Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:28:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is hijacking a thread illegal?  (Read 866 times)
Reynaldo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1143
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 08:39:09 PM

I've seen a couple of posts, mainly in the service area. People posting on other people post advertising their product (hijacking). Should I report this behavior after seeing it or just let it go ?

I've done a search and didnt find anything about this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
abyrnes81

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 08:41:17 PM

I've seen a couple of posts, mainly in the service area. People posting on other people post advertising their product (hijacking). Should I report this behavior after seeing it or just let it go ?

I've done a search and didnt find anything about this.

I don't think it is against the forum rules but if you think it is not correct report those posts with the report to moderator button.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 08:45:17 PM

If someone is trying to sell a service in a particular thread and then someone else posts a link to a competing service that would not be okay. That would not only be unprofessional but the post would be off topic and should be deleted.

If however there is a thread soliciting a particular service then someone advertised a very similar service on a thread then it should be okay as it would be relivant to what is being discussed. 
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 09:23:05 PM

What you mentioned would break 2 rules: ad spam and off-topic. As such, advertising your or any other similar service that competes should be reported by using the "Report to moderator" link at the bottom right of the post.

See the list of rules in the sticky of the Meta board: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0

pagalwana

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 08:00:31 AM

its considered bad yet not illegal i think so.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ THIS IS NOT A FRAUD ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TRADINGUSEFUL INFOPROFIT                 SUCCESS BITCOIN TRADING                 ►TRADINGUSEFUL INFOPROFIT
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ We Earn 9.3% Per Day And Give You Up To 6.6% ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 08:12:31 AM

I consider you still have to read the sticky forum rules, here. Please do a favour to yourself and start reading them, ASAP.
By the while, If you had read the above post from mprep - a Mod here - you may had known that the practice highlighted by OP is not allowed here.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
pagalwana

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 08:14:25 AM

I consider you still have to read the sticky forum rules, here. Please do a favour to yourself and start reading them, ASAP.
By the while, If you had read the above post from mprep - a Mod here - you may had known that the practice highlighted by OP is not allowed here.

Yes i am reading the rules and i never post hijacking posts so i dont have to worry Sad

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ THIS IS NOT A FRAUD ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TRADINGUSEFUL INFOPROFIT                 SUCCESS BITCOIN TRADING                 ►TRADINGUSEFUL INFOPROFIT
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ We Earn 9.3% Per Day And Give You Up To 6.6% ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 08:35:50 AM

It is not against the rules and I have seen these immature people who try to promote their website/product and sell it on threads created by others. I reported few posts earlier but nothing happened. You just need to create a SELF MODERATED topic so that you can just deleted those immature posts.

Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2198

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 08:49:47 AM

As mprep said, it's not allowed and I remove every post that does this (if I can of course, else I report it).

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀