Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:43:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Proposed removal of Matthew N Wright from forum staff.  (Read 11507 times)
Bigpiggy01 (OP)

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2012, 03:04:47 PM

In light of Matthew's blatant dishonesty outlined in post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=84042.1680 and his no comment stance on his relationship with Jonathan Ryan Owens who has left a large amount of GLBSE customers in a lurch I move that admin remove him form the staff rota until such time as that mess is cleared up one way or the other.

I'm not saying he broke any rules I'm saying he's straight out dishonest and as such him being listed as staff is quite frankly speaking a disgrace for the forum.

I just wasted half an hour reading pages from that link. Perhaps I've missed something, but could you please explain where the lie is? Everyone posting in that thread sounds equally evasive, and I do hate to miss a good stoush.

So how about you spend a bit more time on your post than just "<link> and you must believe me because I said so". Please explain what the hell is going on in those last pages of that thread, and why you think Matthew is lying. And why that made you so cranky. Thank you.

Someone felt overly embarrassed and decided to delete a bunch of posts from that thread. I think that more than says it all.

Essentially MNW was shilling in the thread on the Aurumnexchange vs Zhou Tong issue. When questioned on his relationship with Zhou Tong he claimed loans etc from ZT to him were a B2B line of credit vs Zhoutong being on the record here as saying something very different. I can still remember Mybitcoin with Naimogold shilling for Dalin Owens and "Tom Williams" the parallels between these issues are far too many and to striking for stuff like that not to spring to mind.

Quite frankly I'm disgusted that anyone in that type of position would be offered any kind of trust based work and the title it brings. If once all the dust settles it turns out that MNW has done no wrong in this whole fubared mess I'll be the first to offer a public apology.

LOL Matthew is involved in every single shady biz in the bitcoin space, however unrelated it may seem.

That must a record.

Given his tendency to wildly troll, I'm not surprised he tried to leave the impression he's involved with bitcoinica. If he was, zhoutong would've mentioned it (zhou has been forthcoming about everything else and the "anonymous investor" / buyer has already been outed as Tihan).

Matthew used to get loans from Bitcoinica for dialcoin and stuff. Matthew was involved with bitcoinica. How much involvement and how official was it, I do not know. I asked him to tell us but he did not want to, I don't know why.

It's just a few personal loans. They aren't even tied to Bitcoinica. When the site was acquired, the creditor becomes me as an individual.

Matthew was very familiar with the Bitcoin community and he offered a lot of help to me at early stage of Bitcoinica development. I really appreciate that. And I also donate a significant sum to his projects after the sale.

These are all entirely personal so I didn't talk about it at all. He did advise me to incorporate in Singapore and I followed his advice for a month. The acquisition happened just when I'm about to form Bitcoinica Pte Ltd with two partners who have experience in this field. So I wouldn't think it's any kind of involvement or even CEO.

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bigpiggy01 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2012, 03:13:43 PM

Maybe you guys need to read this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=86580.0 to learn what the titles mean and why you should ignore them.
MNW is a mod ONLY in the Korean section, because it's a tiny part of the forum with no other moderation. The forum software automatically applies the "staff" title when you see a post from him that is located OUTSIDE of the section he moderates. I see no reason to disable that feature, and I doubt it would be really easy anyways.

Furthermore, this business of attacking a moderator just because of their position has got to stop. It's a shameful situation that ought never to happen. This forum already hangs in the balance of being both a wonderful resource and a terrible plague because of the community it harbors, and it would be an utter disaster to lose what moderation we have and devolve into a worthless internet hell-hole. We have enough of those already, and don't need another one linked to Bitcoin.

I don't exactly see where I'm attacking him based on his position alone. The main basis for this attack is blatant dishonesty while in a position of trust or that's what I meant it to come across as anyway if someone's reading more than that into this I'll happily discuss it with them or edit my op if it has been vague in anyway.

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄

▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 03:15:17 PM

Maybe you guys need to read this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=86580.0 to learn what the titles mean and why you should ignore them.
MNW is a mod ONLY in the Korean section, because it's a tiny part of the forum with no other moderation. The forum software automatically applies the "staff" title when you see a post from him that is located OUTSIDE of the section he moderates. I see no reason to disable that feature, and I doubt it would be really easy anyways.

Furthermore, this business of attacking a moderator just because of their position has got to stop. It's a shameful situation that ought never to happen. This forum already hangs in the balance of being both a wonderful resource and a terrible plague because of the community it harbors, and it would be an utter disaster to lose what moderation we have and devolve into a worthless internet hell-hole. We have enough of those already, and don't need another one linked to Bitcoin.

I don't exactly see where I'm attacking him based on his position alone. The main basis for this attack is blatant dishonesty while in a position of trust or that's what I meant it to come across as anyway if someone's reading more than that into this I'll happily discuss it with them or edit my op if it has been vague in anyway.

Sorry, I should specify that that was a rant that I wanted to get off my chest for a while, so it was intended to be more general in nature. However, I don't really consider being the mod in a dead end board to be a "position of trust", so take that for whatever it may be worth to you.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
drakahn

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 03:39:31 PM

Sorry, I should specify that that was a rant that I wanted to get off my chest for a while, so it was intended to be more general in nature. However, I don't really consider being the mod in a dead end board to be a "position of trust", so take that for whatever it may be worth to you.
I think that may be the whole problem, people think "staff" means "representative", where as being a subforum moderator would be more like being a janitor

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
Bigpiggy01 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2012, 03:46:12 PM

Agreed, however a fairly large percentage of users will just see the staff tag and assume "it's a god from the backend" people are lazy and don't bother with reading much of anything which is why I'm fairly certain that there is more that a bit of merit in the point I'm trying to make.

However that does raise the issue of the staff getting proper recognition for their work which they generally speaking do deserve.

It's a slippery slope but imo if you're granting a "trusted" status and don't want to encourage sheep herding like on talkgold or some of the other even shittier sites around a very clear and distinctive line has to be drawn somewhere.

I think that may be the whole problem, people think "staff" means "representative", where as being a subforum moderator would be more like being a janitor

Exactly Grin

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄

▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 03:52:18 PM

SOLUTION: change "staff" title to "janitor" title. Problem solved. Grin Grin

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 03:57:51 PM

At this rate, I think I'll end up with a 'Global Janitor' sign under my name.  Undecided

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 03:59:59 PM

Joke not as that really is the solution.
Staff subtitle is a curse when you wish to say something someone may not agree with.
check_status

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Web Dev, Db Admin, Computer Technician

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 11:59:40 PM

Wondermod powers...Activate. (I wonder what form he'll take?)

I see staff as a position of importance and responsibility. A staff member should uphold the 7 principles of Bitcoin Independence.

Bitcoin Sovereignty
    Natural and Cryptographic Law
    Self-Evident Truth
    All Bitcoin users are Created Equal
    Creator Given, Unalienable Rights (Life, Liberty, Pursuit of Hashing.)
    Bitcoin Developers Purpose - Secure These Rights
    Popular Bitcoin Sovereignty (Consent of the Bitcoin users)

Are our liberties infringed by limiting our right to do wrong?
No, we have no right to do wrong.

Unless someone can statically link Matthew with malicious binary behavior, there's not much chance of proving he's complicit in hacks and swindle events that surround him. An evil purpose, a mental construct, is extremely difficult to prove without evidence of actual activity. So short of sticking him in an MRI, asking him questions, and reading his thought patterns, your SOL.

But if we get him to go to Princeton, we have a shot. Cheesy

For Bitcoin to be a true global currency the value of BTC needs always to rise.
If BTC became the global currency & money supply = 100 Trillion then ⊅1.00 BTC = $4,761,904.76.
P2Pool Server List | How To's and Guides Mega List |  1EndfedSryGUZK9sPrdvxHntYzv2EBexGA
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 12:19:31 AM

Are our liberties infringed by limiting our right to do wrong?
No, we have no right to do wrong.
<drama>
What is (w)right, and what is wrong?
</drama>

benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 12:32:44 PM

MNW is a mod ONLY in the Korean section, because it's a tiny part of the forum with no other moderation.
I don't really consider being the mod in a dead end board to be a "position of trust", so take that for whatever it may be worth to you.

It would be useful to change the "Staff" title to something like "Subforum Moderator".  This has confused me before when subforum janitors go on power trips in other forums.

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 01:33:38 PM

If once all the dust settles it turns out that MNW has done no wrong in this whole fubared mess I'll be the first to offer a public apology.

Okay. Can you make a list here for conditions of "no wrong" having been done so that I can know if it's even worth my time responding to you? It seems you've already made up your mind and are only interested in the ad hominem is all.

It would be useful to change the "Staff" title to something like "Subforum Moderator".  This has confused me before when subforum janitors go on power trips in other forums.

I am totally for this. I would even go one step beyond that and have a Korean title so that only Koreans would even care to know my involvement and everyone else would just assume me a regular member. ^_^

paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2012, 01:46:57 PM

It would be useful to change the "Staff" title to something like "Subforum Moderator".  This has confused me before when subforum janitors go on power trips in other forums.

I am totally for this. I would even go one step beyond that and have a Korean title so that only Koreans would even care to know my involvement and everyone else would just assume me a regular member. ^_^

Hmm, that would be nice. Having the country name before "Staff", so you can read "Korea Staff" or "Spain Staff" etc. I would pledge a few coins for this feature if anyone else is interested.

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2012, 01:52:05 PM

If once all the dust settles it turns out that MNW has done no wrong in this whole fubared mess I'll be the first to offer a public apology.

Okay. Can you make a list here for conditions of "no wrong" having been done so that I can know if it's even worth my time responding to you? It seems you've already made up your mind and are only interested in the ad hominem is all.

Has anyone associated with ringcoin or Icehill "donated" to the bitcoin magazine or yourself ?

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 02:19:14 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2012, 02:42:39 PM by Matthew N. Wright

Still waiting on the list of conditions. The burden of proof for accusations is on the accuser. I have yet to see anything warranting a response as none of the speculative claims are legitimate and only reflect how little the accusers actually know. As for other members, FUD isn't going to get me to answer anything that is inherently none of anyone else's business. Also, try asking "please" if there is something you want to know.

Hmm, that would be nice. Having the country name before "Staff", so you can read "Korea Staff" or "Spain Staff" etc. I would pledge a few coins for this feature if anyone else is interested.

Me too. Go start a thread about it.

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2012, 02:22:07 PM

I wonder why MNW was calling everyone under the sun the Bitscalper guy and then was working with him and JRO. Even being an employee of that group until fired.

Was that to cover for the scammer or were you really just that stupid?  oh lol...

Are you going to return what you gained from this? Or keep it like the bitcoinica money?  You sure know how to get hand outs on deals that go south, lol.

Anyway MNW as staff is fitting. It should keep any sane n00b far far away from anyone on the forum.

Fool me once....

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 02:37:40 PM

Still waiting on the list of conditions. More FUD isn't going to get me to answer anything that is inherently none of anyone else's business. Also, try asking "please".

Ask theymos to remove the Staff title and leave only the Moderator title on the forums on which it should be visible.
He removed my Staff title. Now I'm only a Hero Member outside the Newbies and Portuguese boards.
If not for more at least to avoid most of this type of threads.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 02:40:53 PM

Still waiting on the list of conditions. More FUD isn't going to get me to answer anything that is inherently none of anyone else's business. Also, try asking "please".

Ask theymos to remove the Staff title and leave only the Moderator title on the forums on which it should be visible.
He removed my Staff title. Now I'm only a Hero Member outside the Newbies and Portuguese boards.

Did you ask him to remove it or did he just remove it?

paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2012, 03:20:34 PM

Too lazy to do it, I pledged the coins...

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 03:27:26 PM

Did you ask him to remove it or did he just remove it?

In fact it was theymos idea after me saying in this thread the Staff title was almost a curse when one wished to speak freely.
He messaged me asking if I wanted the title removed. I said: Yes, please.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: