Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:02:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Beats Headphones Cost $14 to Make  (Read 1520 times)
cooldgamer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

We are the champions of the night

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 07:41:24 PM

A perfect example of why you can sell anything if you market it good enough.  You can find $50 headphones that sound just as good, but everybody wants the name.

http://allhiphop.com/2014/05/13/dr-dres-beats-by-dre-cost-an-estimated-14-to-make/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jeff Chang

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 07:45:09 PM

I think with most things you're paying for the brand. Nike/Adidas/Gucci t-shirts probably cost cents to make but sell for $30-200 or something. Dr Dre was just a genius at marketing these things by getting celebs to wear them - free advertising and it paid of. Now he's half a billionaire because of it. Fair play to him.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 08:15:50 PM

People are this stupid all the time, what do you expect? I believe in paying for quality, but I always do my research first and find out about the manufcaturer and where they get their stuff from. We had a horsemeat scandal in the UK if you guys remember that, exact same thing, everyone saw the brand, looked at the price and then bought it without even stopping to think where all that cheap meat was coming from.

Yeah, I'm not about to hate on the guy for making money out of these people, it's their stupidity that allowed him to get rich in the first place.
anshar

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 08:23:37 PM

I personally bought Beats headphones. The new Mixr ones, all black. Here's what I have to say:

They're shit. They have little support, and they make my ears hurt. I own around 5 other headphones (music fan Tongue), and none else have any problems. The sound quality is decent, and the bass is good, which I like. If I didn't get these cheap on eBay, I would've been pissed.

Don't buy them. Go with Sony, etc.
dude_threat

Activity: 48

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 01:55:39 AM

classic f-ing junk... this stuff makes me sick! GREED FUELS ALL
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 02:35:07 AM

Personally I never understood the beats craze.  But at university there are some people that use them as a fashion statement more then headphones.

I personally like quality at a cheaper price, and not wearing a banner across my head for a company.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 02:49:28 AM

Personally I never understood the beats craze.  But at university there are some people that use them as a fashion statement more then headphones.

I personally like quality at a cheaper price, and not wearing a banner across my head for a company.

Doesn't really count as "fashion" either.
anshar

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 02:51:17 AM

What's funny is sometimes I see teenagers around my neighbourhood wearing fake beats around their neck. I searched them up and their a couple dollars from China.

I think that's funny.
Bubbsandbubbs3

Activity: 267
Merit: 252

Squirtle squirt.

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 03:20:23 AM

Beats are uncomfortable and horrible. I buy $1 headphones at the store with just as good quality. (They always break within a month tho lol)

darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 03:44:58 AM

This isn't the only headphone brand that does it. There's a company called skullcandy that also makes such overpriced shit popular among street kids.
Not many people actually buy akg or shure to show off. Fashion...

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
cramved

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 04:06:44 AM

It annoys me that the bad products get all the attention! I wish that the companies that make the good products like senheiser and shure would get some attention so people could actually find a taste for good audio quality.
Rampton

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 08:24:20 AM

We had a horsemeat scandal in the UK if you guys remember that, exact same thing, everyone saw the brand, looked at the price and then bought it without even stopping to think where all that cheap meat was coming from.

That's a little different, though. With that scandal it was the abattoirs & meat processing plants that were cutting corners by using cheaper horsemeat to replace the beef or whatever and thought they could get away with it. Everyone was duped by their coin from the supermarkets to the customers. Nobody really knows what's in any of their food so that's why tighter regulations are needed in my opinion.

I personally bought Beats headphones. The new Mixr ones, all black. Here's what I have to say:

They're shit. They have little support, and they make my ears hurt. I own around 5 other headphones (music fan Tongue), and none else have any problems. The sound quality is decent, and the bass is good, which I like. If I didn't get these cheap on eBay, I would've been pissed.

Don't buy them. Go with Sony, etc.

Are you sure they're not fake? These sound like complaints of the cheaper knock-off versions, though Beats headphones are notoriously bass-heavy.

Personally I never understood the beats craze.  But at university there are some people that use them as a fashion statement more then headphones.

Doesn't really count as "fashion" either.

Why not? It's just like a fashion accessory, but useable. No different to wearing a hat or headband or something. People quite clearly do only wear them for the fashion / brand even if they wont admit it.

5000Bitcoins

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 01:43:25 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2015, 02:07:02 PM by 5000Bitcoins

A perfect example of why you can sell anything if you market it good enough.  You can find $50 headphones that sound just as good, but everybody wants the name.

http://allhiphop.com/2014/05/13/dr-dres-beats-by-dre-cost-an-estimated-14-to-make/

I agree! Beats by Dr Dre success is a result of genius marketing to the point where people are paying a lot mostly because of the brand. General consensus today is that these are the headphones to have. Ofcourse, there are better or similar quality headphones to be had for less cost, but at the end of the day it's about if most of the customers are happy with their Beats, be it the brand or the quality, they will buy it.

Personally, I admire Beats by Dr Dre because they have a good piece of business, and also I have thought about how you would go at marketing headphones and I really come up with nothing unless I would be famous or have a person of authority with me when it comes to sound.

Beats by Dr Dre are able to have these margins because they are the benchmark of headphones, and because they own a huge marketshare they can charge nearly whatever they want. Anyone trying to undercut them, or sell somewhat quality headphones for cheap, most customers will now think these products are bad because of their low price. All of this is a result of marketing, and it is not exclusive to this market, for example cosmetics comes to mind where good marketing from a famous person can create high demand on incredibly cheap products because of said famous person backing it usually leads to a desirable brand.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 05:30:34 PM

That's a little different, though. With that scandal it was the abattoirs & meat processing plants that were cutting corners by using cheaper horsemeat to replace the beef or whatever and thought they could get away with it. Everyone was duped by their coin from the supermarkets to the customers. Nobody really knows what's in any of their food so that's why tighter regulations are needed in my opinion.

I don't really think it is different, sure the circumstances were different and the style of corruption, but in reality if they had thought a bit instead of being semi-conscious consumers as people almost always fucking are and buying up the stuff without thinking about it that wouldn't have happened to them.

Say what you will about the Marxists, but Marx had a point about consumer culture, especially in western countries, people are being brought up to buy shit without thinking about it.
Rampton

Activity: 525

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 08:36:46 AM

Personally, I admire Beats by Dr Dre because they have a good piece of business, and also I have thought about how you would go at marketing headphones and I really come up with nothing unless I would be famous or have a person of authority with me when it comes to sound.

They market them by getting famous people to wear them. Firstly Dre will get all his artists to wear them in public and in their videos likely for free (Eminem 50 Cent etc), then they will give them out to other artists for free in the hope they wear them out in public. Then they pay other artists and athletes to wear them and that has a knock on effect as it's seen as cool and the new brand to have and it spirals from there. I remember seeing a video of the Manchester United squad getting off their coach before a game and pretty much every other player had a pair or beats headphones around their neck. Just look at all the pop videos too. From Jessie J to Nicki Minaj they always feature beats headphones or products prominently.

zetaray

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 10:44:28 AM

But at university there are some people that use them as a fashion statement more then headphones.

Yes. A know a lot of people who bought Beats because they like the red cables. They think they look cool and is a conversation starter. If you are serious about music and sound quality, Shure is a much better choice.

.CryptoTotal.com.
                              l█████████▇▀
                              ████████▇▀
                              ███████▇▀
                              ██████▇▀
                              █████▇▀
                              ████▇▀
                              ███▇▀
                              ██▇▀
                              █▇▀
                              ▇▀
▇▇
▇▇

Express.Crypto.Checkout
Accepts Multiple Cryptos
Worldwide Shipping
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 12:00:13 PM

I just bought one a week ago , now i feel i paid more for it Sad
j.jaymes

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 04:14:47 PM

Takes a lot to stamp your name on a brand. Thats why they cost so much. But I aint buying, so hats off to those that are.

cramved

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 04:08:46 AM

To find the cost of the product you also have to factor in how much they are spending on marketing those suckers by paying the NFL and music artists to say they are good.
calme

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 06:25:55 PM

It's interesting that Shure and AKG got props yet no one has mentioned Sennheisers.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: