Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:35:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Physical Bitcoin Design Finalists - VOID - New Thread soon - See Statement  (Read 7962 times)
Coinographic (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Physical Digital Currency

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 02:09:35 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=765337.0

Voting is open again.  Our best of luck to everyone, may the best design win!

I ask that we please stop posting on this thread now and let it die.  Can a moderator please lock or remove this thread?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bonksnp2

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 02:21:14 PM

I was afraid this was going to get a bunch of people bent out of shape. It's a shame it turned out like this.

And I don't remember who all was not happy with my design, but I have every single saved version of the coin (the final submission was v15) if anyone questions my originality.  I saw someone comparing my coin to another one and while I have to admit the do look similar, I hadn't seen that coin until today.

Also, I probably should have included more of an explanation of what materials were used in my design. I did ask during the competition if using both yellow and white gold was allowed and was told it was.  

Mostly irrelevant though. I agree with polyteam-coin (even though he's destroying my design  Wink) that voting might be most fair on forums that aren't directly involved. Or maybe reddit?

Or maybe just ask mods from here, Litecoin, Dogecoin, etc to vote.

LitcoinCollector
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 02:27:17 PM

Perhaps the designers of the contest should chosse a design, not the own obviously. For 50% of the count.

We put our time and effort in it and it is fair this way.

Coinographic jumped the gun again. Other voting thread is live already.
worldtreasurefinders

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 03:07:34 PM

I'm really surprised that my design didn't got selected on the top 5 even if it had 2 likes already,
If the problem is the printing thing that was mentioned on the post then the same thing applies to the iawgoM design.
Coinographic I'm disappointed on you, when I asked if I should continue working on it you should had said the truth, I wasted some time working on it.

There are other designs looking awful compared to this the quality is higher on mine

Of course you love your design, and of course you think it's the best, but honestly the gear theme is a little weird.  I've never seen gears associated with bitcoins before.  And like I said before all those little keys are almost impossible to carve into a working coin die.

Architect, Anarchist, Numismatist, Crypto-Enthusiast.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: