Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:59:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We have been entertained and educated  (Read 1812 times)
cafucafucafu (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 11:14:20 PM

If Bitcoin goes on to fail (which is very very unlikely) we can still say that we were entertained and educated.

So many memorable things have occurred in the world of Bitcoin. I am not an early adopter like some of you so I don't know what you found most exciting in the early days - however for me the most entertaining thing was the whole Dorian fiasco. So many other exciting things can be spoken about. Being a bitcoiner is like watching and taking part in a long movie.

The knowledge that I have gained has also been very valuable. I now have a MUCH better understanding of the financial system and related matters.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 11:44:06 PM

Dont even consider the option of bitcoin failing, because if that happens; true we will have a lot of new experience, but think of all the surrounding businesses around
bitcoin that have emerged; how would it be comforting to have experience but watch all this fade away? No , bitcoin must not fail, there would be no replacement good enough after.

A lot of informations are gathered during these few years, atleast i can say that from my side, but i want it to go on, because there is clearly a grat void in the financial system that needs to be patched up.
Lets be entertained in the future too, and not write bitcoin off just because the price isnt where we want it to be. To me the price is more or less irrelevant.

cheers
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 11:47:02 PM

If Bitcoin goes on to fail (which is very very unlikely) we can still say that we were entertained and educated.

So many memorable things have occurred in the world of Bitcoin. I am not an early adopter like some of you so I don't know what you found most exciting in the early days - however for me the most entertaining thing was the whole Dorian fiasco. So many other exciting things can be spoken about. Being a bitcoiner is like watching and taking part in a long movie.

The knowledge that I have gained has also been very valuable. I now have a MUCH better understanding of the financial system and related matters.

the whole Dorian fiasco...?
I no longer "communicate with Bitcoins", so I am not able to address Mr. Dorian Satoshi's amazing drama.  Cheesy

R2D221

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 11:57:21 PM

If the Internet fails, we can still say that we were entertained and educated, and then go on with our Internetless lives (which would be effectively impossible).

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 12:02:45 AM

If Bitcoin goes on to fail ...

... I buy gold.

education = done.

Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 12:09:25 AM

If the Internet fails, we can still say that we were entertained and educated, and then go on with our Internetless lives (which would be effectively impossible).

Without internet, i can use horse ... finally.

asuryan180

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 12:10:37 AM

Dont even consider the option of bitcoin failing, because if that happens; true we will have a lot of new experience, but think of all the surrounding businesses around
bitcoin that have emerged; how would it be comforting to have experience but watch all this fade away? No , bitcoin must not fail, there would be no replacement good enough after.

A lot of informations are gathered during these few years, atleast i can say that from my side, but i want it to go on, because there is clearly a grat void in the financial system that needs to be patched up.
Lets be entertained in the future too, and not write bitcoin off just because the price isnt where we want it to be. To me the price is more or less irrelevant.

cheers

That is some good points there are to many businesses within crypto now to just let it fade away with a oh well it was good while it lasted, we have a very good chance here to brake away from the bankers control this won't be let to fade away/

Last year and this has been eye opening and i can't wait to learn more i won't even entertain the thought that bitcoin can or will fail because it won't it has only just begun and most will agree i am sure.

Like your point there above i think/feel the same for awhile i kept looking at the price wanting it to rise but that is not going to help and plus when you right the invested money totally of in the name of a better financial life the price does indeed become irrelevant and you end up with much more time to spend on what you actually enjoy not worry about.

Long live Bitcoin  Cheesy

koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 12:16:16 AM

I don't think Bitcoin is/will be a failure. Even if they aren't worth a fortune, there will always be an application and use for them.

But I have to agree that it has been an educational experience and certainly an entertaining and at times profitable endeavor.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 12:58:41 AM

It is kind of a soap opera on steroids.

cafucafucafu (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 01:01:41 AM

Everyone, please don't focus on what I said about failure. I already think bitcoin is a success. The point of the thread is to show that we benefited in more ways than one.

Bitcoin becoming a global powerhouse is inevitable. It's a train that wont stop.

cafucafucafu (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 01:02:23 AM

It is kind of a soap opera on steroids.

Exactly. But educational too.

calme

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 01:47:50 AM

whoa, what we have here is an educational soap opera on steroids then. women love soap operas and steroids, so it might be good to mention those when telling girls about btc
R2D221

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 02:58:45 AM

Women love steroids? I think you got that wrong.

Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2015, 03:05:28 AM

It is kind of a soap opera on steroids acid.
FTFY

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2015, 03:09:13 AM

Bitcoin and its blockchain technology will transform the way humans exchange value for eternity ... on this planet and beyond.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 04:15:37 AM

It's the greatest show on Earth for me at least. Even if it expires, it's still going to be an enormous footnote in history. It's a pisser that so many people have been burnt in the story so far but I've learnt a vast amount from it all.
calme

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 04:19:09 AM

are you taking it literally, or are you saying they don't like the outcomes of steroids? b/c not all juicer guys look like arnold
Mr.K

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 04:37:20 AM

have it,enjoy it...
R2D221

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 04:52:28 AM

are you taking it literally, or are you saying they don't like the outcomes of steroids? b/c not all juicer guys look like arnold

The outcome of steroids is reduced genitalia. Do people really love that?

However, we're going off topic here.

R2D221

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 04:55:22 AM

The reason I don't like “If Bitcoin fails” threads is that they start with a pessimistic (and at this point, unlikely) point. The tendency is for technology to evolve, even if it's slowly.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: