Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:02:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: User Spotswood Iwant to buy one of your chassis please contact me  (Read 2197 times)
gwen (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 02:46:35 AM

Subject says its all I am looking for the frames mentioned in this posting:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=printpage;topic=39960.0

I inherited my buddies bitcoin mining rig 2x msi 6950 twin frozzer reflashed to 6970 with a corsair 1200W

and I have solar cogen rates at lowest tier in northern california. I was going to drop an athlon II x6 processor in the cm3 socket in to the mobo a msi 890FXA-GD70  and run a XEN 4.0 cloud on the mobo by upping the memory to 8-16 gb

Then I was going to run the mining software on one of the cores as a VM leaving the other cores for work related tasks(I am donating the rig to my business).

comments?? anyone tried to do it this way before??

but user spotswood please message me so I can buy one of your 80/20 based chassis(s) post haste

btw this "should" work as only the gpu(s) are used for mining and I will pin them to the CPU that is running the mining software

gwen
     a new miner
I get to shut down 4 OLD gamer machines being used as servers with 500w power supplies apiece
so I gain quite a bit of power savings this way and get to run both work tasking and mining at a lowered power cost from my 2kw I presently theoretically consume(all are running crypto disks without hw support so they ARE consuming LOTS of cryptotax cycles)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 03:47:49 AM

Subject says its all I am looking for the frames mentioned in this posting:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=printpage;topic=39960.0

I inherited my buddies bitcoin mining rig 2x msi 6950 twin frozzer reflashed to 6970 with a corsair 1200W

and I have solar cogen rates at lowest tier in northern california. I was going to drop an athlon II x6 processor in the cm3 socket in to the mobo a msi 890FXA-GD70  and run a XEN 4.0 cloud on the mobo by upping the memory to 8-16 gb

Then I was going to run the mining software on one of the cores as a VM leaving the other cores for work related tasks(I am donating the rig to my business).

comments?? anyone tried to do it this way before??

but user spotswood please message me so I can buy one of your 80/20 based chassis(s) post haste

btw this "should" work as only the gpu(s) are used for mining and I will pin them to the CPU that is running the mining software

gwen
     a new miner
I get to shut down 4 OLD gamer machines being used as servers with 500w power supplies apiece
so I gain quite a bit of power savings this way and get to run both work tasking and mining at a lowered power cost from my 2kw I presently theoretically consume(all are running crypto disks without hw support so they ARE consuming LOTS of cryptotax cycles)

Message him yourself.
Spotswood

Activity: 512
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2012, 09:43:17 AM

PM sent.   Roll Eyes

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: