Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:33:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vanity address generators  (Read 2377 times)
MegaBrutal (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2012, 02:17:29 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2012, 09:12:20 PM by MegaBrutal

I see many of you have nice vanity Bitcoin addresses. What applications can be used to generate vanity addresses? List them here!

EDIT:
For easier view, I list your suggestions in the the OP.

Vanitygen/oclvanitygen
Nyhm's Java-based Bitcoin Vanity Address Generator

I'm looking forward to extend the list. Smiley

BTC: 18nAftZTnH4LjY9fPPow1aF5tGD1JiF7ZH
LTC: LV9MiA3iPVUm8qRFYbLkARuoYwvmHwhWaC

Buy some Negro candies!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Winterfrost

Activity: 600
Merit: 135

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 12, 2012, 02:24:09 PM

Take a look at this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=25804.0

mcris444

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2012, 03:02:43 PM

Used oclvanitygen yesterday.
23 Mkey/s on a 6870
Generated a 6 character (case sensitive) address in about 40 minutes.

Simple and easy to use.
Nyhm

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2012, 06:28:53 PM

I made a simple in-browser applet vanity address generator: http://nyhm.net/bitcoin/vanityaddr/

However, Java may prevent you from copying the private key from the applet, making it really difficult to save your address!

I may be able to fix this in a future version. Please consider a donation if interested. Thanks!

[Bitcoin Game List] ~ [BitcoinGalaxy.net Live Bitcoin Visualization] ~ [PotentialGames.com]
tiaguitah

Activity: 111

View Profile
August 12, 2012, 06:44:18 PM

I made a simple in-browser applet vanity address generator: http://nyhm.net/bitcoin/vanityaddr/

However, Java may prevent you from copying the private key from the applet, making it really difficult to save your address!

I may be able to fix this in a future version. Please consider a donation if interested. Thanks!

Asks for Java bah.

Nyhm

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2012, 07:15:46 PM

Asks for Java bah.

Yes, it's a Java applet, but I totally agree with your sentiments. Read the text on the page, in which I rant about the many issues with Java applets. I'll provide a download application version in the future. Thanks for your input.

[Bitcoin Game List] ~ [BitcoinGalaxy.net Live Bitcoin Visualization] ~ [PotentialGames.com]
MegaBrutal (OP)

Activity: 60

View Profile
August 12, 2012, 09:24:58 PM

Thanks for your suggestions! I included them in the OP so newbies find them more easily.

Yes, it's a Java applet, but I totally agree with your sentiments. Read the text on the page, in which I rant about the many issues with Java applets. I'll provide a download application version in the future. Thanks for your input.

My main concern is that a Java applet could easily send the private keys it generates to a central server to store... Don't get me wrong, I don't slander you for actually doing that, and I appreciate your work! I'm just talking in a general sense.

BTC: 18nAftZTnH4LjY9fPPow1aF5tGD1JiF7ZH
LTC: LV9MiA3iPVUm8qRFYbLkARuoYwvmHwhWaC

Buy some Negro candies!
Nyhm

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2012, 12:13:34 AM

Thanks for your suggestions! I included them in the OP so newbies find them more easily.

My main concern is that a Java applet could easily send the private keys it generates to a central server to store... Don't get me wrong, I don't slander you for actually doing that, and I appreciate your work! I'm just talking in a general sense.

Indeed! In fact, that's exactly what I talk about on the page itself. I promise it contains no known malicious code, but your concerns are entirely understandable. That's why I aim to create a download version, so folks can disconnect from the Internet and run it in a safe environment. Thanks for your feedback on that!

Nyhm

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 06:27:10 PM

UPDATE: Now my Java vanity address generator includes a download (GUI and command-line) edition!

physicist
Donator

Activity: 55
Merit: 3

the internet never sleeps

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 10:25:51 PM

Cool Java app.

Thanks beans.  Check for a donation from me.

signature campaigns annoy me.
Nyhm

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 11:29:52 PM

Cool Java app.

I'm always excited when bitcoins show up! You have my gratitude. (BTW, I changed my sig back to my general Nyhm address, but I _did_ get your coffee tip!)

edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2012, 12:05:14 AM

Cool Java app.

I'm always excited when bitcoins show up! You have my gratitude. (BTW, I changed my sig back to my general Nyhm address, but I _did_ get your coffee tip!)

Thanks for linking to BitBrew, Nhym! I'll PM you a coupon code in a minute for a discount off your next purchase in appreciation for the endorsement, as well as for your work for the community.

Still around.
nrb

Activity: 15

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 12:07:04 AM

Out of curiosity, what is the longest vanity address you guys have been able to generate? Addresses must get prohibitively difficult after 6-7 characters?
Nyhm

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2012, 12:26:01 AM

Thanks for linking to BitBrew, Nhym! I'll PM you a coupon code in a minute for a discount off your next purchase in appreciation for the endorsement, as well as for your work for the community.

I'm ecstatic (and will be double ecstatic when I partake of your coffee)! Please understand that I haven't used BitBrew yet, so I can't really endorse it, per se, but I was excited to find your site, since it combines two of my favorite things. Thanks for acknowledging my efforts. I'm still Bitcoin-poor, so a discount would be most appreciated.

Out of curiosity, what is the longest vanity address you guys have been able to generate? Addresses must get prohibitively difficult after 6-7 characters?

My Java vanity app(let) is admittedly slow. On my computer it peaks at about 70 addresses per second (no, not 70-Mega/s, just 70/s). It's entirely CPU based (no GPU). It ran overnight to get 1NYhM2pzT6PDfZyXbyFm3dVcoob4phrGc5 (but 1BEaNb2tVDH2a1P6bjFTa89zYvG7DX3NSn only took minutes). It's all just luck of the draw, but I've not yet done better than 4 (even allowing any position - not just firstbits).

JompinDox

Activity: 107

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 12:38:26 AM

I normally don't go on the crapper, but when I do, I mine 9-character vanity addresses, by hand.  Smiley

Tips? 1ELECeJompinDox61L73eAUyaWpe3Q5HZB
Down with socks!
xiano8494

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 08:47:44 AM

I got 1xiano.... in about 2 hours on a relatively poor GPU.
If you use vanityminer (64 bit if you can), you can use regular expressions.  Means you can search case sensitive and it doesn't have to be at the beginning (infact, I couldn't find a way to put it at the beginning)

Using regex
[Xx][Ii][Aa][Nn][Oo]
i found a match in about 5 mins, even with the lower rate of using RegEx.  Sadly you can only use CPU for this!

Alex
helloworld

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 09:27:53 AM

I couldn't find a way to put it at the beginning

Using regex
[Xx][Ii][Aa][Nn][Oo]

How about:

^1[Xx][Ii][Aa][Nn][Oo]
xiano8494

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 12:07:48 PM

Using regex
[Xx][Ii][Aa][Nn][Oo]

How about:

^1[Xx][Ii][Aa][Nn][Oo]

Sadly the program appears to ignore ^
I had tried:
^[Xx][Ii][Aa][Nn][Oo]
and I've just tried your suggestion (shortened to ^1[Xx][Ii])
and it output:
1LztLGfb5dWntB1XinGyET94coN4Zds3Fx
JompinDox

Activity: 107

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 06:06:32 PM

Using regex
[Xx][Ii][Aa][Nn][Oo]

How about:

^1[Xx][Ii][Aa][Nn][Oo]

Sadly the program appears to ignore ^
I had tried:
^[Xx][Ii][Aa][Nn][Oo]
and I've just tried your suggestion (shortened to ^1[Xx][Ii])
and it output:
1LztLGfb5dWntB1XinGyET94coN4Zds3Fx

Indeed ^1[Xx][Ii] doesn't do what you want in vanitygen. I once found a way to look for regexes at the beginning of an address (after much experimenting and delving into the source code) but I can't remember what the trick was for the hell of me... Sad  I may take another look at it if you're really interested.

Tips? 1ELECeJompinDox61L73eAUyaWpe3Q5HZB
Down with socks!
xiano8494

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 06:51:08 PM

I have mine now (ended up just waiting for an all lowercase one), and because using CPU is much slower and regex doesn't work in the ocl version I'm not sure it's any use to me. 

That said, other in the community may find it useful!  Often people couldn't care less about the capitalization, but would want it to be at the front of the address IMHO.

As a side note, I think the pooled mining would definitely benefit from that  (and I'll post in a more appropriate forum to that effect once it picks up that I've met the requirements)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: