Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:04:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Woke up this morning...Blamed VOD  (Read 3663 times)
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 2347

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 11:04:33 PM

To ban a contributing member like BlindMayorBitcorn for basically nothing,  and to allow the rampant trollfest from NLC&sockpuppets, is in my opinion completely insane, makes no sense whatsoever, and is really really backwards.

If you guys care about this forum, reinstating newbie jail, would be a better move than banning BlindMayorBitcorn for a +1 or whatever.

I have been in touch with the admins regarding this in the past.

Also the constant references to pedophilia seem to be ok? complete overt racism is ok, spamming the thread for months and months on end is ok... but a +1 or a short post is not?

Someone needs to pull their head out of their arse imho.

400 billion times this ^

The problem is that he is not wearing a paid sig ad, so for the staff his post are all substantial and he is not trying to boost his post count.

*NLC

Odd logic this..

It is not my logix, but (I think) the forum team's logic. They will ban only who is wearing a sig add and post insubstantial message here at bitcointalk.org . However, NLC is a troll and "be a troll" isn't against the forum rules, isn't it (correct me).
I don't think he was trying to boost his post count. I think he is regarded within the community as being someone that meaningfully contributes when he posts (I say this because carra23 is someone that tends to reject most people that apply to his campaigns and also, based on a number of reports, tends to actively ask people if they want to join based on Huh criteria - I would assume that it is based on post quality), and as a result was actively asked to join a paid signature deal, which he agreed to (this is after a very long history of not wearing a paid signature). After he joined, his posting habits did not appear to change, and consisted of a lost of pictures poking fun of the subject at hand along with generally short posts.

I would say that based on the fact that he had a history of not wearing a paid signature, was actively asked to participate in the paid signature deal (assuming this can be substantiated), and the fact that he has made 58 out of the 60 required posts to receive payment in only 5 days (but has 30 days to finish) would mean that he would probably not fall under the category as a "signature spammer" and a 'paid sig + insubstantial posts' ban is probably not in order.
BlatchMajorBitstaff

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 01:42:05 AM

@Quickseller

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/54499941.jpg
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 2347

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 01:43:24 AM

@Quickseller

LOL. I obviously do not have any authority to unban you however that is my point of view.
Carra23
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Need a campaign manager? PM me

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 12:58:40 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2015, 01:24:46 PM by Carra23

I would like to mention here that OP was in my earlier campaign, and tends to post a lot. The requirement for that campaign was 100 posts/month but he went several times over it. If you see his posts he is genuinely having a fun chat, and while this might be considered considered spam by some, I would tell all those to lighten up.

Signature spam is a big problem, but if anyone is after the OP that is a waste of time IMHO. If anything I hope that he is unbanned because otherwise we are getting too serious.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2015, 04:27:07 PM

I would like to mention here that OP was in my earlier campaign, and tends to post a lot. The requirement for that campaign was 100 posts/month but he went several times over it. If you see his posts he is genuinely having a fun chat, and while this might be considered considered spam by some, I would tell all those to lighten up.

Signature spam is a big problem, but if anyone is after the OP that is a waste of time IMHO. If anything I hope that he is unbanned because otherwise we are getting too serious.

His posts are quite good compared to what I usually come across. It's quite unfortunate when the wrong people get banned. As previously stated some are in signature campaigns and freely doing over 40 posts a day, which are much worse than OP.
How come that nobody from staff had any input so far in the thread?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2015, 04:39:43 PM

=snip=

Staffs have made many posts earlier. I don't think they need to repeat everytime. If you read what SaltySpitoon and BadBear said, you will understand it is hard to know who is "really" spamming. I think this ban isn't long, so it is better to wait for the expiration.

BlatchMajorBitstaff

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 01:12:34 AM

@LaudaM and Carra23

Gracias amigos!

=snip=

Staffs have made many posts earlier. I don't think they need to repeat everytime. If you read what SaltySpitoon and BadBear said, you will understand it is hard to know who is "really" spamming. I think this ban isn't long, so it is better to wait for the expiration.

@Muhammed Zakir

If I must wait, I must dance the dance of the banished.

BEHOLD!

http://staging.itibitiventuresi.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/08/GIF-Dancing-carefree-dance-Family-Guy-feel-free-feeling-free-funny-idgaf-Peter-Griffin-GIF.gif

PS. Blame Vod. I do!
BitcoinDistributor

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 02:32:12 AM

Woke up this morning...feeling like P Diddy
(Hey, what up girl?)
Grab my glasses, I'm out the door, I'm gonna hit the city
(Let's go)
Before I leave, brush my teeth with a bottle of Jack
'Cause when I leave for the night, I ain't coming back

Read more: Kesha - Tick Tock Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Good song OP.

I'm a lover not a hater. I'm a scam buster misunderstood. However, this forum is full of haters which is why you see my trust. They can't handle my success so they try to stop me...BUT NO ONE STOPS MY SUCCESS! ....Find Quickseller annoying? Click the "ignore" button below his name! You're welcome!
BlatchMajorBitstaff

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 11:24:07 PM

Woke up this morning...feeling like P Diddy
(Hey, what up girl?)
Grab my glasses, I'm out the door, I'm gonna hit the city
(Let's go)
Before I leave, brush my teeth with a bottle of Jack
'Cause when I leave for the night, I ain't coming back

Read more: Kesha - Tick Tock Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Good song OP.

I was thinking something more along the lines of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlRY8X2OCog

But anything that gets the community up and dancing the banishment dance is great. Just great
BlatchMajorBitstaff

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 12:32:42 AM

Banishment log: Day 7

It's been difficult. I hope to see you all on the outside soon. TBH I don't know what I will do differently this time around. I hope to get myself a place and a job soon, become a contributing member of society. Maybe even find myself a nice girl and settle down on an acre of land somewhere with a mule.

I can almost smell the freedom already Cool
Somekindabitcoin

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 12:34:40 AM

Welp, if it were bumps for pages he has, it wouldn't make sense.

I can say that I once made a moderated thread and reserved like 3 spots. Two of them got deleted and it was for future announcements. . .

EDIT: Didn't even notice this thread was 3 pages long (take into account my Blindness as ironic : )
BlatchMajorBitstaff

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 12:42:09 AM

I can say that I once made a moderated thread and reserved like 3 spots. Two of them got deleted and it was for future announcements. . .

EDIT: Didn't even notice this thread was 3 pages long (take into account my Blindness as ironic : )

I'm considered spam now. It's a well known fact that my posts are almost totally insubstantial at the best of times and that anything I say ought to be disregarded and deleted as soon as possible. Pay more attention! Angry

Somekindabitcoin

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 01:19:22 AM

I'm considered spam now. It's a well known fact that my posts are almost totally insubstantial at the best of times and that anything I say ought to be disregarded and deleted as soon as possible. Pay more attention! Angry

So how long is your account banned for?
BlatchMajorBitstaff

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 01:29:29 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2015, 01:54:58 AM by BlatchMajorBitstaff

So how long is your account banned for?

Until tomorrow I guess. And it couldn't come a moment too soon. I feel like a pair of ragged claws, scuttling across floors of silent seas. Bro Embarrassed It's been hard.
BlindMayorBitcorn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 02:39:50 AM

I'm back and have seen the error of my ways. Remember kids:

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 02:41:51 AM

LOL...

Fuck a booblicking vod!

Grin

It's because of him that I'll never love again.

Blame vod!
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 02:51:26 AM

LOL...

Fuck a booblicking vod!

Grin

It's because of him that I'll never love again.

Blame vod!

Bob! Everybody knows that the dice were loaded...Because of Vod.

Ohh shitttt.. you're still around?? Its been a minute since I seen you man. But yeah, for sure it was him loading the dice... I personally seen it with my two eyes. He was behind the barn chilling with the donkey loading the dice in his favor.

Full disclosure: As soon as I seen him loading the dice I ran up to him and we struck a deal to cut me in on the profits in lieu of me making an upfront payment to him.

#GoGetter #MoneyStacker #MoveMaker #BreadBaker
BlindMayorBitcorn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 03:03:11 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2015, 04:53:40 AM by BlindMayorBitcorn

The forum gave me a week to think about all the things I had done. But since it was all Vod's fault, I think they should have rightly banished him. In any case, better to lose a saddle than lose a horse. I'm a better man for it.

This is something of substance, just in case: https://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/lets-talk-bitcoin-136-the-head-or-the-horse-1

I'd also like to call attention to the fact that I've removed the sig. I post too much to be a billboard. I get that.

@RedSn0w

You object to my posts? Anything in particular Huh

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 04:47:40 AM

The forum gave me a week to think about all the things I had done. But since it was all Vod's fault, I think they should have rightly banished him. In any case, better to lose a saddle than lose a horse. I'm a better man for it.

This is something of substance, just in case: https://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/lets-talk-bitcoin-136-the-head-or-the-horse-1

I'd also like to call attention to the fact that I've removed the sig. I post too much to be a billboard. I get that.

I don't think the sig. As was the real problem and if you will continue to post in the same way I'm sure you will have another problem (of this type). Thus was just my personal opinion, but maybe in wrong.
BlindMayorBitcorn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 08:26:04 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2015, 09:14:24 PM by BlindMayorBitcorn

Made it through the weekend without being banished? Winning!

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: