Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:06:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New 2FA wallet installation problem at QR Code/Google Authenticator step  (Read 1375 times)
typesoshee (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 05:01:17 AM

Hello,

I am a complete noobie and an trying to install an Electrum wallet. I'm using Windows 7.

I downloaded the latest Windows installer from their website and chose the two-factor authorization wallet. Everything was going well (12-word seed, password, e-mail) until it asked for verification via a QR code and Google Authenticator. I downloaded Google Authenticator on my phone and let my phone scan the QR image. It gave me a code number, which I then entered into Electrum. When I clicked next/OK, the Electrum window says:

incorrect password, aborting

and there is a error message that pops up that says:

__init__() takes exactly 2 arguments (3 given)

When I load up Electrum again, it goes right to the section where it asks for your e-mail. When I enter my e-mail or anything random, it gives me this error message:

xpubkey1 and xpubkey2 already associated with existing cosigner

and the program closes. If I load up Electrum again, the same thing happens: asks for my e-mail, and whatever I enter, gives the "xpubkey" message and closes.

I can try to restart the new wallet installation process by deleting the Electrum folder in my AppData/Roaming folder, but the same thing happens at the QR Code and Google Authenticator step (the "init" error message) and then it goes back to this state (asks for e-mail and then the "xpubkey" message).

Any help will be appreciated, thanks.
ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2015, 08:58:21 AM

fixed, see https://github.com/spesmilo/electrum/issues/1102
the fix will be in the next version
in the meantime, just remove your wallet file and restart from scratch

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 12:03:42 PM

it should be fixed now: the 2.0.3 binary for osx was updated

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
Dhimself

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 02:55:20 PM

fixed, see https://github.com/spesmilo/electrum/issues/1102
the fix will be in the next version
in the meantime, just remove your wallet file and restart from scratch

Sorry for the noob question but I too am having this issue as I just get started on my bitcoin journey. Could someone please mention the exact name of this "wallet file?" I have tried deleting several different files and I still am prompted with the email entry box followed by the code request. But I am unable to produce that. So I must remove that file.

Thank you in advance.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: