Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:32:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Satoshi's coins will never hit the market  (Read 5349 times)
networthsigns

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:37:34 PM

It's trivial to keep track of 20,000 keys, any idiot could do it.

Oh yeh the ease in which you can keep 20,000 keys safe is not even worth talking about we all should know how easy it is.

A few posts above says if them coins start moving we are pretty screwed and have to agree with him that it would not be to great lol

I think he might the master satoshi might no longer be with us as that is where all evidence aims Sad

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 10:10:57 PM

No I'm not. You two just don't know what you're talking about nor what effect dumping a shit tonne of coins on the exchanges has on the price. It's you who doesn't understand how simple supply and demand works because you wouldn't be saying this and it has absolutely nothing to do with the 'robustness' of the system. Bitcoin will continue working fine but the price you pay for them will be significantly less.

I didn't say it wouldn't have an effect, I said using words like "catastrophic" and "disastrous" are an exaggeration and FUD.

And your reasoning and logic behind this is what exactly? You just sound ignorant when you call an opinion you disagree with 'fud'. How would dumping half a billion dollars worth of bitcoins on the market (or how ever many satoshi has) not have an effect? Do you think the price of bitcoin will still the same? No.

Please re-read my statements.  I never said it would "not have an effect".  I am merely trying to calm your language down.  If those coins move, it's not the end of the world.  Have faith in the system's creator that he would know how to use his coins without crashing the whole thing.
Deadstock

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 10:24:20 PM

Each wallet can have several receiving addresses. And I'm pretty sure you don't need a new private key for that.
I'm pretty sure I remember that this is even the default behavior from solo mining litecoins.
you are correct, even if u dont have a private key to the wallet you can input a sequence of seed words that can restore the entire wallet..at least in electrum this is how its done.
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 11:08:04 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2015, 11:20:20 PM by BitcoinFX

All of said 20,000 individual 50 BTC mined blocks would or could be to addresses on one single wallet.dat  i.e. you wouldn't even need to know any of the private keys.

On a single wallet.dat a new BTC address was created for every 50 BTC mined block, thus the notion that the coins were mined to unique "throwaway addresses" is false.

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
Odalv
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 11:16:45 PM

In Bitcoin, a private key is a 256-bit number.  It is 32 bytes.

20,000 private keys * 32 bytes = 640 000 bytes. ( 0.5 MB )

==
It is less amount of data than 1 block in blockchain
Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 11:33:48 PM

I don't think this article adequately explains why these coins would actually never hit the market. It basically ends with a "well, they haven't moved yet so why would they now?"
Peter Sm.

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 12:36:27 PM

Evidence suggests his ~1 million BTC were mined into throwaway addresses:
https://bitscan.com/articles/satoshis-millions-gone-for-good

Bitcoin's creator(s) is (are) smart enough so if he/they would spend some of coins they can do it OTC market.
KennyR

Activity: 2282
Merit: 532

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 01:36:23 PM

We can't say that holdings of Satoshi hasn't hit the market. Till date we don't know exactly the holdings that belongs to Satoshi. With some data a wallet is termed to be his own wallet. Upon the same we can't conclude he hasn't got any other wallets. There is more chances for the bitcoin to hit the market than being idle in a wallet.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Cassius (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2019, 10:20:45 PM

We can't say that holdings of Satoshi hasn't hit the market. Till date we don't know exactly the holdings that belongs to Satoshi. With some data a wallet is termed to be his own wallet. Upon the same we can't conclude he hasn't got any other wallets. There is more chances for the bitcoin to hit the market than being idle in a wallet.

Actually there's some good research into Satoshi's mining activities. It's very compelling and the coins haven't moved.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1129

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 10:50:20 PM

Actually there's some good research into Satoshi's mining activities. It's very compelling and the coins haven't moved.
I highly believe that the public doesnt even know the entire number of wallet possession of satoshi. There are a few numbers shown

but we can see that the coins werent moved yet as of now.We dont know if those wallets are already lost or just being reserved to be spent
by its owner.

Also,i dont see why people are really eager to know if those coins will move or not yet the founder/owner do had the full rights on how he
gonna spend up his money but somehow seeing those coins moved does shows or prove out that satoshi is just watching his own creation and
the entire crypto community.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: