Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PayPal?  (Read 980 times)
gringo1990 (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 05:28:18 AM

If I sell a item over paypal and they try to chargeback after I've already put money in my account...BUT I already called my bank and told them to stop any kind of payment to paypal...so they can't take anything out of my account, but I'm able to still withdrawal into my account...Am I in the clear? what will happen here? anyone know? opinions?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AltcoinInvestor

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 06:02:29 AM

if you can proove that you actually send the item, then you're clear.

if the item is bitcoin then you're screwed.
gringo1990 (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 06:56:38 AM

But they'll have no way to charge my bank though since I blocked it...what will happen?
AltcoinInvestor

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 07:23:27 AM

But they'll have no way to charge my bank though since I blocked it...what will happen?

Do they have an office in your country?

If yes then you need to check your country's laws about "virtual currency".

For instance Paypal has office in Turkey and they're counted like bank and yes they've right to ask for money back from Turkish users.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 09:12:11 AM

well they can un-block it, if there is some problem with the law, if you deal in bitcoin, your blocking isn't worth something at all
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 02:06:56 PM

If I sell a item over paypal and they try to chargeback after I've already put money in my account...BUT I already called my bank and told them to stop any kind of payment to paypal...so they can't take anything out of my account, but I'm able to still withdrawal into my account...Am I in the clear? what will happen here? anyone know? opinions?

Which country are you in? Paypal have right to hold your money or even freeze your bank account when needed in most countries.

If you sold Bitcoin, your money is gone when buyer open dispute for buyer protection. That's how Paypal work for crypto-currencies. If your Paypal balance is 0 then they charge it from your bank account, your bank can't stop them.
gringo1990 (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 07:58:47 PM

Well I just had another guy that send payment by gift/friends/family and he reversed today after 3 days of already withdrawn started to bank and it says completed but it was started on a friday...Will the cash goto my bank account or??
shogdite

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

LIR Dev. www.letitride.io

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 08:05:44 PM

If the payment has already cleared to your bank account, your Paypal balance could go negative and that will prevent you from any further buying / selling / withdrawing money etc. If you don't clear balance after a few weeks they'll contact a debt collection agency in your country and you'll more than likely get a knock on the door. Similar thing happened to me, ended up having to pay the debt collecters the amount + service charges.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
gringo1990 (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 10:03:05 PM

Its already in the negative...I've been reading a lot about it and it says if a debt collector calls all you gotta say is your harassing me I will call the police. They are legally obligated to show you how and why you owe a certain amount.
Mudd

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 03:00:47 PM

Its already in the negative...I've been reading a lot about it and it says if a debt collector calls all you gotta say is your harassing me I will call the police. They are legally obligated to show you how and why you owe a certain amount.

I don't think they can legally take money out of your bank account. From my experience your balance will just go into the red. They will send you letters out eventually to try get you to pay but if you don't the only way they can attempt to get that money back from you is by taking you to court which they probably wont do. They just send the letters out to try scare you into paying it which usually works for most people.
saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 06:00:15 PM

they can't do shit except disable your paypal account

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: