Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:19:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is our moderator Mprep a XMR fanboy??  (Read 1543 times)
gnargnar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1111
Merit: 1000

crypto-enthusiast since 2012

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 01:23:56 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2015, 07:00:04 PM by gnargnar

hey all,

after weeks of gathering clues of moderation behavior, threads closed and moved, etc... My conclusion is that our moderator here, mprep, is a Monero fanboy  Undecided
We really can see him slacking when it's xmr propaganda or that there are multiple non-sense attacks on xmr competitors..

do you agree?  please reply fast before this thread get removed   Angry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GTO911

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 01:32:10 PM

Haha, everyone is obsessed or scared of Monero here
othe

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 01:56:24 PM

Well well well,
as even Theymos talked good about Monero, i think you should run and hide.

othe

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 02:04:48 PM

Why should they, this is like the Truman show and you are the candidate.
You are here for our personal entertainment.

MisterGreen

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 04:17:50 PM

I know what the reason will it be to close / delete this thread by our mod, it's his favorite one "pointless"! Cheesy
Joshuar

Activity: 504

eidoo wallet

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 05:14:44 PM

No, the reason why is probably because most Monero based threads are actually made for the purpose of discussion(Excluding threads made by trolls to troll Monero). I'm looking at this from an outsiders perspective, look at the other threads in this section and tell me what you see.

First thing I see is a thread advertising leocoin and saying "buy leocoin" in it. That's obviously not for good discussion and etc etc. Mods do their jobs and delete threads that are built just to spam or troll, simple, and a hell of a lot of threads are made just to spam or troll.

Threads with actual discussions in it, no matter how positive or vice versa are the ones that stay because that's what's supposed to be in a forum. This isn't 4chan...

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 05:55:26 PM

Everyone on this forum is a biased shill, mods especially included

othe

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 08:34:33 PM

You can recognize a Monero shill based on these two criteria:
a. the way they constantly talk about Monero
b. the way they constantly talk about how they're not shills.

Anybody including Smooth, Smoothie Orange Smoothie, POG Smoothie, whoever... are all shills. You'd have to be an idiot not to know this unless you just opened your account in the last few hours.

Monero sucks. It was a poorly-designed Ponzi scheme meant to appeal to the absolute dumbest of the cryptocurrency community.

Mostly they hit up the children of rich people to keep the "business in operation." And lets not kid ourselves: their only "business" is trying to amass money for their personal gain regardless of how much deceiptful shit they have to do to get their.

In summation, Monero sucks, its going no where because it hasn't actually proved that it can contribute shit to society. And if you buy it, well you will definitely remember these words as your BTC turns into dust, literally.

tl;dr my name is nutildah and i own darkcoins: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=487409.msg6446404#msg6446404

GTO911

Activity: 672

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 08:35:39 PM

Says the darkshill
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 09:56:21 PM

Moved to Meta as this is discussion about moderation.

hey all,

after weeks of gathering clues of moderation behavior, threads closed and moved, etc... My conclusion is that our moderator here, mprep, is a Monero fanboy  Undecided
We really can see him slacking when it's xmr propaganda or that there are multiple non-sense attacks on xmr competitors..

Sorry, was too busy cleaning up the Darkcoin thread from off-topic Monero discussion. To be honest, I have no interest in Monero aside for a general interest that I have in any larger or somewhat innovative altcoin.

Haha, everyone is obsessed or scared of Monero here
Not really.

hey all,

We really can see i'm slacking when it's xmr propaganda or that there are multiple non-sense attacks on xmr competitors..

He is, yes indeed.. he only deletes other threads, but not the Bitcoin brother altcoin Monero ones
Altcoin section was once "Un Moderated" once we had this troll fiasco with XMR Monero they quickly made it moderated.

This alone should you tell you something.
I delete any thread that breaks the rules stated here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0. Just because there are more Monero users that happen to post non-advertisement posts about the coin doesn't mean I don't delete any Monero posts at all.

Also, it was always moderated (by patrollers, global mods and admins) just loosely. I was assigned as a dedicated moderator before the spam wave of Monero posts.

I don't look at the coin, I look at the content.

Well well well,

Never seen any theymos' posts relating to it but I could be wrong.

Well well well,

I give a fuck about that, i told them long time ago.. if they don't like me they should ban me.
We don't ban by opinion, we ban by the rules. If I banned by opinion, there'd be quite a few people to ban.

I know what the reason will it be to close / delete this thread by our mod, it's his favorite one "pointless"! Cheesy
Well, coin advertising threads are pointless as they bring nothing to the forum aside from duplicate spam and clutter on the altcoin discussion main page.

No, the reason why is probably because most Monero based threads are actually made for the purpose of discussion(Excluding threads made by trolls to troll Monero). I'm looking at this from an outsiders perspective, look at the other threads in this section and tell me what you see.

First thing I see is a thread advertising leocoin and saying "buy leocoin" in it. That's obviously not for good discussion and etc etc. Mods do their jobs and delete threads that are built just to spam or troll, simple, and a hell of a lot of threads are made just to spam or troll.

Threads with actual discussions in it, no matter how positive or vice versa are the ones that stay because that's what's supposed to be in a forum. This isn't 4chan...
This. Although there are spammers on every coin.

Everyone on this forum is a biased shill, mods especially included
> delete his ad spam.
> pm's me demanding to put his thread back while swearing at me
> threatens he has friends in high positions that will kick me out of staff
> months pass, nothing happens
> see his alt complaining about bias several times
> think of publishing pm discussion for the lolz

Grin

You can recognize a Monero shill based on these two criteria:
a. the way they constantly talk about Monero
b. the way they constantly talk about how they're not shills.

Anybody including Smooth, Smoothie Orange Smoothie, POG Smoothie, whoever... are all shills. You'd have to be an idiot not to know this unless you just opened your account in the last few hours.

Monero sucks. It was a poorly-designed Ponzi scheme meant to appeal to the absolute dumbest of the cryptocurrency community.

Mostly they hit up the children of rich people to keep the "business in operation." And lets not kid ourselves: their only "business" is trying to amass money for their personal gain regardless of how much deceiptful shit they have to do to get their.

In summation, Monero sucks, its going no where because it hasn't actually proved that it can contribute shit to society. And if you buy it, well you will definitely remember these words as your BTC turns into dust, literally.
Please continue the discussion in a separate thread as the topic of this one is bashing me. Wink

EDIT: P.S. That's mprep, with a lower case m, as it was intended that way.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 11:04:36 PM

This is not how to make your point.

You need to create several/half a dozen new topics consisting of the words "abusing moderator status" and "dickhead" along with his name and several exclamation points!!!!  Don't feel restricted to the Meta section - there is also Scam Accusations and Off Topic.

Mods can legally go to jail if they delete threads with their name in the title.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 01:59:09 AM

This is not how to make your point.

You need to create several/half a dozen new topics consisting of the words "abusing moderator status" and "dickhead" along with his name and several exclamation points!!!!  Don't feel restricted to the Meta section - there is also Scam Accusations and Off Topic.

Mods can legally go to jail if they delete threads with their name in the title.

we should add a "hire assassin" subforum  Smiley Grin

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 05:16:30 AM

Moderators are quite neutral on alt coin matters. It would be blaringly obvious if mprep was favoring XMR threads, and Theymos would have brought it up to him loooooooong ago. Moderators can be fans of certain coins and still follow the rules without bias.

*edit*
Keep in mind Theymos is a bright guy, and he doesn't know moderators personally, there is constant review of actions made by moderators, so any signs of abuse are generally caught before anyone notices (although I honestly can't think of any cases where that has been the case) I know that I once made a lot of edits/deletes to a thread, and Theymos sent me a PM asking for an explanation of my actions.
Swandeli

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 01:12:08 AM
Last edit: March 26, 2015, 01:24:49 AM by Swandeli

It's weird to see BCX commenting on altcoins. He favors blatant scam or crapcoins such as Goldcoin, Digitalcoin, Maxcoin all of which are centralized scams and group mined by their developers, yet bashes on altcoins that suprisingly do "good" and with integrity - there's only one of which I've seen so far and yes it's monero - , in a sea of filth, scams, and general trash. It's almost as if he's scared of some coins rising to prominence. It's either this guy is a villian who wants all cryptocurrencies to perish by supporting the worst(and using reverse psych to make it seem like hes doing a "good thing"), a troll, or a retard.

Can't tell, I for one, wish he didn't support Bitcoin. Next thing you know BCX is gonna be saying "BTC is dead" just like all those other trolls to try and "game the market" in his favor.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: