are required to own >= 0.04 BTC, or be sacrificed...  (Read 717 times)
Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 10:37:07 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2015, 12:59:00 AM by Bit_Happy

The Georgia Guidestones is a granite monument erected in 1980 in Elbert County, Georgia, in the United States. A set of ten guidelines is inscribed on the structure in eight modern languages. The very first guideline is:
Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.

Stating this fact is not a "conspiracy theory", since the granite and the words are quite real.
FYI: "In June 1979, an unknown person or persons under the pseudonym R. C. Christian hired Elberton Granite Finishing Company to build the structure..." (source = Wikipedia)

1) The world is already "totally insane" compared to ~15 or 25 years ago.
2) What if Bitcoin distribution will eventually be used to determine who lives and dies?
3) It's a "Brave New World" are you with us or against us?
4) What if you are required to own >= 0.04 BTC, or be sacrificed for the greater good?

ps. This is for entertainment purposes only, getting mad at me will not do any good...  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 10:48:39 PM

The world is changing now, as it was then. Completely natural, if a little intimidating.
2) What if Bitcoin distribution will eventually be used to determine who lives and dies?
It won't be.
Only a Sith deals in absolutes, so I'm against you.
4) What if you are required to own >= 0.04 BTC, or be sacrificed for the greater good?
What if winged cyborg dolphins from the future start flying out of your ass?

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
commandrix

Activity: 798

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 10:58:05 PM

1) I would say the world is not so much "insane" as we're reaching a point where the human species will either expand or die.
2) If everybody's life depends on earning as much Bitcoin as possible, I would say that Warren Buffet is doomed.
3) You should only issue an ultimatum if you are prepared to live with the results. To quote LOTR's Treebeard, "I am on no one's side, for no one is on my side."
4) No problem for me. I have about 0.82 Bitcoin sitting in my wallet right this second.
digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1072

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 10:59:42 PM

What if winged cyborg dolphins from the future start flying out of your ass?

/rename thread

ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 11:13:00 PM

The Georgia Guidestones is a granite monument erected in 1980 in Elbert County, Georgia, in the United States. A set of ten guidelines is inscribed on the structure in eight modern languages. The very first guideline is:

Stating this fact is not a "conspiracy theory", since the granite and the words are quite real.
FYI: "In June 1979, an unknown person or persons under the pseudonym R. C. Christian hired Elberton Granite Finishing Company to build the structure..." (source = Wikipedia)

ps. This is for entertainment purposes only, getting mad at me will not do any good...  Grin

How did u come from this :

"Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
Guide reproduction wisely — improving fitness and diversity.
Unite humanity with a living new language.
Rule passion — faith — tradition — and all things with tempered reason.
Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
Balance personal rights with social duties.
Prize truth — beauty — love — seeking harmony with the infinite.
Be not a cancer on the earth — Leave room for nature — Leave room for nature."

to your post
?

The world indeed is totally insane.
Anyways, the 0,04 btc requirement to live would be nothing different to what we have today, since your life depends on one thing; do you have money to buy food or not,
but with mesurement in bitcoins, atlest there are no bankster leeches draining satoshis from your wallet.

cheers
Beliathon

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 11:27:34 PM

Anyways, the 0,04 btc requirement to live would be nothing different to what we have today, since your life depends on one thing; do you have money to buy food or not,
but with mesurement in bitcoins
Yep, that's hardly a change at all. Same world, different freedom tickets. Who has the freedom tickets and who doesn't?

No thanks, all humans deserve a chance to live and to be happy.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 11:41:26 PM

There is a website that espouses a much, much better way of saving the planet than feeding people who all have an equal right to live through a mincer - http://www.the-incredible-shrinking-man.net/

Its theory is that humans should be reduced in size to 50cm. There will be some rather major infrastructure problems to overcome but I'm all for it. You go first.
Beliathon

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2015, 12:06:23 AM

There is a website that espouses a much, much better way of saving the planet than feeding people who all have an equal right to live through a mincer - http://www.the-incredible-shrinking-man.net/

Its theory is that humans should be reduced in size to 50cm.
Sure beats the current Impossible Hamster model the capitalist economists are using.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 12:08:37 AM

Sure beats the current Impossible Hamster model the capitalist economists are using.

Shee-yit. I didn't realise they were so potentially dangerous. It's a good job mother nature keeps them in check.
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 12:18:11 AM

ps. This is for entertainment purposes only, getting mad at me will not do any good...  Grin

Wow, I have to hope that although I have more than 0.04BTC to my name and I can prove with with a signed message, that the world never comes to this.  Also, despite being one who is allowed to live in your nightmare scenario, I have to hope that I'd be one fighting against this reality or at least harboring some othewise condemned people.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: