Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:00:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitcoinPoker.gg - High Stakes. High Rewards - Secure Bitcoin Poker  (Read 54218 times)
BitcoinPoker.gg (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2015, 04:22:16 PM

Sorry everyone for the withdrawal delays. All withdrawals will be processed tomorrow.

Thanks.

You have been away awhile there mate, shame! Do you have any ideas for BitcoinPokers future?

The withdrawals, I bet one of them was an angry little man he could not get his 20cent. Oh that is right even with multiple accounts he never made any cents.

"Playing poker making money"

lol  Cheesy

Yeah I just got all withdrawals processed. We are not sure what direction to take the site at this time. Any suggestions are appreciated.

We are still running our 25mBTC GTD's. They require 6 players minimum to run.

Lol.
unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2015, 10:16:03 PM

cool, let's see if you can revive your dead poker site;
for whatever it's worth, i will use any chance to play and win the game,
leaving you penniless - that's what you good for and deserve in full!

oser41eric

Activity: 501
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 09:24:20 PM

I cannot believe how quiet it has become here, can we start some kind of promotion to get some bums on seats?

I have tried get a game a few times and just me and another in the lobby not answering my call for a game.

This site does have software like others but this is the better of them imo, hopefully it is not left and forgot about.

"That would be a shame"
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 12:13:28 AM

I cannot believe how quiet it has become here, can we start some kind of promotion to get some bums on seats?

I have tried get a game a few times and just me and another in the lobby not answering my call for a game.

This site does have software like others but this is the better of them imo, hopefully it is not left and forgot about.

"That would be a shame"

It's been discussed already up-thread, but you're completely right.  The software works well and the site-owner is honest.  The issue is that there are probably like 50 of us who would like to play there but we're never online at the same moment so no critical mass is ever reached.  I think the best thing to do at this point would be for bitcoinpoker.gg to close down and build up hype with advertising and special promotions on some sort of opening weekend.  That way when they reopened they'd be sure to have everyone pop in at once and the place might even thrive.
waterpile

Activity: 602

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 12:52:43 AM

"That would be a shame"

It's been discussed already up-thread, but you're completely right.  The software works well and the site-owner is honest.  The issue is that there are probably like 50 of us who would like to play there but we're never online at the same moment so no critical mass is ever reached.  I think the best thing to do at this point would be for bitcoinpoker.gg to close down and build up hype with advertising and special promotions on some sort of opening weekend.  That way when they reopened they'd be sure to have everyone pop in at once and the place might even thrive.

The thing is there are too much poker sites now and there are only a small market. I guess SwC and betcoin already took much of the players
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 07:21:20 PM

"That would be a shame"

The thing is there are too much poker sites now and there are only a small market. I guess SwC and betcoin already took much of the players

SwC still is windows only (but mostly likely that will be fixed soon, then they will almost certainly be kings again).  I've never gotten betcoin to work on gnu/linux.  I think there's a missed opportunity window going on now, but yah, it would take the right marketing.
fox19891989

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 07:45:40 PM

Sorry everyone for the withdrawal delays. All withdrawals will be processed tomorrow.

Thanks.

You have been away awhile there mate, shame! Do you have any ideas for BitcoinPokers future?

The withdrawals, I bet one of them was an angry little man he could not get his 20cent. Oh that is right even with multiple accounts he never made any cents.

"Playing poker making money"

lol  Cheesy

Yeah I just got all withdrawals processed. We are not sure what direction to take the site at this time. Any suggestions are appreciated.

We are still running our 25mBTC GTD's. They require 6 players minimum to run.

Lol.

it is not easy to run a poker house, especially for bitcoin house, so you need to improve your software, AFAIK, those biggest poker houses like betcoin and swc, they have good PC clients and UI is awesome, they have good promos to attract players, they have over 200 active players per day, they have many freerolls. Running a profitable poker house is difficult, learn from them, just my 2 cents.
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1414

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2015, 07:48:30 PM

I think the best thing to do at this point would be for bitcoinpoker.gg to close down and build up hype with advertising and special promotions on some sort of opening weekend.

This will be needing a huge budget and as far as I know it seems players has been losing some interest for the site which means that the site could be currently short on budget. Otherwise they could have just make a huge freerolls or GTD to attract more players which will be consider as a special promotions as well

P.S : I could be wrong on this, this is just pure assumption from me

That way when they reopened they'd be sure to have everyone pop in at once and the place might even thrive.

Then they will be forgotten once again. What the site need is more of a constant exposure though but It is kinda hard to run a poker sites nowadays because even with constant freerolls and generous GTD, a poker site will be hard to attract players. Betvip has the most generous freerolls and GTD thats ran for months and the site got no ring player as well . Another example would be luckflop, generous freerolls as well as free chips but the number ring player is not high enough ( apart from betcoin I guess )

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 08:06:28 PM

There is simply not enough players right now. Traffic has fallen off the cliff now that summer is in full swing. As much as I like the platform, and enjoyed playing here, hard to see it coming back unless the owners (or somebody) takes a leap of faith and pours money into promotion. As a business advisor I would say that would not be a smart thing to do. As a poker play I'm tempted to say ... bring it! Lol ...

None of this is a reflection on the platform or owners. Market conditions are simply stark ...
BitcoinPoker.gg (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2015, 08:34:00 PM

Yes, it is very difficult to build our player base and it has been getting harder and harder. At this point we are not really sure what to do.

We appreciate the suggestion but shutting down and reopening with more "hype" is not a good idea and we will not be doing it. This will cost more of a budget then expected and what we have already spent.

I agree with Indamuck. I would love to see the site pick back up again but at this point it is not looking good with summer in full swing and other platforms already having a large player base.
Sourgummies

Activity: 728

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 08:54:00 PM

You really are up against a hard rock. Freerolls attract players but for the most part they do not contribute rake long term and bounce from site to site chasing pennies.
What you want is legit players and to do that means you need to have action available to them 24 hours a day. If they log in and have to wait for action you are doomed.
If you can afford it,maybe house players for a month. Then take a look at the worth of that set up and replace it with a rake incentive ladder like Seals has/had.

The main problem is bitcoin itself is not adapted by enough people. You look at pokerstars and their numbers have been dropping for a few years. Now add the fact you are bitcoin based and you got very small field. I can go from site to site and roughly figure out who is who in a few days. Meaning who they are on other sites.

You think of a way to get cheap advertising and you could be on to something,like flashing it in youtube video.
FruitsBasket
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1017

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 10:01:43 PM

Yes, it is very difficult to build our player base and it has been getting harder and harder. At this point we are not really sure what to do.

We appreciate the suggestion but shutting down and reopening with more "hype" is not a good idea and we will not be doing it. This will cost more of a budget then expected and what we have already spent.

I agree with Indamuck. I would love to see the site pick back up again but at this point it is not looking good with summer in full swing and other platforms already having a large player base.

are you guys offering a rake back service? I think this would help

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 10:28:54 PM

If you can afford it,maybe house players for a month. Then take a look at the worth of that set up and replace it with a rake incentive ladder like Seals has/had.

Yah, I dunno either.  I agree that the issue is definitely that when you log on, you need to see a site full of people (or nearly full).   It's a critical mass problem, once you have the mass, it will be self-sustaining, but getting the mass is really hard.

I also thought about this.  If you have a month's budget maybe you can hire 6 or 7 people to sit around and play at the ring tables all day.  Then as "real" players start showing up, those guys get phased out.  Sorta like site-pros or something like that.  You definitely need to do something.

You said that shutting down and starting back up at a later date wouldn't work, but maybe you should give it a second thought.  I dunno, it's your money.  But given the choice between fading out into a slow death vs ramping up for one last shot at actually getting up and running I think I'd go with the last hurrah approach.  But then again, you obviously have more details than I do about this.
moonbind

Activity: 229
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 06:30:09 AM

kill yourself and save us the trouble
you are not able to run a business like poker
go sift through garbage dumpsters and maybe search for aluminum beer cans

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2015, 11:40:18 AM

-snip-

I know you have the tendency to speak up rubbish but please be civil moonbind . The fact is that the site banned you has nothing to do with their falling business also that even if the site didnt banned you , you wouldnt be able to lurk in there with your alt anymore because they stopped the freerolls

You said that shutting down and starting back up at a later date wouldn't work, but maybe you should give it a second thought.  I dunno, it's your money.  But given the choice between fading out into a slow death vs ramping up for one last shot at actually getting up and running I think I'd go with the last hurrah approach. 

Theoretically this will works but the percentage to success after the opening hype will be pretty slim however this will require lot of budget and the fact is that I dont think that they will be able to afford it and this will resulting them to lose more than what they have covered. Also another fact is that there are more freerolls lurker than real ring players so opening with hype with generous freerolls and stuff will probably only attracts lurkers like moonbind

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 04:48:14 PM

-snip-

I know you have the tendency to speak up rubbish but please be civil moonbind . The fact is that the site banned you has nothing to do with their falling business also that even if the site didnt banned you , you wouldnt be able to lurk in there with your alt anymore because they stopped the freerolls

You said that shutting down and starting back up at a later date wouldn't work, but maybe you should give it a second thought.  I dunno, it's your money.  But given the choice between fading out into a slow death vs ramping up for one last shot at actually getting up and running I think I'd go with the last hurrah approach. 

Theoretically this will works but the percentage to success after the opening hype will be pretty slim however this will require lot of budget and the fact is that I dont think that they will be able to afford it and this will resulting them to lose more than what they have covered. Also another fact is that there are more freerolls lurker than real ring players so opening with hype with generous freerolls and stuff will probably only attracts lurkers like moonbind

I agree about freerolls, but if they were part of some comprehensive promotion, say like 50% rakeback all week on opening week.  75% rakeback all weekend.  100% deposit bonus.  Thinks like that + a house full of players (say they were just "site pros" all the first week, but there'd be bodies in the seats) and who knows what might happen.  It seems to me like it's better than the slow-fade-out-to-nothing strategy.
apolo888

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 10:57:21 AM

Please do something to have more players here.
One freeroll will be good sometimes.
regards
SyGambler
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804

guess who's back

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 12:45:11 PM

regards

Freerolls won't help , bitcoinpoker used to have some nice freerolls , but that didn't attract new players
more freerolls for this site atm will make them lose more and more , sadly it's a problem with most of btc poker sites
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 12:50:26 PM

regards

Without lowering any respect, this seem to be not feasible anymore. As already been stated by the owner that they are currently on the brink of falling which means that having freerolls will only means giving aways free money that currently they are needing to continue this site's operation, Beside you should note that freerolls only attract freerolls lurker and not the ring games player, to be able to survive the house must gain some revenue from rake

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
panjul07
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1357

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 01:57:20 PM

regards

Without lowering any respect, this seem to be not feasible anymore. As already been stated by the owner that they are currently on the brink of falling which means that having freerolls will only means giving aways free money that currently they are needing to continue this site's operation, Beside you should note that freerolls only attract freerolls lurker and not the ring games player, to be able to survive the house must gain some revenue from rake

Agree, but they need to offer something on the ring games if they want to attracts people play on the ring games. As I see many members suggested about rake back already, but seems that the owner does not really care about it.
Instead of pure freerolls, perhaps its better to them to provide freeroll that requires some rakes to join the freeroll (sorry to say, like on LuckyFlop).

██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: