Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:21:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help: Is the Btc Blockchain the right thing for me?  (Read 761 times)
Flo147 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 11:11:49 AM

Hey guys,

I am a long time lurker here and on other boards as well. Yet now, since I am in the midst of doing a Btc project, I decided to sign up to participate in the community. I am also not such an expert when it comes to technical aspects of Btc and the blockchain and thus I need your help with the following things.

Well, the project I am on to, is about an app, which automatically transfers "things" via smart contracts from person B to person A, when person A is close to person B, who has the app also on the phone.

Steps involved:
1) Person A and B load Btc into the wallet of the app
2) Person A specifies that he/she wants to get up to 100 "things" when he/she is close to another person B who is using the app
3) The app detects another person B and transfers "things" from B to A.
4) The transfer is initiated and stops either after person A determines it or after 100 "things" has been transferred

My problem now is, that the transfer of Btc should not take so long and moreover I will need to write quite a few entries on the blockchain (if the users connect frequently with others). Knowing about the discussion of limiting the blockchain entries, I am not sure, if I should not look for another faster altcoin or what other options I can use.

On the other site I do want to keep it as simple as possible, which means I do not want person A and B to convert Btc into altcoins, use exchanges etc. to be able to use the app.

Is there a way to track/hash each single transfer and deduct the Btc once a day? If that would be possible, then I have to make sure that the transfer from person B to A stops automatically when person A has no Btc left and can not pay for more "things" from person B.

I was looking into blackcoin, etherium, counterparty, blackhalo, florincoin etc. which may be faster but lack in disposability.

I do hope that I get some input from your site and that the one or the other guy could help me a bit further with the design of these smart contracts and/or introduce me to things I have not yet seen/read.

Thanks a lot guys
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Reynaldo
Legendary

Activity: 1143
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 02:55:12 PM

Would you elaborate more on the "things" and about "when he/she is close to another.. "

Will people need to be close to each other to use this app?

Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2015, 06:24:11 PM

Would you elaborate more on the "things" and about "when he/she is close to another.. "

If I understand correctly, not to use this app but to transfer coins.

I think this app is similar to the Bitcoin treasure hunt apps.

Flo147 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 08:42:12 PM

Well, think about it as when A and B are close enough, then B transfers copyright pictures or any other digital stuff worth a few cents up to 100 pieces and A should pay B for those pictures in Btc. The virtual commodity is secondary here. The thing is, I am looking for the best solution to to carry that out.

Yes, people have to be close to each other. Think about it as using iBeacons. As soon as you are close to another device the transfer should start until the preset amount has been transferred or you are not close enough anymore.

JJ12880

Activity: 671
Merit: 501

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 04:44:29 AM

Hummm I cant help with the technical aspects too much, but it sounds like an interesting project.  Can you give a scenario where your finished project would be used?

Radium  Bringing Advanced Utility to the Blockchain!
BTC Thread | Telegram
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 12:58:07 PM

This is interesting
I think this project will decrease the BTCitcoin scam

faucet used to be profitable
Pages: [1]