Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:30:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Official Thread] Case - Multi-Signature Hardware Wallet  (Read 4419 times)
bearda

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 07:58:48 PM

Still no luck as I've tried to update.  I've started the process about 8 times here in my office (with a fine signal on my GSM phone, no way of checking how the signal is according to the device) but every time it's gotten less than half way before seeming shutting off.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 08:41:06 PM

Still no luck as I've tried to update.  I've started the process about 8 times here in my office (with a fine signal on my GSM phone, no way of checking how the signal is according to the device) but every time it's gotten less than half way before seeming shutting off.

Have you left the Case on the charging pad while updating?

bearda

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 01:24:43 AM

Yup.  I left it on the charging pad all day as I kept trying updates.  No luck.
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 03:45:21 PM

Case has another firmware update now to 1.1.3.

gavrilo

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 05:02:37 AM

Case has another firmware update now to 1.1.3.

I found how to proceed in updating to 1.1.3 version on the Quick Start Guide in Case's box
"If an update is available for your device, you can install it by powering on the device while holding the Confirm (V) button...then you have to keep it on the charger until update is complete."

Is there an update's list with new features released for each update? For example: what's new in 1.1.3 release?
Can you provide a link?
When will you introduce balance view on Case?
It is almost useless if you cannot read the bitcoins balance on it... Embarrassed Sad
Let me know, please
Regards
gavriloBTC

Alley
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 02:43:21 AM

Whats up with the delay in production?
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2015, 03:11:44 AM

You can always check the balance of your Case Wallet at https://dashboard.choosecase.com/. If you think about it, displaying balance on the device itself may not be desired by all users who prefer to keep that information private. Customer support mentioned to me that a new production run was planned for January 2016.

HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 03:10:16 PM

Project is nice, I think multi signature wallet need fast transaction time with network - like MultiWallet - this is very important  Grin
bearda

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 01:02:37 PM

You can always check the balance of your Case Wallet at https://dashboard.choosecase.com/. If you think about it, displaying balance on the device itself may not be desired by all users who prefer to keep that information private. Customer support mentioned to me that a new production run was planned for January 2016.

I'm not sure I follow your line of reasoning.  If you have the device in your hand (and can bypass the fingerprint scanner) you have pretty much full control over the bitcoins in the wallet. It seems really odd to me you could transfer coins out of the wallet but no see how many there are.  I'm having a hard time coming up with a scenario where I would be more concerned about someone being able to see how many bitcoins I had in a wallet than being able to transfer them all to their own account.

Checking via the website is an option IF you have a device on you with a separate network connection.  As a standalone device isn't Case supposed to remove the dependency on having something else connected to the Internet?
GetClams.com

Activity: 179
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 09:13:46 PM

I see a lot of potential here. Would like more info on the players/company.  Great video.
Alley
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 03:06:46 AM

Why is it taking so long for the second production run?  Are you guys that got the first run happy with the product?
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 02:23:25 PM

Why is it taking so long for the second production run?  Are you guys that got the first run happy with the product?

I would say I am satisfied with my wallet. Not super amazed or anything, but I do not regret my purchase. My biggest complaint so far would be how hard it seems to be to update the device, and the general slowness of new features. For example I spoke with support and they told me they were planning on adding fingerswipe and/or pin number before sending. They told me this months ago, but I have heard anything since.
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 11:27:50 PM

Why is it taking so long for the second production run?  Are you guys that got the first run happy with the product?

Mine works fine. Case just sent me an email that they have received a new batch and you can order from the website again.

Alley
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 12:23:28 AM

Is your receiving address always the same or is it one of those wallets that it changes after you receive a payment?
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 01:56:12 PM

Is your receiving address always the same or is it one of those wallets that it changes after you receive a payment?

Changes after you receive a payment
Alley
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 09:17:22 PM

I dont understand how that works.  If i recieve 5 different payments in a day do the move a 2nd time to a different adress for spending?
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2017, 02:06:19 AM

It looks like Case has stopped pushing firmware updates to their hardware wallet, which pretty much makes it unusable as fees are set way too low. I got an email from them claiming they would support Case for the forseeable future. Without a firmware update that is an empty promise.

The same developers behind Case are now trying to pre-sell a wearable ring called Token that will let you pay with a tap of the ring once connected to your charge card. Also Token door locks and ignition of some cars, along with some password management. Costs $249 not shipping until December 2017.

BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 07:27:38 PM

Email from Case Wallet last week they are shutting down:

"Case Wallet is suspending Bitcoin Wallet services on November 1, 2017

What you need to know:

1. Your Case Wallet will stop functioning on November 1st

2. If you have a bitcoin balance in your Case Wallet, you should move the funds to another wallet between now and October 31st, 2017

3. You will need to contact our support staff to perform a recovery to retrieve funds after October 31st. This is the same process you'd go through now if you lost your device

Why we are shutting down Case Wallet:

1. 2G is being sunset globally at a faster pace than we originally anticipated and Case becomes unusable in an area where 2G gets retired since it can't access the Internet to perform transactions

2. The 'Buy and Sell' functionality within Case has been suspended because Celery has discontinued their service

3. We are parting ways with our third key recovery partner. We were unable to find an adequate substitute who met our strict guidelines for transparently managing customer recovery keys

4.  We are shifting all resources to work on Token for it's upcoming launch next year. Token is a two factor signing device and we plan to work with bitcoin wallets, as well as other blockchain applications to give their users an easy way to securely manage their private keys

Our team remains dedicated to our mission, which was always to create a consumer experience layer for cryptography so that people can easily manage and use private keys in their day-to-day life. We are extremely appreciative of your support of Case and hope you will continue to support us as we continue to push to bring blockchain applications into mainstream use. Please reach out to us with questions, concerns, or comments you may have during this period. We want to be as transparent as possible and we welcome these discussions. Please email us at support@choosecase.com for any and all inquiries.

Regards,

The Case Wallet Team"

N.B. Trezors and Ledgers bought years ago continue to work fine.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: