Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: 3 type of question
a - 1 (100%)
b - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 1

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: security transaction for physical object  (Read 992 times)
edo777 (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 11:37:22 AM

Ciao a tutti,

ho delle domande:

1)posso creare bitcoin che funzionino solo in determinati ambiti, ad esempio bitcoin che funzionino solo per la sanità, solo per i buonipasto ecc ecc.

2)posso personalizzare i wollet in maniera tale che accettino solo transazioni con una certa destinazione d'uso.
es. finanziamento europeo da dei soldi sotto forma di bitcoin, posso fare transazioni solo con indirizzi wollet che siano personalizzati solo in quell'ambito di finanziamento.

3) molto importante: se voglio acquistare un bene fisico con bitcoin. e voglio rendere la transazione sicura. ok posso usare l'nfc per creare dei codici che si colleghino alla transazione, ma come risolvo il problema che qualcuno possa prendere l'nfc e metterlo su un altro bene?Huh

Grazie Smiley Smiley
edo777 (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 11:49:14 AM

Hello everyone,

I have some questions:

1) I can create bitcoin that work only in certain areas, such as bitcoin that work only for health, only for food etc etc.

2) I can customize wollet so that only accept transactions with a certain intended use.
example. European funding awards money in the form of bitcoin, I can make transactions only with addresses that are custom wollet only in that area of finance.

3) very important: if I want to buy a physical asset with bitcoin. and I want to make sure the transaction. Can i use the nfc to create codes that they connect to the transaction, but as I solve the problem that someone can take the nfc and put on another good? huh

Thanks Smiley Smiley
OnkelPaul
Legendary

Activity: 1039
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 12:29:34 PM

1) no. Bitcoins can be used for anything. You could try to create an altcoin for a specific purpose, but as soon as it is freely tradeable it can be used for anything.

2) no. How would the wallet decide whether a payment is for a specific purpose?

3) don't understand the question (and it's pretty much unrelated to bitcoin). NFC tags can be used to transmit any kind of information, but their association with some object is only as strong as they are affixed to that object.

Would you please remove the meaningless "poll" from this thread? I suppose you created it inadvertandly.

Onkel Paul

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 01:26:28 PM

1) no. Bitcoins can be used for anything. You could try to create an altcoin for a specific purpose, but as soon as it is freely tradeable it can be used for anything.

3) don't understand the question (and it's pretty much unrelated to bitcoin). NFC tags can be used to transmit any kind of information, but their association with some object is only as strong as they are affixed to that object.

Would you please remove the meaningless "poll" from this thread? I suppose you created it inadvertandly.

Onkel Paul

If he can write a wallet what checks the recipient address against a database of specific purpose wallets and denies the transaction if the target isn't one of those "known good" addresses then this stuff is doable.
edo777 (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 01:56:41 PM

Onkel Paul

thanks for reply.

3)for example:
someone sell a bottle of wine with a nfc inside top of the bottle.

i want buy this bottle with a bitcoin.
but i want that this trasaction will be sure.
i want linked the code of the nfc with a bitcoin trasaction for be sure that, with that money i buy this specif bottle of wine.

ok, and that i think it's possible! correct?

my question is: in which way, i can be sure that someone before than me, hadn't open the bottle cheanged a wine (maybe with wine poor quality), and after this person can sell the bottle with a code that says that this bottle is a good quality.

another example:

i put the nfc inside a shoes, (official nike) with the code i'm sure that i will buy a official nike.
but if someone put the same nfc inside an another pair of shoes, when i recived the shoes with my smarthphone i can check tha the shoes are nike but maybe are fake

sorry for the poll, in wich way i can delate this option 
edo777 (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 02:06:33 PM

Onkel Paul

i want find a solution for in order to make 100% sure and secure a trasaction with bitcoin for a real and phisical things and object
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4656

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 02:19:39 PM

physical things can be counterfeit

RFID can be counterfeit

Bitcoin cannot prevent objects from being counterfeit
OnkelPaul
Legendary

Activity: 1039
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 02:26:43 PM

Your question 3 is not related to bitcoin in any way. You need a tamper-proof container to make sure that nobody messed with the contents. But for your shoe example, how would the buyer know that the seller did not package fake shoes instead of the real products? He needs to trust them (unless the manufacturer themselves creates these tags and packages the shoes with them).

Remember the holographic tags that were used to mark genuine software etc.? Manufacturers of fake products were very quickly counterfeiting these as well.
Producing a truly tamper proof tag (together with an associated validity check mechanism) would be prohibitively expensive for consumer products. It might make sense for really expensive goods.
But all of this is really independent of bitcoin or any other payment mechanism.

Onkel Paul

countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 03:13:45 PM

You can have several wallets. One for food, one for car-related expenses, one for medical, etc...

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
edo777 (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 04:12:20 PM

So, you can confirm that i can persolized my or several wallet for trasaction of different things:  Huh

one for medical payment, another for food etc.etc.

and is so difficoult linked the smart sicurity system (blockchain) of bitcoin for confirmed transaction of real and physical things???

correct?

Thanks

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 04:16:42 PM

So, you can confirm that i can persolized my or several wallet for trasaction of different things:  Huh

and is so difficoult linked the smart sicurity system (blockchain) of bitcoin for confirmed transaction of real and physical things???

correct?

Thanks

Looks like you have a hard time expressing yourself and understanding others.
What countryfree meant is that you can make an unlimited amount of wallets. You can use each one for different things, but you can't make a wallet accept only certain types of transactions. You can't reject transactions.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
edo777 (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 04:33:05 PM

correct?

Thanks

What countryfree meant is that you can make an unlimited amount of wallets. You can use each one for different things, but you can't make a wallet accept only certain types of transactions. You can't reject transactions.

Sorry but with this reply:

If he can write a wallet what checks the recipient address against a database of specific purpose wallets and denies the transaction if the target isn't one of those "known good" addresses then this stuff is doable.

I thought that it can be possible....
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 04:50:11 PM

Exactly where do you think that the rejected coins would go? He can only make them return to the sender or send them into the matrix.
Doing this requires more effort than it's worth it.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
protokol
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 07:04:20 PM

Exactly where do you think that the rejected coins would go? He can only make them return to the sender or send them into the matrix.

I suppose you could program your own wallet, which didn't allow sending of bitcoin to wallets not in its database, but I don't know why it would be considered a feature and not a bug haha...

Re: the physical objects thing, I guess the shoes might work, as the manufacturer could embed RFID tags inside them in a way that couldn't be tampered with without destroying the shoes. These could be linked to some sort of database sidechain with records of all the individual shoes, so when you paid, then scanned them it would see your bitcoin payment on the blockchain, then register that you were the new owner.

This idea could have potential for super limited edition stuff (possibly artwork?), but you would still have to trust that the original tags weren't fake, and that the shoes hadn't been physically hacked by skilled Chinese cobblers, amongst other things.

I guess the wine could have a chip buried in the glass of the bottle somewhere?

edo777 (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 09:15:17 AM

I suppose you could program your own wallet, which didn't allow sending of bitcoin to wallets not in its database, but I don't know why it would be considered a feature and not a bug haha...

Re: the physical objects thing, I guess the shoes might work, as the manufacturer could embed RFID tags inside them in a way that couldn't be tampered with without destroying the shoes. These could be linked to some sort of database sidechain with records of all the individual shoes, so when you paid, then scanned them it would see your bitcoin payment on the blockchain, then register that you were the new owner.

This idea could have potential for super limited edition stuff (possibly artwork?), but you would still have to trust that the original tags weren't fake, and that the shoes hadn't been physically hacked by skilled Chinese cobblers, amongst other things.

I guess the wine could have a chip buried in the glass of the bottle somewhere?

protokol Thanks for reply!!!

LaudaM and Onkelpaul what do you think about it?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: