Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:44:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $10,000+ is perfectly possible in a post-ETF era  (Read 2545 times)
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 10:40:29 AM

I think bitcoin reaching 10000$ in price ain't possible on post ETF era maybe it will be possible years from now not after ETF has been approved. I agree with the others though that there will be a slight correction when ETF is rejected so for those who want to buy bitcoin wait for it there is a chance that ETF will be rejected. As a bitcoin user though, I really hope that ETF will be approved for it's price to rise more.

My dear!
Have you read the opening post closely?!
He explicitly wrote that the $10k won't happen over night!
This is a process which will take several years. And in that case I totally agree with that opinion. In 5-10 years, when probably 1 or 2 ETfs will exist, and 2020 after the next halving, and Bitcoin being seen more and more legitimate and serious over the years by big investors...5 figures can become reality without a doubt.

In terms of your last sentence. I don't think it's the right time for an ETF now.Way too early.Bitcoin needs be more mature.
But it will happen.Just a question of time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Deanero

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 11:05:14 AM

I think bitcoin reaching 10000$ in price ain't possible on post ETF era maybe it will be possible years from now not after ETF has been approved. I agree with the others though that there will be a slight correction when ETF is rejected so for those who want to buy bitcoin wait for it there is a chance that ETF will be rejected. As a bitcoin user though, I really hope that ETF will be approved for it's price to rise more.

My dear!
Have you read the opening post closely?!
He explicitly wrote that the $10k won't happen over night!
This is a process which will take several years. And in that case I totally agree with that opinion. In 5-10 years, when probably 1 or 2 ETfs will exist, and 2020 after the next halving, and Bitcoin being seen more and more legitimate and serious over the years by big investors...5 figures can become reality without a doubt.

In terms of your last sentence. I don't think it's the right time for an ETF now.Way too early.Bitcoin needs be more mature.
But it will happen.Just a question of time.

Agreed, its too early for an ETF, BTC needs to get a few things ironed out first, like its scaling issues. Once Segwit is implemented, it would be a good time to introduce Bitcoin to the rest of the world.

talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 11:52:59 AM

i disagree with when you are putting it like this.
the $10,000+ price is still possible without ETF and with it. the only change that it can have for bitcoin is a very small more publicity and then that may lead to more people investing in bitcoin directly by going to one of the exchanges like coinbase and buying bitcoin to hold.
if they go to bank as you said and buy coin shares it won't change anything for bitcoin, its adoption and the price of it.

and i disagree with saying "bitcoin shares for not tech non geeks" because these days opening a wallet and using bitcoin is as easy as opening a paypal account. check out coinbase if you don't believe me. and although i don't like it but it is a good option for any newbie.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████