Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:28:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [QUESTION] Can you put up Google adsense ads on a bitcoin related website?  (Read 3602 times)
BillN (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2012, 07:20:06 PM

Browsing across different bitcoin related websites I rarely see any adsense ads even though lots of website do show ads.

I was wondering what the reason for this is. Does Google prohibit using adsense on bitcoin related websites? I found this topic discussing some suspicions in that direction (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=24384.0) but am wondering what the current state of affairs is.

Anybody an idea why adsense isn't often used on bitcoin websites? (or maybe my observation is wrong and someone can show me some examples of sites that do carry adsense).

p.s. I am not sure this subforum is the right section for my question, but since people making websites and project hang out here I thought I'd post it here.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ShireSilver

Activity: 382
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2012, 10:45:00 PM

My guess would be that people heavy into bitcoins, such as bitcoin site webmasters, are going to be fairly anti-Google due to their perceived evilness. They might also want to promote one of the bitcoin based advertising options.

Shire Silver, a better bullion that fits in your wallet. Get some, now accepting bitcoin!
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 12, 2012, 10:46:53 PM

Yes, you can use adsense on bitcoin related sites. As long as you don't promise bitcoins(or bitcents, or milibits) in exchange for clicks on the ads and you follow all the other adsense rules you're good to go.
BillN (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 11:42:19 AM

My guess would be that people heavy into bitcoins, such as bitcoin site webmasters, are going to be fairly anti-Google due to their perceived evilness. They might also want to promote one of the bitcoin based advertising options.

Yeah I thought about this: Most bitcoin using people will be fairly tech savvy and have good 'ad blindness'. Maybe for that reason bitcoin related ads will work better since people using bitcoin want to keep bitcoin running and will support those types of banners.

Any ideas from a webmaster and their experience with adsense vs. bitcoin related ads?
BillN (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 08:46:34 PM

Anyone can confirm using Adsense is ok?

BillN (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 03:05:50 PM

I can the site in my sig uses adsense, it is in the rotation

U sure? Don't see any adsense after 50 or so refreshes
BillN (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 10:12:35 PM

I can the site in my sig uses adsense, it is in the rotation

U sure? Don't see any adsense after 50 or so refreshes

make sure you have no adblock or anything and I added one below the submit button, so that will always show

Still not working (on some reloads it says I do use adblock and others I dont -- I don't use adblock at all), but doesn't matter.
HeavyMetal

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 12:15:46 AM

I imagine it goes something like this:

- Bitcoin related site puts of adsense
 - Bitcoins users like to use tor and go to the site and click the ads
 - Google sees tor users clicking ads and suspect click fraud
 - Adsense revoked.
jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 01:26:44 AM

I imagine it goes something like this:

- Bitcoin related site puts of adsense
 - Bitcoins users like to use tor and go to the site and click the ads
 - Google sees tor users clicking ads and suspect click fraud
 - Adsense revoked.

The site blocks tor, and as many proxies as we can detect.

It is no longer called adsense, they rebranded it as adchoices.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
Factory

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 04:36:29 AM

You can't really be a webmaster and be against Google.......in the sense that the majority of search engine traffic will be from Google  Grin.
bennett616

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

http://www.freebitcointips.co.uk/

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 01:59:00 AM

I use adsense on http://www.freebitcointips.co.uk/ Smiley

Andy B

HotSwap

Activity: 806
Merit: 1000

COINMIXER.NET

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 08:50:07 PM

Adsense just disabled my account for a violation without explanation, I'm currently trying to contact them and figure out what I did wrong. Needless to say i lost a bunch of money since they never payed out. Beware

High Volume, Secure Bitcoin Mixer: https://CoinMixer.net
Jollem

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:28:32 PM

Adsense just disabled my account for a violation without explanation, I'm currently trying to contact them and figure out what I did wrong. Needless to say i lost a bunch of money since they never payed out. Beware

You had 4 adsense ads on 1 page, You had no content in your site(1 page only), no privacy policy/use of terms, no contact for people, your site was full of ads. I just said the most important things that google want for a website.

How much money did you have on adsense account?

Friendly,

Jollem.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: