Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:38:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: In Your OPINION, What is the best way to use BTC to net more BTC?  (Read 3884 times)
akiliholmes (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 10:04:22 PM

How can we use BTC to make more BTC for ourselves? What is the most efficient way to go about this in your opinion?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 10:07:41 PM

Trading alt coins works great, some of the time, to increase your BTC balance.
You need to know how to handle Bear markets; I did not say "buy and hold" alt coins.

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 10:17:28 PM

Like the saying in motorsports goes, "In order to make a small fortune in Bitcoin, start with a large one."

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
zzojar

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 10:31:04 PM

Open a bitcoin ATM.
blacksails

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 10:55:29 PM

Invest in ponzis!

Lol, jk! Cheesy
Trading alt-coins I'd say. Or just day trade bitcoins.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 12:29:50 AM

How can we use BTC to make more BTC for ourselves? What is the most efficient way to go about this in your opinion?

Simply being a bitcoin early adopter/innovator is already a rare and powerful investment opportunity that
is open to anyone right now.

It is not necessary to try to generate "more BTC".  Instead, simply buy some coins
and hold onto them for 5 years, and see what happens. 

Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 1560

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 12:55:43 AM

You need to know how to handle Bear markets; I did not say "buy and hold" alt coins.

Why did dogecoin go up again? It was at 99 a while back and now it's 120+. The darn thing's inflationary and still goes up in price.

dogechode

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 01:03:34 AM

Why did dogecoin go up again? It was at 99 a while back and now it's 120+. The darn thing's inflationary and still goes up in price.

It has been dying for weeks/months now so honestly going back "up" to 120 isn't really an increase. It was 300 not all that long ago and has just slowly slid down since then.... There will be a few attempts at rallies here and there but ultimately I think it's going to keep going down. And I'm a doge holder.
ninza

Activity: 53

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 03:58:44 AM

It has been dying for weeks/months now so honestly going back "up" to 120 isn't really an increase. It was 300 not all that long ago and has just slowly slid down since then.... There will be a few attempts at rallies here and there but ultimately I think it's going to keep going down. And I'm a doge holder.

says the chode
Pente

Activity: 528
Merit: 527

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 04:23:54 AM

Get a laser printer, print up some paper wallets:

https://bitcoinpaperwallet.com/bitcoinpaperwallet/generate-wallet.html

you can go with themes:

https://bitcoinpaperwallet.com/bitcoinpaperwallet/generate-wallet.html?design=holiday
https://bitcoinpaperwallet.com/bitcoinpaperwallet/generate-wallet.html?design=chinese-new-year

or/and do some altcoins that you can buy through cryptsy.com

http://dogecoinpaperwallet.net/

Throw a few satoshis on them.

Now that the IRS has ruled that cryptocurrencies are not currency, you don't need a license to sell these to friends, family, at farmer's market, and other places that you might think of. You can put a 100,000 satoshis on a paper wallet for less than a $1 right now and sell them for about $10 each. Give them a better deal with 250,000 satoshis for $20.

Be ready to do a lot of talking & educating of people about Bitcoin & other cryptocurrencies. Stay positive. You will be spreading the word, while making a few dollars on the side.
grifferz

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:27:27 AM

If you know a lot about altcoins then I suspect that pumping and daytrading those is more of a money-spinner than anything involving Bitcoin just now.

It is possible, at least in some places such as UK, to buy larger quantities of BTC on an exchange and then sell it in smaller chunks for a small profit on sites such as LocalBitcoins and Bittylicious.

You can, for example, sell BTC now on LocalBitcoins for 5% above Bitstamp and then buy it back on Bitstamp immediately, so that your BTC holdings increase.

Downsides:

• Relatively low reward. Maybe you can sell for 5% above the exchange, but there will be additional fees, possibly including transaction fees from any fiat transfers you need to do.
  • Risky. Involves sending large chunks of fiat to an exchange where it probably sits waiting for you to be able to buy low, risking its total and irrecoverable loss should the exchange go under. You can't sell BTC without fiat to buy BTC so you end up keeping fiat on the exchange constantly.
  • Requires some startup funds. For example, you won't be able to sell on LocalBitcoins without holding at least BTC0.4.
  • Lots of identify verification. Exchanges will need to do AML/KYC checks on you, which will involve you having to send scans of identity documents and bills etc.
  • Scammers. Depending on how you sell the BTC you will be exposed to a greater or lesser rate of scam attempts, but the rate will be non-zero. Even scam attempts that are unsuccessful against you personally can negatively affect you. For example, if you accept payment through online banking then someone who steals another person's online banking credentials can buy from you. Later the rightful owner of the bank account reports the fraud and your payment may be clawed back. Your bank may also take that opportunity to freeze your bank account for months while they investigate what you're doing. Rather inconvenient if it also happens to be your day to day banking facility.

None of these problems are insurmountable but for the relatively low return you may consider them an ineffective way to make money.

In a rising bitcoin economy it is likely more effective to simply sell your holdings for profit in bulk on an exchange, withdrawing all funds as soon as they no longer need to be there. However you need to actually have holdings for that to work. The above method works best in a falling economy since it's easier to ensure you buy back at a significantly lower price than you sold for.
Bill Bisco

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:57:15 AM

Buy and maintain bitcoin mining rigs.  Or, Search for Groupbuys in the forum and participate in one of them

BTC: 1PVqE4eM8uBJ7Xb9rCsCLajp5YSi6p8oQ6
"Real Sharpness Comes Without Effort"
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 05:09:54 AM

DOGE is popular enough that you will get moves in both directions, even during a strong trend.
The recent move, ~90 to 148 leaves plenty of people guessing which way it will go next.
Like I said, "Trading alt coins works great, some of the time".

BitEnthusiastFan

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 06:03:35 AM

I personally invest in alt coins. It is risky doing this, however.
gagalady
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 10:24:29 AM

Trading Alt coins, investing, gambling. All of these options has a risk factor.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 10:47:23 AM

The safest method will be to lend the Bitcoins to someone here (with high trust ratings). You will get interest rates ranging from 12% to 24% per year. Trading with altcoins can destroy all your money.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=65.0
vnvizow

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 10:54:40 AM

The safest method will be to lend the Bitcoins to someone here (with high trust ratings). You will get interest rates ranging from 12% to 24% per year. Trading with altcoins can destroy all your money.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=65.0
Well there are a lot of scammers around nowadays, everything has risks but I feel like trading altcoins has a slighty lower risk
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 10:59:18 AM

Well there are a lot of scammers around nowadays, everything has risks but I feel like trading altcoins has a slighty lower risk

I have a feeling that altcoins will soon bite the dust. The recent altcoin boom (by the end of 2013) was caused by Chinese investors who piled up altcoins as they thought that Bitcoin was way too expensive. The China boom has long ended. So... there is a lack of demand in general for the altcoins. Also, right now there are close to 750 different altcoins, with 20-30 new coins being created every day. This will lower the demand even more. 
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:34:35 AM

Trade alt coins or trade btc itself
Try not to gamble

lemfuture

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:36:45 AM

trade altcoins/trade securities. but the best way you say? so far its to scam people cause most of the time you can get away

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: