Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:17:35 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitshares is DEAD  (Read 5589 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
GTO911 (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 08:09:00 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2015, 08:14:30 PM by GTO911

Quote from: inarizushi
It appears that shorts cannot be bought unless they have the highest interest rate in the whole short list. No matter the price limit of the short with the highest interest rate. Someone put a 50% interest rate short order on bitBTC at 60000 BTS/bitBTC, and it seems to be impossible to short BTS for a lower interest rate.

I have done only two tests, but I have been unable to buy my own shorts.

This is an absolute emergency
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 08:10:18 PM

Thank you for this friendly update.
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 08:19:27 PM

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
StanLarimer

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 09:53:12 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2015, 10:50:22 PM by StanLarimer

Heh.  That little bug was squashed over a day before the OP.  Old news.

Pegs are tracking beautifully.  Nice try.

I do rather like the image of an unstoppable freight train though...

dhimasnk

Activity: 546

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 10:05:14 PM

Bitshare scam? when I had a few coins in my wallet.
Thank you for your information!

BUY LOW/SELL HIGH
24/7 TRADING BOT  GUNBOT  THE AUTOMATIC PROFIT GENERATOR FOR POLONIEX
LIMITED EDITION NOW AVAILABLE FOR KRAKEN AND BITTREX  My bitcoin address: 37xyZGoqmkeTTatsWcnFJS4iL4xdE4Cuia + wex.nz codes at Peermarketer@gmail.com
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 11:24:42 PM

Heh.  That little bug was squashed over a day before the OP.  Old news.

Pegs are tracking beautifully.  Nice try.

"Pegs are tracking beautifully" my ass.  bitUSD is trading at 87 cents.  Are you willing to compensate the individuals who lose money?

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
StanLarimer

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 11:27:56 PM

No, there's a bug in coinmarketcap's feed which is misleading
but on the blockchain itself there is a nice
~ $12,000 buy wall at .99

But, I told you that already on the other thread.

HalFinneysBrain

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 11:29:35 PM

Bug has been fixed and will be in the next release.  (This bug already caused the price to drop like 20%, its been priced in).

Also, coinmarketcap routinely has bugs in the prices of tons of coins.  The price of bitUSD is actually within 1% of $1.00. 
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 11:33:12 PM

Gee... I wonder who put that there.  When you run out of funds to prop up the market then what will happen?

StanLarimer

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 11:40:17 PM

Gee... I wonder who put that there.  When you run out of funds to prop up the market then what will happen?

Lots of natural demand for stability in a down market.
This has turned out to be a great robustness demo for BitAssets in general.
Amazing.

Smiley

DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 05:16:37 AM

Amazing.

Smiley

Yep, -14% in one day and the other day -10%.  Amazing alright.  Maybe when this Bitshares(TM) scheme is up, you can steal from the legally retarded.

chryspano
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:21:54 AM

Amazing.

Smiley

Yep, -14% in one day and the other day -10%.  Amazing alright.  Maybe when this Bitshares(TM) scheme is up, you can steal from the legally retarded.

We already know you are a lying Troll...

nomoreheroes7

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

King of all the land

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 02:58:51 PM

The OP in the link you posted says the problem was solved. Looks like you're confusing "DEAD" with "Alive & Kicking".

Tongue
TinEye

Activity: 639

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 04:11:50 PM

The OP in the link you posted says the problem was solved. Looks like you're confusing "DEAD" with "Alive & Kicking".

Tongue

That is hardly the main concern. BTS have been going down and down and is now almost half the price of NXT when a few months back it was the same. Personally I am glad I managed to sell at a decent time.

BTS had potential, but greed killed it.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
chryspano
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 04:32:56 PM

Tongue

That is hardly the main concern. BTS have been going down and down and is now almost half the price of NXT when a few months back it was the same. Personally I am glad I managed to sell at a decent time.

BTS had potential, but greed killed it.

I remember bitcoin too going down and down... to less than $3 and some people like you claiming all the time how "smart" and "wisely" they acted by selling at $3 $4 $7 $10 $20 lying and fooling to themselves that bitcoin was dead...

you know what happened next!
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 07:41:04 PM

Amazing.

Smiley

Yep, -14% in one day and the other day -10%.  Amazing alright.  Maybe when this Bitshares(TM) scheme is up, you can steal from the legally retarded.

We already know you are a lying Troll...

I was referring to the price of BTS not your fraudulent "bitAssets".

HalFinneysBrain

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:56:08 PM

Oh really?  So when you made the following post:

"Pegs are tracking beautifully" my ass.  bitUSD is trading at 87 cents.  Are you willing to compensate the individuals who lose money?

You weren't talking about the price of bitassets?

Might I note that bitUSD is once again within 1% of $1.00 again, now that things are fixed. 

Bitshares is in a downtrend, thats obvious.  Please show me a crypto thats never had a downtrend.  So many people seem to think that if a crypto goes down, then 'its a scam'.  Is bitcoin a scam because it went from $30 to $2, or from $1200 to $150? 

It seems that to some people if a developer gets any benefit at all out of creating a cryptocurrency, then "its a scam".  What did Bytemaster get out of creating Bitshares?  A salary for the past year that is less than what someone of his talent could get working at a software company?  How does that make it a scam?  If the devs wanted the money they would have taken stable gobs at google instead of inventing bitshares. 

It is true that it some other coins, devs work for free and get no compensation.  This is not a sustainable situation.  One should not have to starve to death or be independently wealthy in order to work on developing this new technology sector.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 10:00:36 PM

OP stop being butt hurt for no reason.. you can buy bitshares cheaper than anytime before and you wont regret it. It's absolutely going to be one of the few at the top of the market caps in a few years. I'm going to do as much as I can do help with that in terms of software development myself.. as many others are..
box0211

Activity: 165
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 10:39:36 PM

can someone explain why this was an issue to bitshares? people were able to sell bitUSD for cheaper?
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 12:16:04 AM
Last edit: March 26, 2015, 05:55:40 AM by DecentralizeEconomics

Oh really?  So when you made the following post:

"Pegs are tracking beautifully" my ass.  bitUSD is trading at 87 cents.  Are you willing to compensate the individuals who lose money?

You weren't talking about the price of bitassets?

Might I note that bitUSD is once again within 1% of $1.00 again, now that things are fixed.  

There I was referring to the price of your fraudulent "bitAssets" which are really derivatives contracts, but which Bitshares(TM), the company, insists on tricking people into believing that they're actual "assets".

Amazing.

Smiley

There I was referring to the "shares which are worth only pennies" released by Bitshares(TM), the company, which according to Stan Larimer, the head of operations at Bitshares(TM), the company, give shareholders the power to elect delegates which are just like directors on the board of a company.

Bitshares is in a downtrend, thats obvious.  Please show me a crypto thats never had a downtrend.  So many people seem to think that if a crypto goes down, then 'its a scam'.  Is bitcoin a scam because it went from $30 to $2, or from $1200 to $150?  

It seems that to some people if a developer gets any benefit at all out of creating a cryptocurrency, then "its a scam".  What did Bytemaster get out of creating Bitshares?  A salary for the past year that is less than what someone of his talent could get working at a software company?  How does that make it a scam?  If the devs wanted the money they would have taken stable gobs at google instead of inventing bitshares.  

It is true that it some other coins, devs work for free and get no compensation.  This is not a sustainable situation.  One should not have to starve to death or be independently wealthy in order to work on developing this new technology sector.

Imo, it's a scam because they are intentionally trying to convince people their derivatives contracts are better than their real, physical counterparts and I quote, "Safer than a Swiss bank account".  The mass majority of individuals are not savvy enough to know that "bitAssets" are really derivatives and they will lose money from it.  Imo, Dan, Stan, and the whole Bitshares(TM), the company, team know this and are using people's lack of knowledge against them to make a quick buck at their expense.  Imo, this is highly unethical and against everything crypto is supposed to represent.  The good thing is that no matter what I or anybody else does Bitshares will blow itself up and that will stop it from hurting other people.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: