Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:44:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The race for a decentralised silkroad is on, but who will win?  (Read 2706 times)
dadon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2015, 02:39:36 PM

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/the-race-for-the-first-decentralised-silk-road-is-on
microchoveur

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 02:44:42 PM

Well... Only the time will say.
The ShadowCore that includes the Shadowmarket seems pretty advanced when you take a look at the age of the project, it is still very young.

I hope the dev' will do everything they said they were going to do ! But when I take a look at all the promises they made and what they did, I'm very optimistic about it Smiley

IDAP.IO.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
.Introducing Derivatives Product Ecosystem to Crypto Asset Market.
| Twitter | LinkedIn | Medium | Facebook | Bitcointalk

dadon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2015, 02:51:17 PM

I can't see them walking away hopefully some more dev's join the team and keep pushing it forward but even at this rate imagine what it will look like this time next year..big things in the future this could be the bitcoin killer in my opinion, it has all the right ingredients to be most importantly a devoted and capable dev team with a vision, they know what they want to build and they know how to do it, and for once like satoshi money is not the motive only to empower the masses this is rhyno's vision.
microchoveur

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 02:52:02 PM

I can't see them walking away hopefully some more dev's join the team and keep pushing it forward but even at this rate imagine what it will look like this time next year..big things in the future this could be the bitcoin killer in my opinion, it has all the right ingredients to be most importantly a devoted and capable dev team with a vision, they know what they want to build and they know how to do it, and for once like satoshi money is not the motive only to empower the masses this is rhyno's vision.

Yeap, and more dev's are coming to the project, this is very good. Let's see where it will go !

IDAP.IO.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
.Introducing Derivatives Product Ecosystem to Crypto Asset Market.
| Twitter | LinkedIn | Medium | Facebook | Bitcointalk

RandomBTCinvestor

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 02:59:41 PM

And obviously, for the ones pointing the shadowmarket as an old feature. I can only tell you to look at this :

Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 03:05:39 PM

Lol at the pictures of spices being sold on the website.

Very subtle... /s Tongue

dadon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2015, 03:12:53 PM

Very subtle... /s Tongue

not a website mate that is the wallet the marketplace is built in  Wink shadow is the ultimate private trading platform.
dasource

Activity: 821

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 03:33:02 PM

This is a step in the right direction, it saddens me that we still have to trust centralised platforms to trade currency/goods.
Poor old Satoshi must be rolling over with the state of scams in the past several years.

^ I am with STUPID!
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 08:44:48 PM

I wonder if the US government can prosecute users of shadow simply based on the fact that the client is used for buying illegal drugs. Think about this for a second. If this market place is truly decentralized then the entire contents are hosted on individual's computers via the blockchain. That means that both orders and merchandise and all transactions are on shadow's users hard drives. Maybe the US or other nations will simply bust you for enabling the "drug network" by running your client (node). Since without you or anyone else participating the marketplace is essentially dead.

I think they can prove this in court as well. If the marketplace is used primarily for illegal things then why else would you be running it?

I know what your going to say, why don't the powers that be bust TOR users. Well, Tor can be used for many different reasons. A decentralized silk road is used for only one purpose. Especially when you have an anonymous currency tied to it. I don't think they will have a problem convincing a judge either. Better hope that your IP is obfuscated each time you load that client.

rocoro
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 11:55:35 PM

Think about this for a second. If this market place is truly decentralized then the entire contents are hosted on individual's computers via the blockchain. That means that both orders and merchandise and all transactions are on shadow's users hard drives.

Nah not if they make something like other coins are doing - making a whole OS anonymous,  contains a wallet and is on a usb stick.

Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 02:02:18 AM

I wonder if the US government can prosecute users of shadow simply based on the fact that the client is used for buying illegal drugs. Think about this for a second. If this market place is truly decentralized then the entire contents are hosted on individual's computers via the blockchain. That means that both orders and merchandise and all transactions are on shadow's users hard drives. Maybe the US or other nations will simply bust you for enabling the "drug network" by running your client (node). Since without you or anyone else participating the marketplace is essentially dead.

I think they can prove this in court as well. If the marketplace is used primarily for illegal things then why else would you be running it?

I know what your going to say, why don't the powers that be bust TOR users. Well, Tor can be used for many different reasons. A decentralized silk road is used for only one purpose. Especially when you have an anonymous currency tied to it. I don't think they will have a problem convincing a judge either. Better hope that your IP is obfuscated each time you load that client.

That's why you don't build a "decentralized market"...
Instead, people are building well known, public decentralized general purpose platforms.

People have no idea how infiltrated crypto forums are by LE...
Every single time someone is arrested they are flipped and their scam is taken over and kept running...
I would bet a substantial amount that this place is controlled and run by Feds...
It's the only explanation why it's a hell hole with zero moderation and every conceivable scam gets the red carpet.

You can only get away with hardcore crime in lawless places like Eastern Europe.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 1419

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 07:36:19 AM

Very subtle... /s Tongue

not a website mate that is the wallet the marketplace is built in  Wink shadow is the ultimate private trading platform.

Can we use Bitcoin in the market place?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
dadon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 07:54:27 AM

Very subtle... /s Tongue

Can we use Bitcoin in the market place?
well yes because you can trade BTC-SDC and then use the SDC to buy things, but possibly i'm not sure yet BTC could also be used as  a currency on the Shadow Marketplace
Poolie

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 09:47:41 AM

Shadowmarket looks very slick but I'll need to see them all up and running first before I decide which one will prevail. I think the market will decide overall which one is best, though. Can't wait for them to start popping up. I think they could really revolutionize things and push bitcoin back into the media.
Tarantino

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 09:49:10 AM

Very subtle... /s Tongue

I'm more interested in herbs that spices to be fair  Grin.

Very subtle... /s Tongue

I'd never heard of this until today but it does look very awesome. Very interested in what becomes of this and other marketplaces. Fuck ebay and fuck paypal!  Grin
rustynailer

Activity: 725
Merit: 501

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 10:43:42 AM

imho Shadow is not only winning the race but they are well infront.  Dark/Dash have now pulled out by focusing on adoption rather than anonymity and Monero still cant produce a GUI.

stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1666

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 11:01:57 AM

Can I ask a genuine question?

When the SDC marketplace is delivered, will it be running through standard wallets or through nodes of another kind?
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1666

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 11:03:36 AM

This is an argument often used against Darkcoin....the risk that masternode operators are in breach of money laundering laws.  Thats even before DRK masternodes support decentralised marketplaces...
KingCaper

Activity: 597
Merit: 506

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 11:18:38 AM

I was investigating the market yesterday and I don't see it referred to as a decentralized silk road anywhere official. As far as I can tell it's just a decentralized marketplace and so like Tor could be used for many different purposes.

MOIN Developer : BTT Thread  |  PGP: https://keybase.io/kingcaper
rustynailer

Activity: 725
Merit: 501

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 11:26:51 AM

This is an argument often used against Darkcoin....the risk that masternode operators are in breach of money laundering laws.  Thats even before DRK masternodes support decentralised marketplaces...

Thats exactly the reason why you cant have masternodes, but a fully p2p client like uTorrent they cant do much about.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: