Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 04:12:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will we ever see BTC over $1,200 again?  (Read 6572 times)
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 02:54:20 PM

I think it may indeed be dead, should have sold when we had a chance

Stop whining man! If you just went in to make a quick buck and running after your fiat cash I have to disappoint you!
Better sell your coins now if you're not convinced of this technology! I will never understand the sense of threads like this.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 02:55:05 PM

It might take a year or 3-5 to reach over $1200 level again. At least I don't expect it before 2018.

If Bitcoin grows with 100% each year from now, which is a reasonable estimate, then we might actually stay above $1000.

As long as it isn't a peak like last time, we will be just fine. We don't want it to drop hard for another time.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 06:58:53 PM

I'm thinking something significant will happen to force the price upwards at some point this year and it'll be well on its way upward before most even know what is going on. People have forgotten how insane this market can be when it wants to change.
Coinshot

Activity: 521
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 08:37:48 PM

If yes, when?

My initial assessment was that the rapid fall to 160 was the bottom and we will go up slowly with a rally either this year end or next year. It looks now that there is a real chance it may go below 200 and even to low 100s. In that case not so sure about the future, 1200 might take years.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

lucasjkr

Activity: 644

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 01:54:02 AM

Yeah, before fixating on huge prices in the future, the first question should be along the lines of "when will Bitcoin stop falling?"
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1432

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 03:45:20 AM

If yes, when?

Yes.  When Willybot 2.0 is online.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 03:49:05 AM

Yeah, before fixating on huge prices in the future, the first question should be along the lines of "when will Bitcoin stop falling?"
Just think of all the things in down the pike that will bring in demand to buy coins and if there's enough or any of that then the future is bright. I presume the bulls are accumulating in the mean time and then planning a time for when the breakout makes sense so that it'll go on generically.
asuryan180

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 04:04:08 AM

I'm thinking something significant will happen to force the price upwards at some point this year and it'll be well on its way upward before most even know what is going on. People have forgotten how insane this market can be when it wants to change.

Hopefully this is the case but we have seen some good news recently that should have raised the price and it is still the stuck, which i might add is not a big deal to me because i have time to get some more end of the month.

I am one who has forgot the insanity that this market can bring i have actually found it quite boring recently. OP i think we will see it again but not any time soon and i believe if it comes it will be legit so will be exciting times.

Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 07:33:33 AM

Maybe the winklevoss Gemeni exchange will have a positive effect on BTC's price?

Coinbase exchange had no effect on prices.

So there is no warranty about price rises with Gemini.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 07:34:31 AM

it's not falling anymore, we are at 230 rock solid, we didn't fall back to 180, it just that we retuned to a previous value, i dom't want to call this a fall

we are at 230 for two months now
tokeweed
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 08:01:13 AM

Hopefully this is the case but we have seen some good news recently that should have raised the price and it is still the stuck, which i might add is not a big deal to me because i have time to get some more end of the month.

I am one who has forgot the insanity that this market can bring i have actually found it quite boring recently. OP i think we will see it again but not any time soon and i believe if it comes it will be legit so will be exciting times.

It could take decades.  Take at the max chart of the Nikkei.  http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=%5En225+interactive#%7B%22range%22%3A%22max%22%2C%22scale%22%3A%22linear%22%7D

Seeing that, it sure is possible BTC could follow the same fate. 

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 01:08:26 PM

It could take decades.  Take at the max chart of the Nikkei.  http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=%5En225+interactive#%7B%22range%22%3A%22max%22%2C%22scale%22%3A%22linear%22%7D

How often do we have a revolutionary design like bitcoin come around though? also as been said before its only going to take a few years for bitcoin to develop to its full potential.  Either way im hodling.
tokeweed
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 01:13:23 PM

It could take decades.  Take at the max chart of the Nikkei.  http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=%5En225+interactive#%7B%22range%22%3A%22max%22%2C%22scale%22%3A%22linear%22%7D

How often do we have a revolutionary design like bitcoin come around though? also as been said before its only going to take a few years for bitcoin to develop to its full potential.  Either way im hodling.

The blockchain is revolutionary, yes.  But this is also the open market and btc is traded in that market. 

By all means, hold.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
asuryan180

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 02:18:27 PM

The blockchain is revolutionary, yes.  But this is also the open market and btc is traded in that market. 

By all means, hold.

I fail to say how you can compare that chart with Bitcoins can you explain how you feel that it could share the same fate so that might help me understand what you mean by this? I see nothing that could give you that idea http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikkei_225

They could not be further apart you can't compare the 2 except they can be brought and sold you may as well plucked up a random graph or is that what you done.

Bitcoin is here for the first time there is nothing you or anyone else can do to sway that, especially someone who asked if that is a good idea to short at 240  Wink

Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 02:28:29 PM

Will we ever see BTC over $1,200 again?
Yes.

If yes, when?
When we're ready.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
tokeweed
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 02:55:57 PM

The blockchain is revolutionary, yes.  But this is also the open market and btc is traded in that market.  

By all means, hold.

I fail to say how you can compare that chart with Bitcoins can you explain how you feel that it could share the same fate so that might help me understand what you mean by this? I see nothing that could give you that idea http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikkei_225

They could not be further apart you can't compare the 2 except they can be brought and sold you may as well plucked up a random graph or is that what you done.

Bitcoin is here for the first time there is nothing you or anyone else can do to sway that, especially someone who asked if that is a good idea to short at 240  Wink

You're right.  You know better.  Wink

That example with the Nikkei is given a lot in trend following lectures as it shows that anything is possible in an open market.  So there's certainly that possibility that bitcoin could stay under 300usd for longer than we think.

And do not forget the primary catalyst for btc's surge at the end of 2013 was due to price manipulation via Willybot.

Edit:  And yup, I asked if shorting from 240 is good.  Why...?  Cos it's possible it could go down under 200.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
asuryan180

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 03:28:16 PM

The blockchain is revolutionary, yes.  But this is also the open market and btc is traded in that market.  

By all means, hold.

Bitcoin is here for the first time there is nothing you or anyone else can do to sway that, especially someone who asked if that is a good idea to short at 240  Wink

You're right.  You know better.  Wink

That example with the Nikkei is given a lot in trend following lectures as it shows that anything is possible in an open market.  So there's certainly that possibility that bitcoin could stay under 300usd for longer than we think.

And do not forget the primary catalyst for btc's surge at the end of 2013 was due to price manipulation via Willybot.

Edit:  And yup, I asked if shorting from 240 is good.  Why...?  Cos it's possible it could go down under 200.

Never said i was right and i know better just that you was wrong there is a big difference.

Of course anything is possible but you don't just pull random graphs from where ever you pulled it from  Cheesy

Never said we could not stay below 300, i remember why we had the last bubble pump not disputing that or was i, nope.

That is sweet so now it is possible to go below 200 when it was not when it was 300?

That is my point if you was going to ask to short maybe you're asking at the wrong time and should have enough experience to know it would have been a good time a few weeks ago.

Anyway good luck.

To keep on topic i think we will eventually see 1200 and above we just don't know when.

AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 03:39:06 PM

Above ATH is a FACT, we'll get there, if you don't have this mentality you don't fully get bitcoin and have no notions of what long term holding is.
lucasjkr

Activity: 644

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 03:56:37 PM

it's not falling anymore, we are at 230 rock solid, we didn't fall back to 180, it just that we retuned to a previous value, i dom't want to call this a fall

I'm not talking about over the last month, I'm talking about ever since peaking at $1200; since then it's been a pretty steady grind downwards, with several small junps upward that turned out to not be sustained. But, if say 3 months from now, Bitcoin hasn't fallen further, and in fact has made a move uo that it can hold onto, whether it's to $350 or $400, then we can start fixating on future price rises. But right now, it's if much greater importance for Bitcoin to lock into a stable price zone for an extended period (read:longer than a few weeks) than to speculate when it will actually grow to bigger values.
Coinshot

Activity: 521

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 06:59:18 PM

I will not bet on it. Its at a balance point, but I feel the probability of an upside is less than a fall. Very difficult to say at this point but do not take this staying above 230 for now as a bullish sign.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: