Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:21:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Web of Trust | Sign contracts with Bitcoin | (Needs bug fix)  (Read 1238 times)
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
August 12, 2012, 08:22:54 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2012, 03:14:03 PM by Xenland

Hello, I'm going to be short but basically I have been working with another Bitcoiner to produce an open source web of trust front end to facilitate Bitcoin transactions in a fair and intuitive way. The only problem is the HTML <textarea> inputs won't verify Bitcoin "sign/verify messages" maybe someone could take a look at it https://github.com/Xenland/WOTCoin

Oddly enough the login works fine(which uses the same mechanisms) but the message is predictable so its a lot easier to check -- since it is just straight php string message to php signature input check.... with the signing up transaction/contracts there is the Web Input(contract message) -> to php(hope there is no newlines) -> bitcoind
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
frisco2

Activity: 312
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 07:00:59 AM

Sorry, I can't quite follow what you are saying, but:

- why not use PGP web of trust ? Or are you doing that ?
- I should be able through your web of trust, to sell $ or BTC, to whoever wants to buy it in the web-of-trust graph, but your system should break the deal up into several buy/sells between two adjacent vertices in the graph (people). Some transaction can even be done in person.

Crosspass -- a simple way to send passwords, encryption keys, bitcoin addresses, etc.
da2ce7
Legendary

Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016

Live and Let Live

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 07:02:26 AM

Why not use this:  We have been working on it for a while!  Grin

http://privwiki.dreamhosters.com/wiki/Distributed_Web_of_Trust_Proposal_2

One off NP-Hard.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2012, 07:08:32 AM

I like the idea of asshole insurance  Cheesy

Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 03:01:07 PM

Sorry, I can't quite follow what you are saying, but:

- why not use PGP web of trust ? Or are you doing that ?
- I should be able through your web of trust, to sell $ or BTC, to whoever wants to buy it in the web-of-trust graph, but your system should break the deal up into several buy/sells between two adjacent vertices in the graph (people). Some transaction can even be done in person.

Its techinically PGP web of trust just think Bitcoin web of trust... the owner of the address can only sign for stuff. Maybe check out the system and then tell me what needs improvement hehe Smiley
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 03:19:11 PM

I think if someone built a downloadable application and integrated it with the WOTCoin system API then we would have your p2p distributed data system.
frisco2

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 03:26:11 PM

Its techinically PGP web of trust just think Bitcoin web of trust... the owner of the address can only sign for stuff. Maybe check out the system and then tell me what needs improvement hehe Smiley

Outside of github, is the php code hosted anywhere, like a website ?

Crosspass -- a simple way to send passwords, encryption keys, bitcoin addresses, etc.
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 03:55:59 PM

Outside of github, is the php code hosted anywhere, like a website ?

Yeah www.WotCoin.com
(Uploading wotcoin codes....)
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 04:00:51 PM

Uploaded the code, I shouldn't have to update the database but if you see any blank screens or PDO sql errors let me know its cuz i need to update the SQL database thanks mates Smiley
frisco2

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 11:53:12 PM

Search in the menu takes my to a 404 not found.

Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 01:22:17 AM

I am offering 1.5 btc to fix the login and contract signing bug. I dont care about anything else at the moment the whole siterelies on its main functions if those dont work well profiles and searches are useless.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: