Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:46:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HZ/NXT: assetparser.py >40 columns per asset | shareholders.py inner circle PM  (Read 7529 times)
altsheets (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 902
Merit: 1001

Free trial of #AltFolio = save time, react faster

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 07:54:02 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2015, 08:06:51 PM by altsheets

shareholders.py "inner circle PM"
This brand new tool is interesting for every Asset issuer: Connect better with your shareholders - send an encrypted message with a personalized password to a closed web area.
A new tool to reach out to my 17 shareholders, to celebrate the 1 month birthday of AAssetHZ. See the program output, or homepage

assetparser.py
Make sure you have all the available information  before  you invest into an asset.

preview 2015 March 21st:

I am parsing the HZ & NXT blockchains to find out more about all traded assets.

• The above is just a preview. There are more columns, and rows.
  • And similiar information for Nxt - where I could find out more (because of the newer API)!

I can sell you the full information, or even the python script that generates the information.

Contact me with your offer.

And/Or:
N.B.: Put this under my "GiveBack-license v02" --> http://altsheets.ddns.net/give = feel free to donate

IMPORTANT ADDENDUM: Automatically generated data, with no human intervention, censoring, etc. What is on the blockchain, got reported. Do not perceive as recommendations to buy or to sell, etc. - Always do your own research before you buy anything. A BLACKLIST (#22) was suggested - but even that will not be able to always protect you.

AltFolio = Altcoin Portfolio solution || AAsset = crowdfunding, dividends paying = profit sharing Assets on NXT || Newbium great new platform || AssetGraphs = novel GUI to assets & shareholders (won nxthacks2015!) || ABEE = Block Explorer Extension for ETH clones, live on SOIL || Advice = Consulting || assetparser.py and shareholders.py - tools for NXT/HZ asset buyers & issuers || bamm.py || PeerCrawler || PGP || Texts || Github e.g. ChainCountDown, ethjsre |||| /give/ GiveBackLicense /give/ |||| Looking for an affordable crypto advertisement service with adspaces on crypto-attractive websites, contact me, thx.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
altsheets (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 08:02:36 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2015, 08:31:41 PM by altsheets

assetparser.py
Make sure you have all the available information  before  you invest into an asset.

column explanations

Sum of Trades (HZ)sum (price*amount) over all those trades = total HZ volume since asset was born.total volume of all HZ asset trades is ~1/8 billion HZ
Sum of Trades (#assets)sum (amount) over all trades.
weighted mean price (HZ/asset)traded HZ total / traded assets total number = mean price
(with large trades counting more than small trades).
Oldest pricefirst ever recorded price (i.e. could be the IPO price).
Newest pricelast ever recorded price (this is close to what you have to pay per asset now).
MaxPrice / oldestPriceMaximum factor of what initial buyer could have gained
(if he had sold at the price maximum = luckiest).
oldestPrice / MinPriceMaximum factor of what an initial buyer could have lost
(if he had sold at the price minimum = unluckiest).
Sum of Trades, BTC approx.(*)Assuming constant 0.00000120 BTC/HZ
(which is a pretty good assumption over the whole time, but definitely not correct).
total volume of all HZ asset trades is ~150 BTC
Sum of Trades, USD approx.(*)Assuming constant 300 USD/BTC
(which is a pretty good assumption over the whole time, but definitely not correct).
total volume of all HZ asset trades more than 40,000 US-$

AltFolio = Altcoin Portfolio solution || AAsset = crowdfunding, dividends paying = profit sharing Assets on NXT || Newbium great new platform || AssetGraphs = novel GUI to assets & shareholders (won nxthacks2015!) || ABEE = Block Explorer Extension for ETH clones, live on SOIL || Advice = Consulting || assetparser.py and shareholders.py - tools for NXT/HZ asset buyers & issuers || bamm.py || PeerCrawler || PGP || Texts || Github e.g. ChainCountDown, ethjsre |||| /give/ GiveBackLicense /give/ |||| Looking for an affordable crypto advertisement service with adspaces on crypto-attractive websites, contact me, thx.
altsheets (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 09:39:19 PM

retweet please: https://twitter.com/altsheets/status/579393281290829824 Thx ;-)

altsheets (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 09:53:03 PM

for sharing on facebook

- picture of full resolution - preview table : https://www.facebook.com/altsheets/posts/1562574097331485

- picture of tweet: https://www.facebook.com/altsheets/posts/1562573010664927

altsheets (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2015, 08:02:01 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2015, 08:38:14 PM by altsheets

My prg is ~ready. Very proud ;-) Logging output ...

Code:

[09:34:46.368]  nhz:
[09:34:46.368]  API-downloading all assets
[09:34:47.444]  API-downloading all assets: 107 assets. DONE.
[09:34:47.444]  pickling 'getAllAssets' API results to file, for later reuse
[09:34:47.460]  pickling 'getAllAssets' API results to file, for later reuse: DONE.
[09:34:47.460]  API-Downloading trades (async)
[09:34:48.709]  API-Downloading trades (async): 72 threads finished. DONE.
[09:34:48.709]  From 72 assets with trades, a total of 1997 trades downloaded.
[09:34:48.709]  extracting all txIds from trades
[09:34:48.709]  extracting all txIds from trades: 1997 trades with 916 unique orders. DONE.
[09:34:48.709]  API-Downloading 916 askOrder transactions (async)
[09:34:51.642]  API-Downloading 916 askOrder transactions (async): 916 threads finished. DONE.
[09:34:51.642]  extracting sellers of trades from askOrder transactions
[09:34:51.642]  extracting sellers of trades from askOrder transactions: 1997 trades. DONE.
[09:34:51.642]  API downloading accounts of all asset issuers
[09:34:52.891]  API downloading accounts of all asset issuers: 107 threads. DONE.
[09:34:52.954]  printing to file (nhz-assets_20150323-213452.csv) by redirecting stdout.
[09:34:52.954]  printing to file (nhz-assets_20150323-213452.csv) by redirecting stdout. Stdout redirected back. DONE.

Code:

[09:34:53.063]  nxt:
[09:34:53.063]  API-downloading all assets
[09:34:58.013]  API-downloading all assets: 488 assets. DONE.
[09:34:58.013]  pickling 'getAllAssets' API results to file, for later reuse
[09:34:58.075]  pickling 'getAllAssets' API results to file, for later reuse: DONE.
[09:34:58.075]  API-Downloading trades (async)
[09:35:02.436]  API-Downloading trades (async): 339 threads finished. DONE.
[09:35:02.436]  From 339 assets with trades, a total of 86399 trades downloaded.
[09:35:02.436]  API downloading accounts of all asset issuers
[09:35:04.546]  API downloading accounts of all asset issuers: 488 threads. DONE.
[09:35:06.645]  printing to file (nxt-assets_20150323-213506.csv) by redirecting stdout.
[09:35:06.645]  printing to file (nxt-assets_20150323-213506.csv) by redirecting stdout. Stdout redirected back. DONE.

Code:
[09:35:06.895]  ready. DONE.

Yiehah!

Anyone interested in seeing some of the data?

autodiv

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 08:11:19 PM

Nice job. Keep up the great work!

altsheets (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2015, 08:36:38 PM

Thanks  Wink

28 columns:
6 informative columns already given in the asset data
12 by cleverly parsing the connected objects (assets, trades, orders/transactions, issuer accounts)
10 by again combining the connected & combined data

mind808crime

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 04:56:20 AM

Thanks  Wink

28 columns:
6 informative columns already given in the asset data
12 by cleverly parsing the connected objects (assets, trades, orders/transactions, issuer accounts)
10 by again combining the connected & combined data

when's liftoff?
altsheets (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 09:02:39 PM

when's liftoff?
Soon. Very soon.

By the way, there is some preliminary comparative statistics of the different asset platforms (XCP, MSC, bitshares ...) in my other thread:
With data from CAC cryptoassetcharts.info and from CMC coinmarketcap.com. Then I analyzed descriptions and numeric properties of HZ assets.

And here, in this assetparser.py thread ... soon there will be more analysis. Stay tuned.

altsheets (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 01:43:11 AM

Sliced tables,
inspected data,
made tough decisions,
created statistics,
wrote 6 pages (!) of essay. Wow ...

... what a day!

Wink

HZ assets overview
An early study of the -still young- HoriZon asset market.

Part 1: Introduction
Part 2: Selection process
Part 3: Statistics.
Part 4: Conclusions.

altsheets (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 01:30:01 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2015, 01:54:02 AM by altsheets

The last mystery of my nerd adventure trek
into the belly of the HZ blockchain API ...

EXTRACTS ONLY, READ THE FULL STORY HERE(question) AND HERE(answer).

Solved!

... The background story is easy to tell:
I wrote an assetparser.py to prepare my own assetlaunch
- by studying at the other assets.
Analyzing the output, I stumbled over a strange data artifact:
The "real marketcap" (definition of that new observable is in my soon-to-be-published study)
... of one of the HZ assets ... became zero!

How is that possible, as the asset had already been traded?  
So I dug deeper, and asked around in many places. nxtforum, here, slack.

On the basis of the easily available data, there was no sufficient explanation: ...

However, the necessary data for checking my suspicion was a bit tricky to get, because ...
So tonight I created this Workaround for getAssetTransfers&asset= ...

... So the final picture is this now:

So:  The issuer has  [ CLICK HERE TO READ THE WHOLE STORY ]
Who would have thought that?

Wink

altsheets (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 02:04:49 AM

https://twitter.com/altsheets/status/581270222348398592

altsheets (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2015, 01:36:56 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2015, 08:50:50 AM by altsheets

I made it into the news, yiehah!

Nxt News Weekly = http://paper.li/NxtCrypto/1393244031 --> scroll down 2 pages

Please retweet this

altsheets (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 10:07:13 AM

I would like to know which assets in the NXT and NXT-derived currencies already and presently pay dividends. Any experiences and recommendations?
That is a VERY good question, and I would love to integrate that into my assetparser.py
when I find the time (sponsoring/monetization ideas would accelerate it).

If dividend payments can be spotted on the blockchain API, it should be possible to somehow implement it.

My first hope that dividends are a specific type/subtype message,
was just disappointed - for HZ i.e. Nxt 1.2.9 = nope (link to localwallet),
but YIEHAH:
In Nxt 1.4.16, there is a type/subtype (type: 2 = "Colored coins" , subtypes: 6 = "Dividend payment" - link to Nxt-localwallet)

So this is how I understand it:
  • old dividends won't be able to be found
    (because subtypes: 6 was introduced only recently)
  • newer dividends which still use (type: 0  = "Ordinary payment")- payments ... won't be able to be found
  • newer dividends which use (type: 2, subtype: 6) should actually be identifiable.

Very good idea / inspiration. Thanks Hubus!
Unanswered now, but possibly answerable in the future!

Wink

--- --- --- ---

crosspost from my "how to buy assets on horizon - the complete process, explained for newbies" thread. So that it won't get forgotten to be implemented one day  Wink

altsheets (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 10:20:41 AM

That is a VERY good question, and I would love to integrate that into my assetparser.py
when I find the time (sponsoring/monetization ideas would accelerate it). If dividend payments can be spotted on the blockchain API, it should be possible to somehow implement it. Very good idea / inspiration.
Thanks Hubus!
Welcome - it's in our all interest...! Maybe you could integrate a voluntary user report/feedback into your software: Users report about their asset, if and how much dividends it pays. You could control it manually afterwards or find some way to automate or let it be confirmed by the other users (like "up- and downvoting")...
That good idea sounds very much like a good candidate for the "trusted assets" section on the main site.

assetparser.py however -at this stage of its evolution-
will stay a blockchain API data eating machinery,
with no "soft data" from users entering.
What is on the blockchain, and confirmed, has an objectivity to it
that no "user reporting about their asset" will ever be beat
;-)

I think, assets should simply use the subtype 6 form of dividends payments, and all is cool, then a future version of assetparser.py will be spotting them. For Nxt it is possible, for HZ still future music. I am actually wondering what happens, if someone created a subtype 6 coloured coins transaction, and tries to input that into the current HZ3.8 - is that possible at all, or would it get refused, could it be found on the blockchain afterwards?  But anyways: from what I hear, the next major upgrade of the HZ base code is not too far away - and then it is solved, for future dividends, anyways.

Thanks for your ideas! More more more ;-)

--- --- --- ---

moved from my "how to buy assets on horizon - the complete process, explained for newbies" thread to here.

altsheets (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 10:36:44 AM

Yes, sites like that are helping Nxt and Nxt users a lot,
let's hope that something similar is built for HZ soonish!

Actually, a static/snapshot overview of existing assets,
and over 20 observables to compare them well ...
... I am targetting in my assetparser.py project.

It is a script which eats all it can find (actually, which I teach it to digest)
about assets in the HZ/Nxt API, and mangles it into descriptive statistics,
to be analyzed in a 107x27 cells big (for HZ) or 488x28 cells big (for Nxt)
spreadsheet.

I have already written 6 pages report about my methods and findings,
and will publish that soonish. Still, I don't know how to monetize it
- so I am reluctant to just release it for free. Any idea is welcome.

It's another way of looking at what is there, and
can perhaps also be used to choose what to invest in.

Any questions, I am happy to answer.

----

crosspost from "newbies how to buy HZ assets" thread

altsheets (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 01:27:24 PM

solved: HZ --> BTC --> USD

A future version of assetparser.py will be able to have proper fiat conversion for each trade.

Yiehah!

History:

Grin

Hubus

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 01:30:58 PM

Still, I don't know how to monetize it

Isn't that part of your altsheets/altfolio software family asset? Or did you just mean the price of the particular software (so it's not one package which includes all?)?
altsheets (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 04:30:10 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2015, 04:56:59 PM by altsheets

I see. I need to explain this better.
Perhaps I need to make a diagram how all these things connect with each other?

BTW: Also check out my "GiveBack-license v02" --> http://altsheets.ddns.net/give

... in a 107x27 cells big (for HZ) or 488x28 cells big (for Nxt) spreadsheet.
and will publish that soonish. Still, I don't know how to monetize it.

Isn't that part of your altsheets/altfolio software family asset?

Yes, it is part of it. So the profits from it will partly shared as dividends to AAssetHZ holders !

The question now is - How to generate those profits? Both
* the 107x27 cells and 488x28 cells big tables (of the current snapshot of HZ and Nxt) can be paid for by someone who really wants to know well what is going on in the HZ & Nxt asset markets. And
* the assetparser.py code can be paid for, either for personal use (cheaper), or public use (more expensive), or exclusive use (let's discuss a deal).
* my study (already 6 pages) in which I describe my methods, and findings - can be paid for.

Or did you just mean the price of the particular software (so it's not one package which includes all?)?

What I mean is explainable
by what I do not want to do:
If I now released the whole study and spreadsheet-tables and sourcecode for free ...

• then the reader may be happy to learn more about HZ asset markets, and the HZ platform might even be boosted, because more assets are bought, other asset owners benefit because their asset gets exposure, etc ...
  • but if no one sends any donations afterwards - which is what often happened to me - ...
  • ... then neither I am getting anything for my work,
  • nor my investors will get dividends.

So that's why:

Let us think how to monetize this. Any idea is welcome.

liliwang

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 05:00:13 PM

I see. I need to explain this better.
Perhaps I need to make a diagram how all these things connect with each other?

BTW: Also check out my "GiveBack-license v02" --> http://altsheets.ddns.net/give

... in a 107x27 cells big (for HZ) or 488x28 cells big (for Nxt) spreadsheet.
and will publish that soonish. Still, I don't know how to monetize it.

Isn't that part of your altsheets/altfolio software family asset?

Yes, it is part of it. So the profits from it will partly shared as dividends to AAssetHZ holders !

The question now is - How to generate those profits? Both
* the 107x27 cells and 488x28 cells big tables (of the current snapshot of HZ and Nxt) can be paid for by someone who really wants to know well what is going on in the HZ & Nxt asset markets. And
* the assetparser.py code can be paid for, either for personal use (cheaper), or public use (more expensive), or exclusive use (let's discuss a deal).
* my study (already 6 pages) in which I describe my methods, and findings - can be paid for.

Or did you just mean the price of the particular software (so it's not one package which includes all?)?

What I mean is explainable
by what I do not want to do:
If I now released the whole study and spreadsheet-tables and sourcecode for free ...

• then the reader may be happy to learn more about HZ asset markets, and the HZ platform might even be boosted, because more assets are bought, other asset owners benefit because their asset gets exposure, etc ...
  • but if no one sends any donations afterwards - which is what often happened to me - ...
  • ... then neither I am getting anything for my work,
  • nor my investors will get dividends.

So that's why:

Let us think how to monetize this. Any idea is welcome.

mebbe u can have ipo?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: