Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:27:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $500 Amazon Giftcard for Btc  (Read 1004 times)
Netpyder (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Scam / Scammer Hunter

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 04:07:25 PM

i will in a couple of hours be paid by a $500 amazon giftcard.
will be EXCHANGING it for 2 Bitcoins.

anyone willing to grab it.

contact a reputable escrow service and you pay the fees.
make sure not an escrow service which even once lost the item in escrow.

Thank you

mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 04:25:07 PM

Okay, lets point on the obvious here, because stuff like this have no re-course action and the buyer is screwed on way or the other.

Plus your amount is not a small one, so your approach is pretty bold. Esp doing any form of giftcards in general.

How was this also purchased?
Netpyder (OP)

Scam / Scammer Hunter

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 04:35:21 PM

Okay, lets point on the obvious here, because stuff like this have no re-course action and the buyer is screwed on way or the other.

Plus your amount is not a small one, so your approach is pretty bold. Esp doing any form of giftcards in general.

How was this also purchased?

i sold my website : chancetowinsomething.com

the person agreed on 2 bitcoins. but he is not able to get bitcoins by creditcard. also, he works from 10 to 9 usa time which makes it very tough to go to the bank and buy bitcoins from localbitcoins. so he will be paying me with a $500 giftcard. my website is already in escrow on another forum.
once i check the giftcard and is able to buy my bitcoins, i let the escrow know the transaction was ok and he release the escrow there.

the buyer is genuine and i as a seller on the forum is genuine. nothing dodgy or scam based.

the buyer HERE send the escrow the 2bitcoins + fees.
i send the escrow the giftcard, he checks. confirms with the buyer. and exchange the goods.

i am not selling my giftcard because i will need to sell it to a lower price. i am just doing an exchange, i believe in bitcoins, so i do everything to collect as much as i can. one day bitcoins will be worth way more than what they are worth now. or else i will just lose, but part of the risk i want to take. there you go, all explained

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 2327

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 04:52:48 PM

You are essentially looking for the market rate which is pretty unusual to get even when a trusted member is selling any kind of gift card. As a brand new user I think you should be expecting to get no more then 80 to 85% of the value of any amazon gift card that you can sell
Netpyder (OP)

Scam / Scammer Hunter

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 04:58:35 PM

You are essentially looking for the market rate which is pretty unusual to get even when a trusted member is selling any kind of gift card. As a brand new user I think you should be expecting to get no more then 80 to 85% of the value of any amazon gift card that you can sell

anything over 92% i might accept, it wont be such a big loss for me then

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 05:03:29 PM

92% is probably unrealistic, even for a trusted member. Now that I think of it, even 85% is probably the upper range that someone who is well trusted would be able to get.

If someone wants an amazon gift card they can get a 100% guaranteed to be legit one from gyft for 97%
Netpyder (OP)

Scam / Scammer Hunter

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 05:07:05 PM

92% is probably unrealistic, even for a trusted member. Now that I think of it, even 85% is probably the upper range that someone who is well trusted would be able to get.

If someone wants an amazon gift card they can get a 100% guaranteed to be legit one from gyft for 97%

promoting something buddy? i am trying to make an exchange here. do you mind?

and saying that the website you pointed to sells legit amazon giftcards, do you mean mine is fake? i will let escrow check and decide that Smiley

regtrade

Activity: 194
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 05:09:49 PM

You should ask your buyer to pay any incurred costs of his obscure payment method, just an idea. Would allow you to offer a rate that might actually be considered by traders here

[   BITVALVEⓇ   |   P2P CRYPTO EXCHANGE   ]      ▬▬▬▬    BITVALVE
                                   ❱ BUY BITCOIN       ❱ BUY ETHEREUM                     BUY LITECOIN
                                             ❱ BUY BITCOIN WITH PAYPAL      ❱ BUY ETHEREUM WITH PAYPAL              [   ◾◾◾ JOIN BITVALVE   ◾   WHITEPAPER   ]
Netpyder (OP)

Scam / Scammer Hunter

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 05:13:03 PM

any offer above 92% of $500 will be considered. escrow payment COMPULSORY.

escrow holds bitcoins. escrow checks giftcard.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 05:17:36 PM

and saying that the website you pointed to sells legit amazon giftcards, do you mean mine is fake? i will let escrow check and decide that Smiley
Even if the escrow checks the gift card at the time of the transfer, it does not mean that it won't be reversed later due to it being purchased with a carded credit card.

I am not associated with gyft in any way, however most people on here are already aware of them
Netpyder (OP)

Scam / Scammer Hunter

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 05:22:38 PM

Even if the escrow checks the gift card at the time of the transfer, it does not mean that it won't be reversed later due to it being purchased with a carded credit card.

I am not associated with gyft in any way, however most people on here are already aware of them

not helping me at all mate

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 05:24:55 PM

I am just saying how it is. I am also letting any of your potential trading partners what precautions they should take.
Netpyder (OP)

Scam / Scammer Hunter

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 05:26:37 PM

I am just saying how it is. I am also letting any of your potential trading partners what precautions they should take.

like i said, escrow is compulsory. the escrow checks the validity of the giftcard FIRST then do the release for both sides.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 05:28:49 PM

like i said, escrow is compulsory. the escrow checks the validity of the giftcard FIRST then do the release for both sides.
And like I said just because a gift card appears to be loaded on an account does not mean the purchaser will actually be able to use it and that its value will not later be reversed.
Netpyder (OP)

Scam / Scammer Hunter

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 05:30:15 PM

And like I said just because a gift card appears to be loaded on an account does not mean the purchaser will actually be able to use it and that its value will not later be reversed.

WHAT? can that happen?
how do i check if the card i will be getting is genuine then?
damn this is getting difficult.

i thought it would be a simple exchange

Slackerc0de.us

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 05:41:48 PM

Thank you

u sell or buy ?
Netpyder (OP)

Scam / Scammer Hunter

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 05:42:46 PM

Thank you

u sell or buy ?

exchange $500 amazon giftcard for 2 bitcoins

regtrade

Activity: 194
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 05:45:03 PM

Online banking is very common in the US, so his excuse of working hours smells fishy. As mentioned, a gift card is reversible just like any CC payment method.

I think he is attempting to scam you

[   BITVALVEⓇ   |   P2P CRYPTO EXCHANGE   ]      ▬▬▬▬    BITVALVE
                                   ❱ BUY BITCOIN       ❱ BUY ETHEREUM                     BUY LITECOIN
                                             ❱ BUY BITCOIN WITH PAYPAL      ❱ BUY ETHEREUM WITH PAYPAL              [   ◾◾◾ JOIN BITVALVE   ◾   WHITEPAPER   ]
Netpyder (OP)

Scam / Scammer Hunter

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 05:46:18 PM

Online banking is very common in the US, so his excuse of working hours smells fishy. As mentioned, a gift card is reversible just like any CC payment method.

I think he is attempting to scam you

thats why i use ESCROW. how dumb from a newbie to post a comment like that

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 05:48:53 PM

WHAT? can that happen?
how do i check if the card i will be getting is genuine then?
damn this is getting difficult.

i thought it would be a simple exchange
You would need to buy something on Amazon for the entire amount and wait for the goods to be received however even then it is possible that the card is not legit and that you would get a visit from law enforcement. You can ask for a receipt showing it was paid for in cash but that can be faked.

You generally need to trust the person you are trading with when you buy gift cards.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: