Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:21:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin.com & Bitcoins.com - Research  (Read 2317 times)
NeverLoseVision (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 06:33:36 PM

Hello.

Just sharing my independent research for those interested. I am here in good spirits, no need for any negativity.

Bitcoin.com

Original Registrant:  Hurricane Communication AB - Gothenburg, Sweden
Original Date:  September 19, 2000

On January 4, 2008 the Registrant record changed from Verisign to Godaddy.

New Registrant:  Jesse Heitler - Denver, Colorado

On August 26, 2010 the Registrant record changed from above name to Privacy Protection.

Today, "Bitcoin.com" is used as an affiliate landing page to promote CoinBase.com but that does not mean CoinBase is the owner. In fact, they could be involved with a term licensing agreement to control the domain asset. Or, the domain owner could simply be redirecting users to CoinBase for an affiliate commission via the blue graphic. I personally have no clue which is the reality. However, I have been informed by anonymous sources the conversations are well in to the six and seven figures.

Bitcoins.com

Original Registrant:  Rodolfo Andragnes - Victoria Bahia, Argentina
Original Date:  March 30, 2000

On August 17, 2011 the Registrant record changed from above name to Tibanne Co. LTD - Mr. Mark Karpeles (founder of MtGox).

Today, "Bitcoins.com" is a really cool website and is positioned as a complete guide to the world of Bitcoin. With information and links to the major resources and great details and graphics, it's a must read. However, the site boasts an interactive timeline hasn't been updated since April 2013. Also, note Mr. Karpeles also owns "BitcoinExchange.com" which 301-redirects to his company; MtGox.com. Great investment(s), really savvy move!

BitcoinWallet.com

Original Registrant:  Privacy Protection
Original Date:  July 13, 2010

On December 23, 2013 the Registrant record changed from above name to CurrencyEvolution.com - a Bitcoin marketing platform (startup company) that seems to be seeking funding. "Bitcoin Wallet" - as a search query (Google) spiked from a ten month average volume of 30,000 monthly searches to 110,000 in November 2013 representing an unbelievable spike in global interest. Seems like an incredible amount of potential exposure and revenue CoinBase.com and BlockChain.info are missing out on. I think it's safe to say the bigger Bitcoin becomes the more of a need for a Bitcoin Wallet.

Enjoy!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
skivrmt

Activity: 994
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 06:38:30 PM

I can see Coinbase buying bitcoin.com for easily 6 or 7 figures.  With the amount of funding they have received and the new users they are continually signing up, this could be a drop in the bucket for them in the long run to attract new users and buyers and of course, more fees to them.
NeverLoseVision (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 06:45:38 PM
Last edit: December 27, 2013, 07:00:08 PM by NeverLoseVision

There is no question all four domains listed above are six or seven figure domain assets.

Google Adwords Data: Average Monthly Searches

---------------------------------------------------------

Search Query / Monthly Average / October-to-November SPIKE:

Bitcoin = 1,220,000 >>> 1,500,000 to 5,000,000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Bitcoin" suggested bid = $1.06

Bitcoins = 201,000 >>> 246,000 to 673,000
"Bitcoins" suggested bid = $1.22

Bitcoin Exchange = 60,500 >>> 40,500 to 135,000
"Bitcoin Exchange" suggested bid = $1.72

Bitcoin Wallet = 33,100 >>> 33,100 to 110,000
"Bitcoin Wallet" suggested bid = $1.60
m@x

Activity: 117
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 08:15:34 PM

Bitcoins.com was bought for something like $50K if I recall correctly. I was one of the interested party.

In ₿ I trust
NeverLoseVision (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 08:45:46 PM

If that figure of $50k is in fact accurate, this would be a CLASSIC case of an inexperienced domain owner who left BOAT LOADS of cash on the table by simply playing a game he/she wasn't equipped to play. 
HELP.org

Activity: 510
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 05:09:57 PM

More on bitcoins.com

http://www.domaininvesting.com/story-behind-bitcoins-com-domain-name/

I believe the story goes that Satoshi gave bitcoin.org/com to Sirius or Theymos but it is all kept under privacy so it cannot be verified.

I just acquired bitcoin.me which I think is the next best alternative.  I have hired a professional ad agency to assist me with setting it up.  coming soon...

Certified Bitcoin Professional
Bicoin.me - Bitcoin.me!
skivrmt

Activity: 994
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 06:45:32 PM

More on bitcoins.com

I believe the story goes that Satoshi gave bitcoin.org/com to Sirius or Theymos but it is all kept under privacy so it cannot be verified.

I just acquired bitcoin.me which I think is the next best alternative.  I have hired a professional ad agency to assist me with setting it up.  coming soon...

Solid link.  Interesting for sure.

And ever nicer pick up with the domain name.  A great way to be even more diversified. Wink
Cryptolator

Activity: 508

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 12:25:23 AM

More on bitcoins.com

Out of curiosity, what will be the purpose of the site ?
HELP.org

Activity: 510

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 05:27:18 AM

More on bitcoins.com

The basic idea is "Bitcoin Me" is an introduction to new users who have not used Bitcoin and want to get started.

The overall strategy is to help decentralize some of things that are going on in Bitcoin.  Namely, a small group of people are controlling bitcoin.org/bitcointalk.org, and the Github repositories.  I think some of these people are irresponsible for a number of reasons and I think there is too much control centered around this small group.  Nobody involved with bitcointalk.org/bitcoin.org will have any say whatsoever and I purposely chose people outside of Bitcoin to work on the project so they have an objective view.  I view Bitcoin as a technical solution that can be used by anyone of any political persuasion or for any reason.  I do not agree with the people who have political motives, have attached themselves to Bitcoin, and claim that people who use Bitcoin agree with their political view. 

Certified Bitcoin Professional
Bicoin.me - Bitcoin.me!
Cryptolator

Activity: 508

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 09:20:30 PM

More on bitcoins.com

The basic idea is "Bitcoin Me" is an introduction to new users who have not used Bitcoin and want to get started.

The overall strategy is to help decentralize some of things that are going on in Bitcoin.  Namely, a small group of people are controlling bitcoin.org/bitcointalk.org, and the Github repositories.  I think some of these people are irresponsible for a number of reasons and I think there is too much control centered around this small group.  Nobody involved with bitcointalk.org/bitcoin.org will have any say whatsoever and I purposely chose people outside of Bitcoin to work on the project so they have an objective view.  I view Bitcoin as a technical solution that can be used by anyone of any political persuasion or for any reason.  I do not agree with the people who have political motives, have attached themselves to Bitcoin, and claim that people who use Bitcoin agree with their political view. 

That sound great !

Wish you luck in yor project ! Smiley
domain-guru

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 02:53:49 PM

If that figure of $50k is in fact accurate, this would be a CLASSIC case of an inexperienced domain owner who left BOAT LOADS of cash on the table by simply playing a game he/she wasn't equipped to play. 

15 Year veteran of the domain business here. You are absolutely right. He left a minimum of $500k on the table.

I represent a few high profile bit coin domains as a broker. The numbers being thrown around right now are crazy. I've been involved in some of the most high profile sales (as owner and broker) in the go-go days of domains and the sales in the bit coin space are right up there. None of them get reported and are under NDA's, but it's the ONLY sector of the domain world that is hitting serious six and seven figs.

One of the domains I represent gets 4 or 5 new offers every day from endusers primarily. Each day we price upwards convinced we're selling too cheap. There's so much money pouring into the space and so few good names.

And to those that think good names don't matter, you're crazy. Just look at the terribly amateurish move that easyco.in did in branding under a .in that a) can be seized by the Indian government and b) is driving a ton of traffic to Easycoin.com. In getting widespread consumer approval of a weird/new/scary currency, a solid .com is even more critical, especially if you're doing ATM's and branded content of any kind.

CoinHeavy

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 07:12:43 AM

Interesting analysis; you folks seem to know your way around the domain game. 

Would you have any advice regarding LiteCoin.pe (peru), WeddingBitcoin.com, CoinHeavy.com, or Cointreversy.com?

I'm considering selling one or more of these but I'll likely hang on to them to see how things go.
domain-guru

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:48:54 PM

Would you have any advice regarding LiteCoin.pe (peru), WeddingBitcoin.com, CoinHeavy.com, or Cointreversy.com?

I'm considering selling one or more of these but I'll likely hang on to them to see how things go.

None of those do much for me.
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4018
Merit: 1299

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 07:25:01 PM

I agree...and I've been doing domains since 1993 (and the internet (vs web) for 9 years before that!).  ;-)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: