Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:28:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Boscombe Pierlytics  (Read 7556 times)
papamoi

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:31:00 PM

OK END OF GAME Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Libor Kral Chef Engineer  boscombe-miner*com
AND WHO IS THIS?
http://www.msa.cz/en/o-firme/management-2

Roman BALÁŽ Commercial Director MSA, a.s.

EDIT: I wrote a Roman Balaz email,I will share his reaction  Cheesy

the third photo of their link is on roman company s website also
lulz

and they are making valves

lulzzzzzz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:33:39 PM

OK END OF GAME Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Libor Kral Chef Engineer  boscombe-miner*com
AND WHO IS THIS?
http://www.msa.cz/en/o-firme/management-2

Roman BALÁŽ Commercial Director MSA, a.s.

EDIT: I wrote a Roman Balaz email,I will share his reaction  Cheesy

the third photo of their link is on roman company s website also
lulz

and they are making valves

lulzzzzzz

Someone needs another round of hair plugs!  The first batch didn't take.   Grin

FlappySocks

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:55:50 PM

Ok, just canceled the Bank Transfer...  Grin

Banks slowness at transferring money has it's benefits I guess Smiley

Good for you.
FlappySocks

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 11:05:05 PM

I dont think BlackArrow's batch is gone.
FlappySocks

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 11:10:15 PM

Yep but if I order now when will I get it? Possibly April/May?

Dont know. They are announcing resellers soon, so you may be able to get one from them.
FCTaiChi (OP)

Activity: 308

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 11:12:13 PM

Keeping fingers crossed, after reading this thread I'm a bit worried, but I guess it's normal to be wary of a new manufacturer anyway.
Did anyone trust CoinTerra when they first announced? Or BitMine or KNCMiner and the rest...

Oh definitely not, but there is a lot of research that must be done before buying mining equipment.  For every real company there are 5-10 scams.

edit-
Oh btw did the person who was emailing the people that the pictures from get an answer?  That would be interesting..

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 11:28:51 PM

Oh right..  here is their website.

http://boscombe-miner.com/

No https:// no thanks!

If you want to take a sensible risk then order from those that work with the community members including mining software teams.

VeeMiner

Activity: 752

bitcoin hodler

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 02:32:41 PM

95 percent possible it's a scam, I'm from Czech so I can give them a call...
strmir

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 02:52:01 PM

I think it's not necessary to call or visit them:

The company Boscombe Pierlytics is a "ready-made business" set up by http://www.profispolecnosti.cz/en/. They even use their "Virtual Office" service (http://www.profispolecnosti.cz/en/services/virtual-office), headquarters address match one of the offered.

The only thing I'd be afraid of is, whether Zdeněk Skupeň is really behind this scam or someone abused his ID card and set up a company using his identity. Nothing uncommon here in Czech Republic Sad
Septimus

Activity: 51

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 03:18:41 PM

http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz160/Virtus90/bitcointalk/Untitled_zps7d337441.jpg
FCTaiChi (OP)

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 05:10:56 PM

If they have a connection to a company that they used is it possible there is a paper trail leading back to someone?  If so could someone local notify authorities

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
stramir

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:18:57 PM

If they have a connection to a company that they used is it possible there is a paper trail leading back to someone?  If so could someone local notify authorities

You can check said connection for free:

http://wwwinfo.mfcr.cz/cgi-bin/ares/darv_or.cgi?ico=02326591&rozsah=1&jazyk=en&xml=1&akce=190901

You can browse some documents related to a company for free, even that is in public domain.

This, for instance, is the agreement on the transfer of a investment contribution from Profispolečnosti Praha s.r.o. to Mr. Zdeněk Skupeň:

https://or.justice.cz/ias/ui/vypis-sl.pdf?subjektId=isror%3a47603&dokumentId=C+218244%2fSL3%40MSPH&partnum=0&variant=1&klic=0yjusg

Now, those guys whose photos were abused to portray "the team" on the Pierlytics website could file a complaint against Z. Skupeň easily. I believe someone in this thread sent them some e-mails already, let's see if and how they'll react.
strmir

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:23:00 PM

Previous post was from me, I've posted from my old account. Smiley
strmir

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:44:19 PM

Sorry, the link to https://or.justice.cz/ with the document expires after some time  Embarrassed

If you want to look at it:

1) go to https://or.justice.cz/ias/ui/rejstrik-$
2) put Boscombe in the search field and press Hledat
3) then click on link "Sbírka listin"
4) click on link "C 218244/SL 3" in the column "Číslo listiny"
5) the document is hidden in the section "Obsah", look for "PDF podoba"
FCTaiChi (OP)

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 08:09:25 PM

Oh good work.  I hope they reply.  It seems as if most scams are pointed out then forgotten.  Would be nice to catch a few to discourage the fad.

Donkezz

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 01:25:40 PM

I call him and he answer me.
I am from slovak.

Then i have one question on they company.

"Can i collect the goods in person, can i arrive to you for my miner ?"
They say, call me later Smiley i will wait for ask Smiley

Sry for my english
FCTaiChi (OP)

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 05:45:17 PM

Thanks for the input Donkezz.  Looks like you probably got a brushoff.  I'm sure you've seen that you shouldn't buy from them from the information gathered so far, but be careful if you do for some reason.

arc45

Activity: 60

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 10:46:20 PM

xstr8guy, thanks for putting together this scam list (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=366659.0). I didn't know one existed and only knew of a hand full of companies I've read about on this forum and reddit.

As I said, ASICMINER, was the only mining company to deliver from inventory days (no more than 1 week) after I ordered. They have several sellers and the user I worked with was CanaryInTheMine who was very good to work with, has an impeccable system of delivery with his group buys, and verification of Bitcoin wallet addresses used to pay for the miners.
FCTaiChi (OP)

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 11:33:50 PM

Thanks for taking your article down Arc, I wish others would do the same!

arc45

Activity: 60

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:47:38 PM

I've ordered after I saw this on BitCoin Magazine:

http://bitcoinmagazine.com/8890/new-bitcoin-asic-miner-technology-1-ths-2-ths-3-ths-for-the-bitcoin-mining-market-from-boscombe-pierlytics-now-open-for-pre-order/

And I paid via Bank Transfer. So far it all seems legit, I can login into my account on their site and see my order, got confirmation emails, etc...

Keeping fingers crossed, after reading this thread I'm a bit worried, but I guess it's normal to be wary of a new manufacturer anyway.
Did anyone trust CoinTerra when they first announced? Or BitMine or KNCMiner and the rest...

Has anyone else ordered?

Please tell me you are joking!  Did you read this thread before ordering?  This is a "probable scam".
The Scam List

No I didn't read this hence why now I'm worried. But why would BitCoin Magazine talk so securely about?

Because apparently, Ruben Alexander (the author of the article) is a lazy SOB and simply posted a Press Release directly from Boscombe and claimed it was an "article" that he wrote.  He should be fired immediately.

hey Ruben here. This was a press release handed to me by someone who had too much on their plate. Press releases are simply a company announcing something they are offering or planning to offer. It isn't an in depth review and no research has been done especially when the product can't be reviewed (prerelease) and being made for the first time. The moment someone from the community said the company was a scam I took the article down immediately.

In general, and as a miner, I would never buy a miner based on seeing a press release, advertisement, or review. I've taken the risk with a couple mining companies and have had mixed experiences (super late BFL deliveries + very good KNCminer experiences), but in every case (except with ASICMINER) all miners sent to me were late and a schedule slip in mining always means lost money due to difficulty increases. I have never had the misfortune of ordering product from a company that has gone bankrupt, but this is the risk you face with mining companies selling you product that doesn't exist.

There's still no excuse for not checking the background on this company in advance, so I apologize and will make an effort to look into companies requesting press releases in the future. I'll check the scam list xstr8guy has made if the situation comes up again.

Bitcoin Mag is chock full with intelligent writers, proofreaders, and editors and the reviews and discussions that go on with our articles is inspiring. Every one at Bitcoin Mag is passionate about what they do and truly want every Bitcoin owner to be informed with all that goes on related to digital currencies. I do try to uphold this standard for my peers and for my community with my articles + I hope you understand the context of this slip up and accept my apology.

Appreciate the apology Ruben, and as I mentioned in the comment I tried to leave on the article you posted on Bitcoin Mag I nearly lost ~ $6000. If it wasn't for the guys on this thread and waited a few hours longer they would have had my money. Again thanks to those who sniffed the scam. It cost me about $100 between premium rate phone calls and cancellation fees to my bank to revert the payment I've made.

I've been reading your Mag since it came out more or less and always found it a trustful source of info, that's where I learned about Cointerra, KNC, BlackArrow, etc. But after this I will have to re-think my opinion and hope in the future the whole editorial team would double check press releases before so confidently posting such announcements. The article even had a description of the company and the team and read something like "they have just opened their store but will be delivering in January because production is already underway." I drunk it like water! My fault. I believe your blog is read by quite a few people and I have it in my rss feeds so I look at it daily. I hope I was the only idiot (feel like such a noob) to have based my judgment on your article and impulsively ordered.

No bad feelings, it's clearly my mistake not to have done my own research in the first place but hopefully a good example to others who may jump to ordering a miner based on an article they read online!  Undecided

You are totally right. I shared this thread with the lead editor and we will be doing more checks with companies requesting press releases + asking for adspace. As Bitcoin users start to increase in number, it makes sense there will be more rotten apple businesses trying to scam people.

Don't feel like you are the only one to jump into something prematurely. I've done it and had to learn the hard way. This is why scam lists and these sorts of discussions are important to help folks think and double check things with a trusted community first.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: