Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:41:40 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitshares is DEAD  (Read 5589 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 02:38:42 AM

I just discovered this thread.

Bitshares is not 'dead'. It is in fact one of the most perfect creations of crypto.

If anyone can come up with a better financial model for a crypto peg then post it before posting crap like "bitshares is dead".

StanLarimer

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 04:15:27 PM

Another modest "Proof of Life"...

StanLarimer

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 04:26:35 PM

BitShares supporters who cared enough to show us where they live...

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 07:26:43 PM

Let the Darwinian competition continue.

Darwin theory is wrong. This world has been existing for 7.5 kiloyears only. Bones of dinosaurs and other stuff was placed there by Satana to test us.

Sorry, I didn't resist the temptation to troll in a thread created by a troll.
dasource

Activity: 821
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 08:08:17 PM

Let the Darwinian competition continue.

Darwin theory is wrong. This world has been existing for 7.5 kiloyears only. Bones of dinosaurs and other stuff was placed there by Satana to test us.

Sorry, I didn't resist the temptation to troll in a thread created by a troll.

Oh no the nightmares!

^ I am with STUPID!
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 08:34:25 PM

Satana

English (I used Russian) variant of this name needs one "a" less, read it as "Satan".

PS: Satana, Satan, Stan... hm...
Daedelus

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 08:35:20 PM

I though you meant Santa.
goosoodude

Activity: 584

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 10:25:01 PM

If you follow the github commits, you will see that the project is vibrant and having rapid development. In fact, it has accelerated which makes the sentiment surprising.

The price is poor but more often it behaves irrationally.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

StanLarimer

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 11:28:37 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2015, 11:54:27 PM by StanLarimer

There are many factors that affect price in the young and often illiquid crypto markets.  These include deliberate disinformation, rumors, speculation, outright manipulation and inexperienced investors making superficial decisions to buy and sell at all the wrong times based on what they see the herd doing.

This is all fine, but if you are investing, not gambling, then you will be most successful if you do your homework and thoroughly understand the leadership, developers, technology, businesses, and supporting community behind each investment.

Predicting where a rocket will be at sometime in the future does not have much to do with its current position.  The more derivatives you look at (velocity, acceleration, etc.) and the better understanding of outside forces (like thrust and drag and gravity and bugs on the windshield) you have, the better your prediction will be.

Market cap = position which is a imperfect lagging indicator reflecting what real and imaginary forces have acted on an asset in the past.  There is no substitute for doing your homework to understanding the forces that are currently acting on the asset you are considering.

Most amateur FUD is just bugs on the windshield.

Knowledge and understanding are the ultimate proof of work.

sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 03:30:05 AM

Cryptosmith.info
Bitsharesdemo.com
HalFinneysBrain

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 03:58:57 AM

In this thread: the OP looks silly for thinking that a temporary bug which was fixed before the thread was even posted meant that a coin wit ha vibrant community is 'dead'.
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 09:08:33 PM

There are many factors that affect price in the young and often illiquid crypto markets.  These include deliberate disinformation, rumors, speculation, outright manipulation and inexperienced investors making superficial decisions to buy and sell at all the wrong times based on what they see the herd doing.

This is all fine, but if you are investing, not gambling, then you will be most successful if you do your homework and thoroughly understand the leadership, developers, technology, businesses, and supporting community behind each investment.

Predicting where a rocket will be at sometime in the future does not have much to do with its current position.  The more derivatives you look at (velocity, acceleration, etc.) and the better understanding of outside forces (like thrust and drag and gravity and bugs on the windshield) you have, the better your prediction will be.

Market cap = position which is a imperfect lagging indicator reflecting what real and imaginary forces have acted on an asset in the past.  There is no substitute for doing your homework to understanding the forces that are currently acting on the asset you are considering.

Ya man, this is a truly sophisticated scam with professional grade deception and misdirection.

When an intelligent man crosses the street via the North Pole... all the alarms should go off..
Instead of building a trivial futures market to hedge Bitcoin... the Larimers build Frankenstein....
Because it's Frankenstien that transfers millions of $$$ from idiots to the Larimers and their insider buddies.

And you wonder why I know Feds run this place.

The imminent flood of crypto ETFs complete with options markets will render hedging with Frankenstein moot....
And, personally, I don't see much difference between the soon-to-be-indicted Josh Garza and the Larimers.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 10:02:22 PM

Ya man, this is a truly sophisticated scam with professional grade deception and misdirection.

When an intelligent man crosses the street via the North Pole... all the alarms should go off..
Instead of building a trivial futures market to hedge Bitcoin... the Larimers build Frankenstein....
Because it's Frankenstien that transfers millions of $$$ from idiots to the Larimers and their insider buddies.

The imminent flood of crypto ETFs complete with options markets will render hedging with Frankenstein moot....
And, personally, I don't see much difference between the soon-to-be-indicted Josh Garza and the Larimers.

Too man drugs for you man
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 10:30:03 PM

Because it's Frankenstien that transfers millions of $$$ from idiots to the Larimers, their insider buddies and the Chinese Communists.

Exactly.  I couldn't have said it better myself.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: