Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:56:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Can you modify the payment sum after reading some QR code ?
Yes, it's easy to do - 0 (0%)
Yes - 0 (0%)
No, only the amount in that code can be sent - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a support for tips in your PDA wallet ?  (Read 861 times)
[Tycho] (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2012, 02:04:36 PM

Let's imagine that you are paying for your dinner in bitcoins.
I know that there are different wallets with QR-code support, but how easy it is to add tips with the wallet you are using on your PDA/smartphone ?

Would it be better if there will be some easy button like "Add 2% to the sum" or something like it ?

Welcome to my bitcoin mining pool: https://deepbit.net - Both payment schemes (including PPS), instant payout, no invalid blocks !
ICBIT Trading platform : USD/BTC futures trading, Bitcoin difficulty futures (NEW!). Third year in bitcoin business.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mike Hearn
Legendary
expert

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1128

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 06:24:20 PM

Yes, it's easy, and Andreas has mentioned before that he wants to implement this in the Android Bitcoin Wallet app. A + button next to the amount set to your preferred size of tip seemed to be his preferred UI.

Last time I talked to him the holdup was that the "send money" screen was already full of widgets. Once bitcoinj supports proper automatic fee calculations that UI can be simplified (the fee amount would go away or be hidden behind a menu), leaving space for a tipping UI.

Of course it doesn't always make sense. I think it might be better if tip buttons only appear if the sender hints that they may be appropriate. A restaurant/bar could just add a &tip=10% on the end for a suggested amount (in percent or absolute values) and then the sender could choose to go with that or change it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: