Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:21:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Dark [DARK] 100% PoS, Stealth, Anon  (Read 25949 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jeffery_dahmer

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 11:41:55 PM

did you get the file? hope it helps

Still waiting, FrazzleNutz
CarsonCloak

Activity: 72

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 11:51:44 PM

Yes. There is nothing to give a clue why it crashes. It doesn't even report that an RPC command was called, which means it crashes before it echos the command to the log file. It could be a JSON decoding error. All RPC commands are parsed as JSON. There is a lot of buggy code related to JSON in the wallet.

So just to be clear "getinfo" works but "help" does not?

DARK: FECqNjwb99MC7nTHM1iQKpL9RGZAAiVPnz
jeffery_dahmer

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 11:54:14 PM

Yes. There is nothing to give a clue why it crashes. It doesn't even report that an RPC command was called, which means it crashes before it echos the command to the log file. It could be a JSON decoding error. All RPC commands are parsed as JSON. There is a lot of buggy code related to JSON in the wallet.

that is correct and "importprivkey" also causes a crash as soon as you try you hit enter after typing the command with the private key.

CarsonCloak

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 11:56:48 PM

that is correct and "importprivkey" also causes a crash as soon as you try you hit enter after typing the command with the private key.

Does it crash if you just type "importprivkey" without the private key?

jeffery_dahmer

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 11:59:48 PM

lol yes it does. i just crashed it again Smiley

CarsonCloak

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 12:02:52 AM

lol yes it does. i just crashed it again Smiley

Okay. I'll see what I can do with that info. Let me know if it ever crashes when you type "getinfo".

I have both windows 7 and windows 8 testing machines. I'll see what happens.

jeffery_dahmer

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 12:06:44 AM

will do. hopefully that info will help. i did try to debug via visual studio and it gives me this but i dont know enough about this info to know whether or not its useful.

Unhandled exception at 0x007C9844 in DarkCoin Qt.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0000002C.

bitLeap

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 12:30:08 AM
Last edit: March 30, 2015, 12:58:25 AM by bitLeap

Just to make it clear, this is an attempt to confuse people, nothing more.

If anyone has doubts, read the post mentioned by the op in this topic: https://www.darkcoin.io/news/rebranding-to-dash/

We are not trying to confuse, trying to stick to the original DarkCoin plan. We put the link to that news story in our OP if you would like to check. We just want GOOD anon tech to be moving forward!

so why didn't you simply buy some $DOGED? bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=817937 sorry I don't see nothing here that will add to anonymity/privacy aren't you the same dev of LitecoinDark? You are indeed trying to confuse people and I don't see any plan for this coin and you don't want GOOD anon tech to be moving forward 'cause all your scam coin would do is run away with some honest people money.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
jeffery_dahmer

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 12:43:54 AM

if im not mistaken they didnt scam anyone, this was a rebrand of an already anonymous coin that had already been mined. if they were trying to scam someone they wouldn't have rebranded shit and would have dumped as soon as the coin, under the former brand, hit the exchange initially . 

CarsonCloak

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 12:49:35 AM

If anyone has doubts, read the post mentioned by the op in this topic: https://www.darkcoin.io/news/rebranding-to-dash/

We are not trying to confuse, trying to stick to the original DarkCoin plan. We put the link to that news story in our OP if you would like to check. We just want GOOD anon tech to be moving forward!

so why didn't you simply buy some $DOGED? bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=817937 sorry I don't see nothing here that will add to anonymity/privacy aren't you the same dev of LitecoinDark? You are indeed trying to confuse people and I don't see any plan for this coin and you don't want GOOD anon tech to be moving forward 'cause all your scam coin would do is run away with some honest people money.

We aren't the same devs as LitecoinDark. I am the original dev of FUD. That theme played out and we were looking for a rebrand. We played with the idea of the name "Perpetual", bringing a little creative and managerial talent into the team, and just as we were about to do a full scale rebrand, the coin formerly known as DarkCoin rebranded to Dash. At that point is was obvious what our new brand would be. This wasn't premeditated. It was opportunistic.

There is no goal to confuse anyone. Just bring it up and we will clarify.

We believe someone may have made a mistake to the tune of about 0.2 BTC a day or so after the rebrand. But they did not buy our coins. They bought someone else's. As you can imagine, we were watching price movement and volume pretty closely after our change, so we noticed these trades.

We absolutely don't want confusion. We just wanted a cool brand, and DarkCoin was availble.

jeffery_dahmer

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 12:57:52 AM

and didnt you say your goal was to stick to the original DARKcoin plan?

bitLeap

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 01:00:10 AM

We aren't the same devs as LitecoinDark. I am the original dev of FUD. That theme played out and we were looking for a rebrand. We played with the idea of the name "Perpetual", bringing a little creative and managerial talent into the team, and just as we were about to do a full scale rebrand, the coin formerly known as DarkCoin rebranded to Dash. At that point is was obvious what our new brand would be. This wasn't premeditated. It was opportunistic.

We believe someone may have made a mistake to the tune of about 0.2 BTC a day or so after the rebrand. But they did not buy our coins. They bought someone else's. As you can imagine, we were watching price movement and volume pretty closely after our change, so we noticed these trades.

We absolutely don't want confusion. We just wanted a cool brand, and DarkCoin was availble.

I can't judge you guys just keep it clean

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
CarsonCloak

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 01:09:06 AM

and didnt you say your goal was to stick to the original DARKcoin plan?

The plan to embrace anonymity as part of the brand. I hope that part isn't confusing. Maybe we'll fix that up. We wrote the OP in a rush.

EDIT: No we don't mention sticking to any particular plan. I just re-read the OP. I don't think it's misleading.

CarsonCloak

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 01:18:11 AM

I can't judge you guys just keep it clean

Read the original FUDcoin thread. Except for a pretty standard ninja-launch instamine, the history of this coin is sparkling. It has been very low-priced for many months, so there has been plenty of opportunity for people to get in. If the trades on Cryptopia are real, people are still getting in for a good price.

jeffery_dahmer

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 01:20:21 AM

this is where i saw the plan thing... no worries though.

darkcoindev (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 01:34:36 AM
Last edit: May 07, 2015, 06:35:26 AM by darkcoindev

We are not trying to confuse, trying to stick to the original plan. We just want GOOD anon tech to be moving forward!

I heard about your issue with the wallet. Thanks for your support with DARK. I'd like to send you a tip. Can you PM me your address and i'll send you 100 Dark Smiley

Thanks!
CarsonCloak

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 02:03:59 AM

I see. There was a lot of excitement during the re-brand launch and one of the few people who were posting to the dev account were not too careful with how they phrased things. Sorry if that is confusing.

triplef

Activity: 338
Merit: 100

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 02:56:09 AM

what happens when the trademarked darkcoin logo/ name etc gets on your asses ? when pople hold DARKcoins and they are worth shit since you will owe millions to evan ?
what then ?

CarsonCloak

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 03:08:36 AM

what happens when the trademarked darkcoin logo/ name etc gets on your asses ? when pople hold DARKcoins and they are worth shit since you will owe millions to evan ?
what then ?

We haven't seen evidence of a trademark for the DarkCoin name. Our logo doesn't look the same as theirs. No one from the Dash team has contacted us. Plenty of angry trolls have popped up in here though, bumping our thread. It's helped to raise our profile a bit. Thanks for your help!

If we do it right, we'll get more trolls.

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 5027

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 04:57:57 AM

Where do I short this shit?

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: