5 satoshis - 0 (0%)
6 satoshis - 1 (100%)
7 satoshis - 0 (0%)
8 satoshis - 0 (0%)
9 satoshis - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 1

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Good time to buy Devcoins!  (Read 1797 times)
develCuy (OP)

Activity: 470
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 07:50:08 PM

The current value of DVC is 4 satoshis, and is going down to 3. At first sight it means that nobody wants it, but if we carefully check their community, it looks like they are preparing something big. So it is a good time to buy DVC! Buy cheap sell high = WIN

Join Devcoin: Telegram, Reddit, Discord, Facebook, Keybase  | The Devcoin Project - from the many, one. From one, the source

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 07:51:18 PM

The current value of DVC is 4 satoshis, and is going down to 3. At first sight it means that nobody wants it, but if we carefully check their community, it looks like they are preparing something big. So it is a good time to buy DVC! Buy cheap sell high = WIN

Thank you for this friendly tip!
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 07:52:47 PM

Volume (24h): $21

Not your keys, not your coins!
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 10:17:54 PM

Yeah it takes time to buy LOTS this cheap. Lurking on 3 tends to mean quite a lot of idle time while people play around at 4 and above, but periodically it has hit 3 and at Vircurex the bitcoins lurking on 3 meanwhile make a little income on the side simply for being on the exchange. I can see where you might not want to leave bitcoins sitting idle on other exchanges waiting to be first in line to pick up Devcoins for 3 or less though.

Basically if you want to lurk on the low end of the buy side of an order-book ensuring you will be first in line for cheap coins at each price, Vircurex seems to be the place to do it.

Another way of saying that is if you want to build a DEEP, strong buy-side for a coin Vircurex seems to be the place to do it.

As long as they are accepting bitcoin deposits, that is. The big problem at Vircurex lately for me has been the last time I put in bitcoins they still have not shown up in my account so I have not been able to replenish the buy-side order-books so merged mined SHA256 coins have been dropping everywhere. Last time that happened they fixed the deposit daemon or whatever the problem was eventually - after several days - but this time it is stretching into weeks and the bitcoins still have not arrived.

On the bright side this means I have been picking up coins at lower than expected prices due to inability to continue replenishing higher priced buy offers.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
choochimil

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 09:43:03 AM

I used to trade these when they were 3-4k sats. Forgot they even existed. Don't think I will buy any more now though.

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 11:49:40 AM

3 to 4 k ? When the heck was that? I thought about 300 or so satoshis was their peak, maybe 320 or something like that.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
develCuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 04:07:36 PM

3 to 4 k ? When the heck was that? I thought about 300 or so satoshis was their peak, maybe 320 or something like that.

-MarkM-

I think there is confusion between DGC and DVC.

Join Devcoin: Telegram, Reddit, Discord, Facebook, Keybase  | The Devcoin Project - from the many, one. From one, the source
bitrev

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 04:45:41 PM

Where is that something big?

http://forum.devcoin.org/

With all due respect but their forum/coin seems dead..
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 01:20:44 AM

Where is that something big?

http://forum.devcoin.org/

With all due respect but their forum/coin seems dead..

I didn't even know there was a forum subdomain at devcoin.org.

One of the DeVCoin projects is coinzen.org, I thought most DeVCoin discussion has been there for a long time now.

You can still argue that it isn't a highly active forum I suppose but it isn't dead.

I wonder who set up the one at devcoin.org and when? I don't recall what was going on back before coinzen was set up.

-MarkM-

EMIF

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 09:02:11 PM

One of the main problems with DVC was the distribution schema. Most of the time only writers got the reward. There is no solid payment mechanism for other open source goods like coding , making images or videos. I dont mean there was no payment but writing was always easy for getting share rather than coding or making videos.

Also there was controlling problem.

Anyway the idea was good and still good. But it needs more and more restructuring of the organization. Some extra dedicated projects for Devcoin marketing and also a good development team are needed for wake up.
carlbrabant

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 10:03:06 PM

Thank you,but l have not satoshi for buying..but thanks anyway..
develCuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2015, 06:09:40 AM

So the coin touched 3 satoshis for enough time to make +30% profits! Since it quickly went up to 4 satoshis, so the few ones that bought at 3 and sold at 4 are smiling.

By the way, there is still a great chance to make 25% or more since the coin is selling at 5 satoshis and there is a good change for it to touch 6 satoshis. It is up to you to take the opportunity!

shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 11:53:02 AM

I think devcoin will keep dropping as the supply is just too much.
I don't like coins with so much supply. It is difficult for the altcoin to rise in value.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
EMIF

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 01:53:05 PM

I disagree with you about the inflation rate. Inflation rate is currently (nearly )same as LTC.

After 210,000 blocks the block reward will not reduce.
Is it a big problem or main problem with DVC? I think , its not.
Lets look at DOGE  there are nearly 100 billion coin which produced in 14-15 months. In case of DVC, there are nearly 9 billion coins ( or tokens) which produced in nearly 3.5 years. And price of DVC is just 1/15th of 1 DOGE.

I believe  main problem with DVC is the organization problem (and also distribution problem but not big as organization). HunterBunter posted a message to the DVC thread last week. Hopefully, If the organization becomes more decentralised and more responsible people take over the project then the price will rise again. More importantly, DVC gains more community.
lucasjkr

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 01:58:10 PM

What is this "big" thing they're preparing for? Or is it just fantasy?
develCuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2015, 02:45:20 AM

What is this "big" thing they're preparing for? Or is it just fantasy?

We are restructuring the community and the way Devcoins are distributed, encouraging participation and promoting the use of Devcoin for real, not just trading.

develCuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 06:24:01 PM

More info about DVC restructuring: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=233997.msg11069460#msg11069460

EMIF

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 06:10:15 PM

I posted DVC thread about signature campaign but got no response. Are you sure about restructuring?

I want to help by operating  a signature campaign but I think it needs more time and effort for restructuring.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 06:30:02 PM

Use a couple of hundreds of dollars and bring the price to the moon Grin Seriously, I followed Devcoin community and development for some time. The devs promised some much good features over the time and nothing happened. I think it is just another promise that will not be come...

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 10:44:24 PM

Use a couple of hundreds of dollars and bring the price to the moon Grin Seriously, I followed Devcoin community and development for some time. The devs promised some much good features over the time and nothing happened. I think it is just another promise that will not be come...

Perhaps this is the best idea Smiley. Development is slow, marketing is non-existent, services are scarce, exchange rates are something next to zero. Apart for speculation I don't see why should anyone go for it. I like the concept, and like the coin (I still have a couple of millions) but without real-life services it will slowly fade out of all exchanges.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: