Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:33:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cant send coins to an address  (Read 1347 times)
Airmax95OG (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 11:19:20 AM

For an unknown reason to me I cannot send my bitcoins to a chosen address, each time I go to do it I type in the required details and click send. It comes up to the error {u'message': u'64: dust', u'code': -26} Can someone please help me!
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1072

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 11:24:53 AM

My guess is that you got all your BTC from faucets or other such "free" ways and it is all just "dust" (meaning you have a bunch of very low BTC "inputs" that basically can't be spent).

You are going to have to lose a fair % of your BTC in order to rescue some of it to become usable or wait for a very long time to spend that "dust".

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
justinetime

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 11:30:21 AM

does your wallet contain many addresses and each address has dust balance ?,
even though you could send a payment, you must pay bigger fee because your transaction contains a big data.
Airmax95OG (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 11:37:20 AM

I haven't got any coins which I received for free, however I did only try to send 0.001 of a bitcoin to the chosen address could that be the case and I just have to send a greater amount?
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 11:53:25 AM

You have your fee set correctly?

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

Airmax95OG (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 12:00:03 PM

I assume I don't considering that each time I went to try to send coins it came up with a message saying there would be a transaction fee of 0.113 btc. I don't know how to set my fee either.
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 12:05:53 PM

I assume I don't considering that each time I went to try to send coins it came up with a message saying there would be a transaction fee of 0.113 btc. I don't know how to set my fee either.

If it is suggesting a tx fee that large then *you must be trying to spend dust* so let's rewind and you tell us "how did you get your BTC" (if it wasn't faucets is it tiny mining payouts)?

Airmax95OG (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 12:08:53 PM

I purchased my btc through local bitcoins with a cash deposit at a bank. I only decided to transfer over 0.002 btc to my electrum wallet just to see if it would work successfully.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 4505

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 12:20:53 PM

It would be a lot easier for us to understand what's going on if you would provide the address where you currently have the bitcoins.
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1468

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 01:31:22 PM

I purchased my btc through local bitcoins with a cash deposit at a bank. I only decided to transfer over 0.002 btc to my electrum wallet just to see if it would work successfully.

Are you having this issue when creating the transaction or when broadcasting it? You can enable "Show transaction before broadcast" on preferences. If you manage to create the TX post it here if you can share it. If you can't reach that point sharing the address at least would help.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 06:07:06 PM

It would be a lot easier for us to understand what's going on if you would provide the address where you currently have the bitcoins.

A link to blockchain or anything would help to show us.

With what we know so far it sounds like a bunch of small transactions are in address.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2015, 06:55:00 PM

Please be careful while providing your address with founds to other members.

The best solution is to use different addresses for different transactions.

DannyHamiltion should not ask you about your address - I know that he asked for a reason to check is your account full of dust or not, but anyway you should not share your main address. Better to keep it private.

Best regards.
defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 06:58:19 PM

DannyHamiltion should not ask you about your address.

Best regards.
there's strickly no problem to give a public adress to anybody...
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 4505

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 07:01:37 PM

Best regards.

I suspect that roslinpl is just angry at me for adding him to my public ignore list.

(He has sent me a few PMs about it and posted in my thread complaining about it).
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2015, 07:09:38 PM

Best regards.

There is a reason.
And it's the same reason as for using HD wallets where amount of your total founds is really hard to track by anyone because you are using  different addresses for different transactions.

Best regards.

PS.

I suspect that roslinpl is just angry at me for adding him to my public ignore list.

(He has sent me a few PMs about it and posted in my thread complaining about it).

Yes I am mad about it. You are telling people in your thread to add me and others to their ignore list. This is a trolling attempt. I don't like it indeed - you are 100% right. I am angry.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: