Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:14:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptostocks - Are they Still Relevant?  (Read 2010 times)
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1128

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 06:01:50 PM

Is the Cryptostocks platform still relevant?  I have heard that it is not as active as it used to be and that projects have shifted away from them.

I know of Havelock and NXT, but what are some of the other popular stock platforms available.

Most of them are scams and ponzis, beware of many so called crypto stocks that keep sprouting everywhere, better to buy and keep Bitcoins, it will outperform almost all the stocks over the course of the next few years Smiley Buy and hold Bitcoins instead of getting one of those crypto stocks Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2015, 06:03:55 PM

Is the Cryptostocks platform still relevant?  I have heard that it is not as active as it used to be and that projects have shifted away from them.

I know of Havelock and NXT, but what are some of the other popular stock platforms available.

Most of them are scams and ponzis, beware of many so called crypto stocks that keep sprouting everywhere, better to buy and keep Bitcoins, it will outperform almost all the stocks over the course of the next few years Smiley Buy and hold Bitcoins instead of getting one of those crypto stocks Smiley

When bitcoin price is falling huge each month then indeed its very easy to outperform all these securities that turn out to lose ALL your money at the end. Tongue

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2015, 06:15:23 PM

Unless your investing in Cryptsy (https://cryptostocks.com/securities/57) almost everything else there is a scam.  Cryptsy still pay dividends but no longer the regular weekly payouts that they use to do.  Current price might good if you can work how much fees Cryptsy is taking and apply to the number of shares you own. (Each share represents 0.0002% of the trade fees collected.  For example, if Cryptsy collects 100 BTC in trade revenue, each share would receive 0.0002 BTC.)

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
umair01

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 03:08:48 PM

most of them out there claiming to give out stocks are a scam, the owners are all anonymous and you don't know from whom you are buying stocks, they can run away at any  time with your money and there will be no trace that they ever existed, better to hold bitcoins is the best option that you have right now.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 06:19:23 PM

You might be able to find 1 or 2 gems out of the trash stocks listed there. My main concern though is the daily btc volume. It is extremely low making any significant investment hard to get out when u need to.

This. It does not look good for them. Havelock has got the same issue. After Amhash crashed, the volume s really low.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 11:47:24 AM

most of them out there claiming to give out stocks are a scam, the owners are all anonymous and you don't know from whom you are buying stocks, they can run away at any  time with your money and there will be no trace that they ever existed, better to hold bitcoins is the best option that you have right now.

Though dezentralized exchanges are even worth on that topic. I guess at the end there has to be a trustworthy service that allows an issuer to verify himself. There is ardeva, i believe, though thats too automated since i think i have read problems with them. Not so sure.

At the end real people would get all details and check things out really. So that they can write up the things they made to ensure the trustworthiness of an issuer.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
CoinFriend

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

support.

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 02:43:27 PM

Is the Cryptostocks platform still relevant?  I have heard that it is not as active as it used to be and that projects have shifted away from them.

Interesting topic!

I am cryptostocks user, but for everyone who is not registered today i can't recommend the website!

The admin provides an exchange called VIRCUREX also.
Both sites are bad support and less/no maintenance. It seems that updates on cryptostocks are not processed for a longer period of time.
The people who offer shares by this website talk about problems to contact the owner of cryptostocks. The same counts as well for the users of the website.

At all cryptostocks has moved to a bad service, even when the idea of the site is very good.
There are only few reasons why i don't leave the site. First the cryptsy-exchange offers there fee-shares. And a hand full other projects listing seems interesting also. Like PM Poker for example. As well as a project which offers mining shares...

But for now, due to scam projects i have lost a lot BTC on this site.
I hope every day that not something bad happened with cryptostocks.
There is no guarantee! And there are no reactions from the owner.

And here is a list with all the projects which are offered on this website:
https://cryptostocks.com/securities

- https://www.cryptopia.co.nz  - your one stop crypto shop  -
Exchange, Mineshaft, Marketplace and much more. Check it out Smiley
chmod755
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 09:08:42 PM

Overstock is trying to do something in this section. I guess those cryptostocks could be used to get a small business started - however I'm pretty sure you'll have to comply with the same rules as a company that gets listed on OTC Markets with the benefit of OTC Markets having a good reputation. Some companies are listed on multiple exchanges so it might be possible to get listed on a traditional exchange AND issuing a cryptostock too.

http://www.wired.com/2015/04/overstock-files-offer-stock-works-like-bitcoin/

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: