Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 01:51:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we see the bottom?  (Read 1585 times)
Bobblehead Pete (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 02:50:35 PM

http://www.newsbtc.com/2015/03/25/bitcoin-price-continues-to-decline-where-will-it-stop/

I need some experts analyst here.
Right now, bitcoin sits at $246.

Will this continue? If yes, at what level will it stop?
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 03:04:11 PM

You can check it out on the Speculation board. There are tons of predictions, so just pick one what you like Smiley. ("Eeny, meeny, miny, moe" is a great prediction tool over there as I see.)

BTW I'm doing my calculations according to the BTC/BTC pair. That's always in the green... Smiley
CoinDiver

Activity: 778
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 03:05:34 PM

Which bottom? Smiley

http://mises.org/daily/3229
BTC:1PEyEKyVZgUvV4moXvCD5rQN21QETGPpLc
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 03:11:07 PM

http://www.newsbtc.com/2015/03/25/bitcoin-price-continues-to-decline-where-will-it-stop/

They will manipulate the price down until they can't make any more money from that, then they will manipulate the price up.
The one thing that traders hate is stability, they can't make money from Bitcoin staying at one price all the time, so rise and fall is the way it goes.

The bitcoin economy is growing, transactions per day are increasing, screw the price, things are going good for bitcoin.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 03:38:33 PM

we are near it probably, as i doubt it will lower under 200, there are some strong wall before that
needFREElunch

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Hi

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 03:42:10 PM

I think that it will bottom out at about 230. But if it doesn't stop going down there I think it will go to 150 because of all of the people panic selling like what always happens when there are price swings.

neoneros

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I can draw your avatar!

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 03:44:53 PM

So now would be a good time to buy, but never more than you can afford to lose!!  Cool

The fluctuation is a good thing for traders, but I rather have more places to spend bitcoin other than exchanges Sad

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 04:03:29 PM

You've posted the thread in the wrong section. I guess it is okay since it's going to get moved soon.
Anyhow there was/is a lot of debate on the bottom. Obviously predictions are wrong most of the time, the market has a free spirit. The bottom could be the current price, it could be $200, who knows.
I would say however that we might not go under $200 anymore. We don't have to rush, even though I'd like to see the price recover a bit.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
ShetKid

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 04:56:16 PM

Its impossible to predict the bottom, as any large holder could dump anytime. But I doubt we would go below 200 in the following months.
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 05:01:51 PM

He talks about setting a stop loss at 241 as if that would save your ass... with Bitcoin you never know, and you might as well cancel your orders right when it starts to climb back up to 500+. Personally I never leave orders opened or else I cant sleep.
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 05:07:16 PM

Its impossible to predict the bottom, as any large holder could dump anytime. But I doubt we would go below 200 in the following months.
That is true. We can't really know when price will drop in the end. But something else is more interesting for me, why the hell did that happen? You guys have some info about it? There was nothing what indicated that bitcoin price will drop like the, we were almost at $300... and now this...
Slaxt

Activity: 476

Gone......

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 05:44:36 PM

I think that it will bottom out at about 230. But if it doesn't stop going down there I think it will go to 150 because of all of the people panic selling like what always happens when there are price swings.

230 sounds reasonable as a bottom below that to much resistance unless something like massive holdings cash in am talking massive, and then it will only touch 160-170 for a couple of minutes 'flash crash' people will be panic straight into the whales. Game set match, then them same panic sellers will buy back in at 190-200 and complete the game.. op think the bottom was 160's we should not go there again..

TC is the worse thing to happen to default, needs to open his eyes and not jump to conclusions, not everyone lies!!! Anyway as promised I have left, pass word changed to long random which I will forget like that plonker who ruined a perfectly fine account.
mitus-2

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 05:55:12 PM

impossibile to predict but i place my bottom of the bottom at 220 usd/BTC.
there are a lot of walls and resistance before that point
hugs1BTC

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 05:56:48 PM

I think Bitcoin will never go under 200$, it's becoming too popular.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 05:58:37 PM

I think Bitcoin will never go under 200$, it's becoming too popular.
The popularity doesn't effect the price. Actually it's nowhere near from being "too popular". Facebook is too popular with 1.4 Billion users. Bitcoin doesn't even have 5 million users. That's the issue. The increasing adoption via Bitpay actually just makes the price go down. I wish that some of these big companies actually kept their Bitcoin. It's not like they don't have enough money to support keeping a few million $ in Bitcoin.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
lucasjkr

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 06:04:28 PM

That is true. We can't really know when price will drop in the end. But something else is more interesting for me, why the hell did that happen? You guys have some info about it? There was nothing what indicated that bitcoin price will drop like the, we were almost at $300... and now this...

You're looking for rationality in a market driven by speculation. There is nothing fundamental underpinning bitcoins value, and the market just isn't very deep. A small change in sentiment by just a few people can end up adding or removing a lot of buyers from the market, and that drives prices far more than it does in, say, most equities...

Likewise for most equities, buyers and sellers cluster their bids and asks right near the current value. With bitcoin, not so much the case, causing huge moves on a daily basis.

Wheres the bottom?

That's anyones guess.
Nowi

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 06:11:23 PM

On internet are tons of predictions, I thing BTC will fall little bit at next few days too, but as last months it will also go back to 290+ per Dollar Wink

Shiver

Activity: 248
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 06:38:46 PM

How many times have we all read ad nauseam "don't invest more than you can afford to lose"?  If people actually did that then there would be no panic selling.

Personally there is no bottom price that would make me sell.  Only personal circumstances that squeezed me would make me sell anything, not anything to do with the market, only because I'd run out of resources elsewhere.

randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 07:23:25 PM

if traders could spot bottoms then he or she would make a huge load of money.
my guess is that it will not go below $200 buy support there looks strong.
lucasjkr

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:29:59 PM

People are being over dramatic it isn't a huge drop yet, hell what have we dropped in the last 2 weeks 20 bucks? I don't think we will even drop below 230.

20 dollar drop in the last two weeks...

How many dollar drop since new years...

How many more dollars dropped since the previous new year...

It'd be great to see it make a sustained move in the other direction, or even just staying flat for a few months, rather than this continual downward grind...

$230 is only $13 dollars away... Where is the buy support?

Unless a new gang of buyers appears on the horizon, the continuous trickle of coins hitting market from miners needing to pay expenses will easily knock through that floor $13 below us...
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: