Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:52:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New payment processors coming to market.  (Read 4825 times)
Anonymous

October 05, 2010, 11:01:43 AM
Last edit: October 19, 2010, 03:22:28 AM by noagendamarket

Rather than trying to get the large established payment processors such as paypal to accept bitcoin we should focus on ones that are coming to market as they might accept bitcoin in order to get more customers.

Here is one I discovered is in pre release called paybox -http://www.paybox.me/r/bitcoinmedia

Link fixed for smoketoomuch.

Here is another one for your watchlist - SelfBank https://www.selfbankmobile.com/index.php
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nelisky
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 05, 2010, 11:23:17 AM

Rather than trying to get the large established payment processors such as paypal to accept bitcoin we should focus on ones that are coming to market as they might accept bitcoin in order to get more customers.

Here is one I discovered is in pre release called paybox - http://bit.ly/cLiagE

Hmm, why does this look like a scam to get you to fill surveys and they get paid for it? I mean, $50 for anyone + $5 a day + $5 per referrel *but* the $ does not mean dollar, it is just a virtual representation of nothing. Sure, bitcoins are nothing too, but these guys do specify you can't exchange these for anything, nor will you be able to anytime soon. Also, they have web developers on call if something is messy with the site, but no code developer to help if the internal transfer is not working? wtf? Are they not in development?
Anonymous

October 05, 2010, 11:49:59 AM

Hmm, why does this look like a scam to get you to fill surveys and they get paid for it? I mean, $50 for anyone + $5 a day + $5 per referrel *but* the $ does not mean dollar, it is just a virtual representation of nothing. Sure, bitcoins are nothing too, but these guys do specify you can't exchange these for anything, nor will you be able to anytime soon. Also, they have web developers on call if something is messy with the site, but no code developer to help if the internal transfer is not working? wtf? Are they not in development?

I think its because they are in pre launch and testing mode. I thought it might be good to contact developers of new products before they came to the market.
nelisky
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 05, 2010, 12:05:58 PM

I think its because they are in pre launch and testing mode. I thought it might be good to contact developers of new products before they came to the market.

I fully understand that, I know what it means to be in pre launch mode, but I'm just collecting the pieces... why the surveys to keep the account active? And more to the point, why only webdevelopers are available for feedback from early birds? Just makes no sense to me, really, but I'm a known and registered paranoid, guess I could be searching for something to complain about.
idev

Activity: 859
Merit: 1004

BTC OG and designer of the BitcoinMarket.com logo

View Profile
October 05, 2010, 12:23:54 PM

I fully understand that, I know what it means to be in pre launch mode, but I'm just collecting the pieces... why the surveys to keep the account active? And more to the point, why only webdevelopers are available for feedback from early birds? Just makes no sense to me, really, but I'm a known and registered paranoid, guess I could be searching for something to complain about.

The surveys are applicable to paybox developments and are intended for paybox users to give their ideas, suggestions and feedback about paybox services. You don't have to complete any surveys if you don't want to but you will still earn, they are paying you to be active on the site and to login each day and to refer other to earn. So far the developments are going good they have very informative road map which discloses the latest developments and updates associated paybox and they also send out regular updates of their latest features integrated into their platform. Paybox have now implemented member to member transfers into their system so now all earlybird users are able to transfer funds to one and another. Paybox will roll out more features over the coming weeks and months.
Anonymous

October 05, 2010, 12:31:55 PM

Here is one I discovered is in pre release called paybox
I registered and filled in one of their surveys. When I got to the question that said "Did you make any payments using a payment system such as PayPal?" I was looking forward to ticking the "other" box and linking to Bitcoin.

Unfortunately, the only option it gave me at that point was yes/no.

There should be a suggestion survey there for suggested features. Just fill out you want them to accept bitcoin as a payment method.
SmokeTooMuch
Legendary

Activity: 860
Merit: 1021

View Profile
October 05, 2010, 12:37:44 PM

Why don't you tell us about your referral link behind that bit.ly ? ...

Date Registered: 2009-12-10 | I'm using GPG, pm me for my public key. | Bitcoin on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc
idev

View Profile
October 05, 2010, 12:41:08 PM

Here is one I discovered is in pre release called paybox
I registered and filled in one of their surveys. When I got to the question that said "Did you make any payments using a payment system such as PayPal?" I was looking forward to ticking the "other" box and linking to Bitcoin.

Unfortunately, the only option it gave me at that point was yes/no.

There should be a suggestion survey there for suggested features. Just fill out you want them to accept bitcoin as a payment method.

Already done my friend  Wink

Why don't you tell us about your referral link behind that bit.ly ? ...

You can use mine if you like  Wink http://www.paybox.me/r/ivest
SmokeTooMuch
Legendary

Activity: 860
Merit: 1021

View Profile
October 05, 2010, 01:56:18 PM

No, I would have clicked it anyway and I don't have a problem with using someone's referal link if he or she is the person that showed me the thing, but hiding a referal link triggers a feel of "bad intention" in me..

Just be open and honest, like bitcoin is Tongue

Date Registered: 2009-12-10 | I'm using GPG, pm me for my public key. | Bitcoin on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc
Anonymous

October 06, 2010, 07:36:05 AM

No, I would have clicked it anyway and I don't have a problem with using someone's referal link if he or she is the person that showed me the thing, but hiding a referal link triggers a feel of "bad intention" in me..

Just be open and honest, like bitcoin is Tongue

My apologies.I fixed it for you. Some people dont like affiliate links on their forum.
skull88

Activity: 683
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2010, 03:10:56 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2010, 03:22:54 PM by skull88

It is actually just a way of advertising, if they want to compete with services like paypall, moneybookers,etc. they need active users, they get new users with the referral bonuses and by paying them a small amount to be active (that's why you got to login minimal 1 time every 2 days). They than can convince companys to accept paybox as an payment method with statistics of a large active usersbase.

The surveys are usefull for the further development of paybox.
So instead of paying an extern advertising and research bureau, they pay the users. It seems a lot that they pay, but if they would pay for traditional advertising and an extern firm to get those survey results they probably would pay more for an active user and the surveyresults.

And it's not a bad idea of noagendamarket, convincing new company's like this one to accept bitcoin will be alot easier than something like paypall. And if in the worst case scenario it is a scam or they won't accept bitcoins, we didn't lose anything. If they do accept bitcoins we can only profit from it (and we even got some bucks to put in the bc economy if we change the $ for btc Cheesy)

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp
BitLex

Activity: 532
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 08, 2010, 04:00:09 PM

i fully agree to the topic, but paybox.me looks scammy to me.
my account will be inactive pretty quick, i guess,  Cheesy
i'd even delete it right now, but i couldnt find an option todo so.

skull88

View Profile
October 08, 2010, 04:52:02 PM

Can you sent me your 50$ then, just in case it isn't a scam  Tongue
Username there is the same as the one I have here  Cheesy

idev

View Profile
October 08, 2010, 05:22:07 PM

How much you made so far?
BitLex

View Profile
October 08, 2010, 06:24:20 PM

if that's already possible, i would.
but i doubt that, else i'm just gonna create a few hundreds of accounts.  Cheesy

update:
done, good luck

skull88

View Profile
October 08, 2010, 06:29:19 PM

How much you made so far?
Made $62.07 and sended $1 as a test so at the moment I have $61.07.

If they stick with the planning I can (hopefully) convert those to btc next year in December.  Tongue
Stage 10
Target Timeframe: December 5, 2011 - January 9, 2012
Launch PayBox currency exchange, allowing for open exchange with all major world currencies. This will enable users to convert their PayBox account balance (or any portion thereof) to any major world currency for withdrawal, or convert back for deposit.

BitLex

View Profile
October 08, 2010, 06:36:24 PM

aah, now i got it, it's not USD, its PBD.  Wink
anyway, i sent you my 50whatever$ and 2.21 i "earned" today.

skull88

View Profile
October 08, 2010, 06:40:13 PM

if that's already possible, i would.
but i doubt that, else i'm just gonna create a few hundreds of accounts.  Cheesy

update:
done, good luck
Received it, sended you a btc donation, so at least 1 person earned something with it Tongue

skull88

View Profile
October 08, 2010, 06:43:51 PM

All account balances are held in PayBox currency. PayBox maintains a currency that is autonomous and independent of all nations and governments. The PayBox currency is denominated in dollars and cents (similar to the currency of the United States and over 20 other countries). The PayBox currency is currently in a closed system, and cannot be exchanged or spent. Before long we plan to open our currency to be spent and exchanged just as you can with any other currency. Our plans include person-to-person transactions (via the Internet and over cell phone text messages), integration with merchants and shopping cart systems, debit card transactions (through an issued debit card linked to your account), and more. The value of our currency is estimated to be close to that of the U.S. dollar. As is the case with any currency, once the PayBox currency becomes openly exchangeable, its value as weighted against other world currencies can and will fluctuate due to forces beyond our control.

yup, they're worthless  Tongue

Anonymous

October 09, 2010, 12:20:49 AM

I'll send my balance of 50 Paybox dollars to anyone who wants it in exchange for 50 bitcoins.

lol any takers?

http://www.paybox.me/blog/ things seem to be coming along and they might be having a prize contest?

In truth the more competition there is for paypal the better for consumers. Keep submitting answers to their surveys with bitcoin mentions!

This survey is the one where you can mention bitcoin
 The Perfect Online Payment Processor http://www.paybox.me/opinion-surveys.php?id=00005

They also have a job section in case you are looking-
http://www.paybox.me/jobs-employment.php?id=j0004

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: